Bulldogs Host Special Athletes at Belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no doubt this season has been a trying year for Bulldog supporters. The below par performances has ignited fans dissatisfaction with both Canterbury players and coach..and justifiably so..it's been a woeful year.. However, getting caught up in all this anger and disappointment, sometimes we lose a little perspective of what sport is really about..fun and participation. This week the Doggies hosted some very special athletes..athletes who epitomise these two principles of sport..And in doing so..showed that performances on the field are not the only things that make this such a great club..follow the link to see why..

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/08/07/bulldogs_host_specia.html

Here's the video link..

https://mobile.twitter.com/nrl_bulldogs/status/894377571114041344

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Charity and social work like this is what the team & club should focus on this year.. its the only positive left.. because they will fail at anything to do rugby league

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the bulldogs players are the very special athletes. no offense intended but really these no other way to take it

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Put them in dogs jerseys against the Rabbitohs on Thursday night, they will probably score more points.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Put them in dogs jerseys against the Rabbitohs on Thursday night, they will probably score more points.
Probably ? Almost certainly.
More heart in that group, than there has been at the dogs for a long time.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not too interested to be honest we are a football club firstly but the last few years we seem to be more focused being goodwill, political correct, refugee touchy feely crap.... yeah I'm bitter anda cranky old ****..... but my football team is more like camp quality or vinnies rather than a fucking champion football team

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not too interested to be honest we are a football club firstly but the last few years we seem to be more focused being goodwill, political correct, refugee touchy feely crap.... yeah I'm bitter anda cranky old ****..... but my football team is more like camp quality or vinnies rather than a fucking champion football team
Gee man..missed the whole point..how sad..

Sir Dog

New Pup
Reaction score
I expect nothing less from our great club to be involved in such excellent programs. However, this should not distract us from the fact that our on field performance is abysmal and warrants major change.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on the Bulldogs for getting involved with this. My mum has been fostering children since I was a teenager and has had two kids with disabilities for about six years. One of them has spent most of that time working hard as a sprinter. She's had quite a bit of success and is very proud to have done well at the special Olympics as she's grown up. She's very hopeful of making the adult teams in the next year or two.

It's a bit sad that we've already got people in this thread treating this with more disrespect than I think is warranted. You may not like the results the team has had this year, at least have some respect for the athletes who work very hard to represent at the special olympics. This should be one occasion where as bulldogs fans it would be nice to uphold the old saying that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's the thing...

All these players should remember this day and moments like this. Then game day get a mirror and take a good hard look at themselves. Use these events as an incentive on game day.

When they take the field instead of thinking "hmm I best not break a nail tonight trying to score a try", start thinking about these poor men, woman, and kids at home, watching the complete and utter bullshit they serve up every week.

Heck little Jane or Billy getting a visit from their hero battling terminal cancer is one thing, and those players are there telling such kids to never give up. Then they take the field and do exactly that.

Play for the fans first and everything else second.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That was a really enjoyable piece of viewing. If only our on field performances could elicit that sort of joy..

On a side note - that just increased my man-love for Marcelo Montoya, what a fantastic young man he is.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was a really enjoyable piece of viewing. If only our on field performances could elicit that sort of joy..

On a side note - that just increased my man-love for Marcelo Montoya, what a fantastic young man he is.
Montoya looked like he got as much Joy out of it as the guy he was assisting obviously did..a quality human being..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the lead up to the Special Olympics Cup this Thursday night at ANZ Stadium, the Bulldogs hosted some very special athletes at Belmore Sports Ground on Sunday.

Loved it.. So proud of our team what great hosts they are ..looked like everyone thoroughly enjoyed it

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at people saying they need to concentrate on footy when they would have literally spent an hour with these people...

Status
Not open for further replies.