Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

SYDNEY MORNING HERALD

The Bulldogs have reached out to Taylan May’s management to express interest in the Penrith outside back if he wants to leave the reigning premiers.
The 22-year-old, who is coming off a season-ending ACL injury he suffered in the World Club Challenge against St Helens last February, is now a free agent and is off contract at the end of 2024.
Taylan May was a standout for the Panthers in his rookie season.

Taylan May was a standout for the Panthers in his rookie season.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS
The Bulldogs, who are also in negotiations with his older brother Terrell to try and lure him out of the Sydney Roosters next season, have expressed a desire to sit down with the young flyer if he wants to explore his options at rival clubs.
May’s manager George Mimis is scheduled to meet with the Panthers next week to gauge Penrith’s appetite in securing an extension for him.

The Panthers are aware of Canterbury’s interest but have been assured that Taylan will not meet with the Bulldogs until after they sit down with him to discuss his future.
Terrell May has an offer on the table from the Bulldogs and his incumbent club the Roosters but is waiting to see what his younger brother will do before committing his future.
Stephen Crichton (left) has already left for the Bulldogs and could be joined by Taylan May (far right).

Stephen Crichton (left) has already left for the Bulldogs and could be joined by Taylan May (far right).CREDIT:SYDNEY MORNING HERALD
The brothers have expressed a desire to play together in the future and hope that they can join their sibling Tyrone May (Super League) at an NRL club in the future.
The Bulldogs had an agreement with Tyrone to join the club in 2024 but the deal was scuppered after it made its way into the media mid-way through last year.

The Panthers have a bit of wiggle room in the salary cap to retain May after missing out on the retention of Jarome Luai. Sunia Turuva and Mitch Kenny are also free agents.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it gets the Terrell deal over the line, I'm fine with it, tbh.
Correct @Flanagun . As soon as the club put out an offer to Terrell it was always going to happen with the offers to Taylan and Tyrone. I don't know how any could realistically say we are only getting Terrell. This is right down Gus's alley getting 3 Panthers at once.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Flanagun didn't take Gus long to fall for Terrell's demands after all the big misses this was bound to happen to snare the big prize in the prop stakes
The problem is now tho that Gus smugly refusing to pay the overs required for the top prop talent like Tino and AFB we are now in a desperate state where we will be forced to pay overs for mid tier prop talent like Terrell and will have to drag over his baggage brothers in the process to get the deal done. Were in a perrilous state in the recruitment game due to the misses and mistakes made over the past 12 months or so

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think we need another winger either but Taylan May was really good before he got injured and better than any winger we have. If we signed him, obviously we'd get Terrell.. It would probably mean Addo-Carr would be somewhere else next season... I'll believe any of this when I see it though...

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think we need another winger either but Taylan May was really good before he got injured and better than any winger we have. If we signed him, obviously we'd get Terrell.. It would probably mean Addo-Carr would be somewhere else next season... I'll believe any of this when I see it though...
Fox offers a lot and maybe part of the start to the new era. Always good to have depth, Wilson is flexible too. If the quality and character is good, improves the squad then make it happen.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is now tho that Gus smugly refusing to pay the overs required for the top prop talent like Tino and AFB we are now in a desperate state where we will be forced to pay overs for mid tier prop talent like Terrell and will have to drag over his baggage brothers in the process to get the deal done. Were in a perrilous state in the recruitment game due to the misses and mistakes made over the past 12 months or so
Terrell said he would only play somewhere other than Roosters or Panthers if it was a package deal with his 3 brothers. Within a week Gus comes in with the offer for Terrell. It was only time before the other two entered the picture. It was predicted last week. At least one outside back will be flicked. If Luke Lewis can be flicked anyone can.