Bulldogs First home game moved to bluetongue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those fans who have planned interstate or international travel to be at the home ground for the kick off of Round 1, I feel have been significantly disadvantaged by this late decision. Wasn't travel and organized schedules a primary focus of tendering 2013 fixtures ahead of time. This creates a nasty precedent for remaining matches. Especially when the last weeks of the season are yet to be decided.

two steps forward, one step to BlueTongue.

cb.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
bloody pathetic tbh...as a paying member it's bullsh1t that i have to pay for another ticket even though this is supposedly meant to be a "home" game....poor form in all honesty
Very poor form as far as I am concerned!! they have been getting away with this for a few years now and they seem to do it just when they think they have signed up the maximum memberships. of course they will blame the draw or something like that but the first home game of the year???? give me a break!!! they must think we are fools.

B

BoonReturns

***** please come talk to me when youve travelled interstate to watch the bulldogs play like a true fan does
You mean like when I travelled to QLD and Vic to watch them play? I do that whenever I can. Have enjoyed the odd trip to NZ as well.

However that is not the point. Why are you complaining if you are so keen to travel? Jst simply go to Gosford and watch them play

B

BoonReturns

You all need to harden up.

If you are travelling interstate to watch the game simply change your transfer to get to Gosford. Or just catch the train. Takes roughly the same time as it would to get to Olympic Park from the airport these days. Book a few days at beautiful Terrigal and enjoy one of the best places on earth.

Seriously, harden the **** up

Gutty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As above. What happened to members first?!
I'm a member too mate.....just so happens i live on the Central Coast.....i went to every single game at ANZ last season, but did i whinge ?
It's not all about the big smoke champion....everyone deserves a fair crack !

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a member too mate.....just so happens i live on the Central Coast.....i went to every single game at ANZ last season, but did i whinge ?
It's not all about the big smoke champion....everyone deserves a fair crack !
I understand members are everywhere. However the club is based in belmore, our home ground is ANZ. 80% of our members are based in Sydney. I have no issues traveling to Gosford (have done in the past n will travel to this game) My only issue is that it's the first game of the year. Losing the GF has made this the longest off season ever, every member is stinging and hanging out for a game of footy, they released the draw and members would have planned to be at ANZ march 9. To change it 6 weeks out is poor form. Just thought after the support we displayed last season it wud of been nice to have our first game at home. One thing that hasn't been discussed is the cowboys fans. No doubt they wud of had flights and accomodation sorted and that is now irrelevant for them.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is designed to expand our fan base, as well as give supporters on the Central Coast who can't afford to trek to Sydney the chance to experience something special. I congratulate the philosophy.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well i guess its bad for anyone who cant make it to Gosford, but i was happy to hear we wont play our home match vs Storm away this year. About time. Im therefore happy they did it. More of you will be happy when you get to see us play Storm at ANZ later in the year

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Lets be honest here, we all need to remember that even though we are called the "canterbury-bankstown bulldogs" it does not mean that we simply should get all the important matches near the area.

There is a somewhat large bulldogs fan base from the entrance and southwards, so i think this move is a fair deal. Its not like they take our first game out of sydney every year, im sure this is a one off, just to help encourage more supporters from the region. (and its not like dogsVcowboys is a local derby either..)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only negative I can see TBH is that things may affect people from out of town who had possibly already paid for accomodation, but i would suggest such people are in the significant minority, andin any case, the game has been moved to Gosford, not Perth.

On the other hand, as much as overall i'm in favour if it means we finally get to see Storm in Sydney, it does fly in the face a bit of the whole fixing the first 20 rounds of 2013 thing....

With regards to arguments about it being Round 1, TBH, I don't see the diff between Round 1, or 10, or 20. Half the sides in the comp have away games the first week.

But i'd say this will continue to create some debate yet :grinning:

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who cares guys!!

Bulldogs fans are now spread all over the country, lets take it to them, it's still a home game with the cowboys maybe having 10 supporters there, blue tongue gives fans a closer feel to the players and the ground, it's a one off game, maybe an afternoon game would have been better for travelling fans from Sydney ( I'm one of them ),

but I love my team and ill be there in blue and white and my large flag to cheer my team towards another win in pursue of another premiership!!

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Great news for me. It is only a 30min drive rather than 1hr 30mins as usual. Catch the train people as the only parking is at the Leagues club across the road and that would be full on a Saturday. Have fun and enjoy the sunny Central Coast:grinning:

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
*nek minnit weather like 2005 trial lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are tickets on sale yet? I couldnt find it on Ticketek...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Rain forecast for the weekend NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Were tickets supposed to be on sale today, Nothing on ticketek yet???

DOGG STIEL

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Absolute BS.... Why become a member when they always move games away from ANZ

Status
Not open for further replies.