Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Source: The Australian
Date: 21st July 2015
Author: Margie McDonald

James Graham is not looking forward to having to tackle his best friend Michael Ennis on Sunday at Belmore Sports Ground.

But he will be asking Ennis for a lift to the ground. “We used to car pool for most of last year,” Graham said, as he and Ennis live 100m from each other. “So I’ll ask if he fancies giving me a ride.”
It will be strange for Graham and Ennis — teammates for the past three seasons — to be on opposite sides in Canterbury’s home match against Cronulla.
Graham played 72 games for the Bulldogs until the end of last year and 71 of those were alongside Ennis. The other game was the grand final against South Sydney, which Ennis had to miss due to a serious ankle injury.
It was a severe disappointment on several fronts as that was to be Ennis’s last game for the Dogs after six years. He took up a two-year deal with the Sharks this year.
This is the first time the clubs have met in 2015 but it’s not the first time Graham and Ennis have played against each other.
“We played against each other in a World Club Challenge back in 2007,” Graham said, referring to St Helens’ 18-14 win over the Brisbane Broncos. “It’s funny that we turned up together at the Bulldogs. It’s not so surprising we became great mates. I have to drive past his house to get to mine.”
But tackling Ennis in anger is causing Graham a little anxiety.
“I don’t know how I’ll feel. It’s going to be strange but we’ll still be friends after that 80 minutes.
“During the 80 minutes I have to do my job. I can’t let anyone past me. Mick is playing for Cronulla so he won’t be doing any favours for me either. He’s such a quality player and it’s still sad to me that he had to leave. But unfortunately that’s a part of the game these days.”
The match is part of the Bulldogs’ 80th birthday celebrations. The Belmore training ground and sheds will be very familiar to Ennis.
“I spoke to him the other day and he’s looking forward to it,” Graham said. “On a personal note as much as he would have loved to play for the Bulldogs at Belmore he gets that chance to come back.
“I think it’s good that our fans will pay their respects to him as well. He missed that last game for us in such tragic circumstances.”
There will be no jeers from the Dogs faithful for Ennis, a former club captain.
“He’ll get a fantastic reception,” Graham said. “He will always be in the Bulldogs fans’ hearts forever.”

Malla

Reaction score
They will be life long friends, but I bet they will be at each others throats on Sunday afternoon.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Captain Ennis. I actually miss him

Last edited by a moderator:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is the opposition for 80 mins come sunday
fcuking smash him and rip his head off for that 80 mins
then shake his hand and respect him at full time
it's that simple

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis would have sat down with Flanagan and gone through all our set plays and defensive structures.. we should show Ennis no mercy and smash him...
He wont be doing us any favours...
He would even call out to our forwards to offload to him..

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
He is the opposition for 80 mins come sunday
fcuking smash him and rip his head off for that 80 mins
then shake his hand and respect him at full time
it's that simple
Agree with this. The end of the day as long as we win I don't care lol.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
at the end of the day Ennis busted his backside for the bulldogs no disrespect should be shown to Ennis.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis would have sat down with Flanagan and gone through all our set plays and defensive structures.. we should show Ennis no mercy and smash him...
He wont be doing us any favours...
He would even call out to our forwards to offload to him..
Agree. We must modify the game plan.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually think Ennis going better at the Sharks than he was for us and Graham was a bit rusty last week but should bounce back in attack.
Will be interesting to see if James wants to run over the top of Mick.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis' improvement this year has come on the back of being given free rayne to play what he sees.

I think he's close to career best form atm, makes you wonder why Hasler didn't allow him to do the samr with us and yet Lichaa can do whatever he likes this year (with mixed results let's be honest).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I actually think Ennis going better at the Sharks than he was for us and Graham was a bit rusty last week but should bounce back in attack.
Will be interesting to see if James wants to run over the top of Mick.
I dont think Ennis is playing any better, origin proved that, i just think what he does works better in their structure. Sharks are far from contenders though. Ive watched their games. They are going ok but i dont expect them to be in the hunt at finals time. Graham with a run under his belt will be better . He looked like he needed the run, he had nowhere near his usual impact vs eels. Thats was his first full match played in about 10 rounds.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just to rest the Ennis Origin bashing..here are two seperate ratings on his performance

Article: State of OriginThree player ratings
Source: Daily Telegraph
Author: Barry Toohey
Date: 9th of July 2015

Michael Ennis: Tackled everything and was his usual in-your-face self. 7

Article: Origin III: NSW player rating
Source: Official NRL website
Date: 8th of July 2015
Author: Corey Rosser

9. Michael Ennis
Didn't let anyone down with his efforts, showing plenty of energy in defence where he led the NSW tackle count with 50. 8/10

Give the guy some credit he is in great form.. Six try assist in just his last 3 games..should've been seven if the Video Ref didn't make the wrong decision down in Canberra when Ennis came up with the winning play..

Let's hope the Doggies are ready for him on Sunday..which I'm certain they will be..

ps ratings are out of ten..I would've gave him 7..it was hard to shine in attack behind a severely beaten pack..he never gave up in defence..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, I have only one thing to say in response:
52-6, 9 out of the last 10 series
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been waiting for your response since I posted this thread..You never let me down.. I love your passion.. Good stuff bro!!!

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, I have only one thing to say in response:
52-6, 9 out of the last 10 series
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is why people can't have logical discussions with maroon fans without being yelled "QUEENSLANDER" in their face. With your logic I could call you a 'questionable' dogs fan with all your love for the storm/bronco/thurston red team

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love the fact billy moore yelled "queenslander" but born in nsw!! Says a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.