News Bulldogs emerge as favourite to sign Alex Twal after coffee shop meeting with Cameron Ciraldo

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha. How does a footy conversation become about choking women in a sexual fashion.
Welcome to the kennel.
Can start a thread about Jersey Flegg, then it’ll evolve into steroid use and then land on Bilal Skaf

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really hope gus is using the money freed up by tpj to get the twal and safiti deals done. We had money to spend before tpj ran away so surely his cash could be used to top up what we offer the other clubs to get these deals done

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope gus is using the money freed up by tpj to get the twal and safiti deals done. We had money to spend before tpj ran away so surely his cash could be used to top up what we offer the other clubs to get these deals done
TBH I think our biggest headache when it comes to money is having too much. We have to spend 95% of the cap. With the quality on the market we will struggle to spend it all. TPJ’s money could buy both these guys plus another middle of similar ability.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH I think our biggest headache when it comes to money is having too much. We have to spend 95% of the cap. With the quality on the market we will struggle to spend it all. TPJ’s money could buy both these guys plus another middle of similar ability.
2024 it is 97.5%

Always a Bulldog

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2024 it is 97.5%

Always a Bulldog
That's got to be the dumbest rule, surely the nrl know that certain clubs like the Bulldogs, Tigers and Dragons don't even have 11-12 million worth of talent to spend that much, do they honestly expect these clubs to either drastically overpay niff nuffs to hit that mark and inflate the market even more or not hit the 97.5% and incur some sort of fine/punishment.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well if tpj was on 850 or whatever it was I think 600 of that would have to be used towards safiti otherwise newscaster might as well keep him. Twal we should offer 75% of whatever tigers are paying. They will still take up rather decent chunks of our salary cap but at least they’re proven first grade middles

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well if tpj was on 850 or whatever it was I think 600 of that would have to be used towards safiti otherwise newscaster might as well keep him. Twal we should offer 75% of whatever tigers are paying. They will still take up rather decent chunks of our salary cap but at least they’re proven first grade middles
If they can stay injury free and are in form then they're worth every penny. After watching SST today for Catalan, the guy is looking like he can easily do the NRL for a couple more years. Add King to that and we have a decent rotation with good depth through the middle for around 2.5mil.

To think Thompson and TPJ were taking 1.6 of that.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Twal set to re-sign with the tigers, apparently we weren't willing to take him unless the tigers paid 100k freight.