News Bulldogs emerge as favourite to sign Alex Twal after coffee shop meeting with Cameron Ciraldo

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah we have a habit of that.
Like signing that dud from Penrith for two years after he made a phone call to pay begging for a gig.
Or Crichton for three years
Or Lichaa for 2.
All these players could have had a 1+1 option as all failed nice and early.
Crighton is signed for 4 years unless you are referring to his brother.... can't remember how long we had signed him for.....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Crighton is signed for 4 years unless you are referring to his brother.... can't remember how long we had signed him for.....
3 years of hell

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Twal is on 550 at the tigerpies next year so I think it’ll just come down how much freight they pay
slightly less than half I'd say. I think you'd get him for 350k. If Tiger are contributing much more than that it isn't going to be worth it for them. If they aren't willing to contribute close to 200k no one will sign him imo.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes the brother. I never understood why we did that.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
slightly less than half I'd say. I think you'd get him for 350k. If Tiger are contributing much more than that it isn't going to be worth it for them. If they aren't willing to contribute close to 200k no one will sign him imo.
I agree

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I can see a RFM swap.
RFM on about 450 so I say full freight transfer then they split the difference on the leb.
But I have a sneaky suspicion Kiraz will be transferred to someone for a prop.
Because we tried to transfer Kiraz last season to saints.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
RFM on about 450 so I say full freight transfer then they split the difference on the leb.
If we tried to transfer Kiraz it's time to blow up the club

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There are clues.
1. The saints swap last year that fell through.
2. @EXORCISTs inside oil strongly suggested Kiraz is part of the ‘Training is too hard’ crew.
3. I could be very wrong but I didn’t see him at mad Monday. Please disregard this if wrong as I’m 50/50 here
4. If we want to get a fly prop, we will need to provide a player of real value and that is Kiraz if a team wants a centre three quarter.
Parra for example need players out the back and I could easily see a Blake Lawrie for Kiraz trade at saints still.
Keep an eye on Parra because Kiraz has said multiple times in interviews Lebs don’t leave their mums house (He has said this a few times) and he wouldn’t need too if he went to Parra, and he could be a chance at a premiership there.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If shit didn’t go hard you wouldn’t have a chin.

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers may want to get rid of him to simply rid the joint of anyone that has been a part of their losing culture
Could be a handy pickup

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont mind twal, hes a servicable enough prop and gets thru plenty of hard yakka in the middle

Problem Is we are offering in the ballpark of 500-550k for his service. For a prop forward who cant bust a tackle or slip an offload, this is silly money.
Once again you have no idea what the figures are

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't mind him be a good get

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are clues.
1. The saints swap last year that fell through.
2. @EXORCISTs inside oil strongly suggested Kiraz is part of the ‘Training is too hard’ crew.
3. I could be very wrong but I didn’t see him at mad Monday. Please disregard this if wrong as I’m 50/50 here
4. If we want to get a fly prop, we will need to provide a player of real value and that is Kiraz if a team wants a centre three quarter.
Parra for example need players out the back and I could easily see a Blake Lawrie for Kiraz trade at saints still.
Keep an eye on Parra because Kiraz has said multiple times in interviews Lebs don’t leave their mums house (He has said this a few times) and he wouldn’t need too if he went to Parra, and he could be a chance at a premiership there.
Blake Lawrie for Kiraz? Lol

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I've said before, this signing is a MUST, even if we do a swap with the West Tigers

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love Kiraz and his attitude, gives 110% every game, would prefer we keep him…but if there’s a swap in our best interests to help us move forward, I can live with it… we have an abundance of centres/wingers. Again, we just have to trust the process.

Gus placed Penrith in a position of power single-handedly - sustained future success through development & pathways.. it’s won them 2x comps, he won a comp with us in 88 and he’s won comps at the Roosters, he’s a winner, he knows what he’s doing.