Bulldogs Dean Pay fined $25,000 for criticising referees. - Update Page 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok they have done what ???
Don't you think they are working behind the scenes? They don't need to publicise what they are doing as a board. Does the CEO of your company tell you about every deal they are negotiating or do they tell you when the outcome is known? What happens to the club if they come out in public to berate the refs and the NRL?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Effective boards communicate with their stakeholders. Our board has, to date, not done so. Currently someone is slowly drip filtering our salary cap drama to the press to "lessen the blow" and stop it being sensationalized but I personally would rather hear it directly from our board. I really don't want to see a bunch of gravy trainers drinking coffees and doing jack shit. Yes we have known issues. What is their action plan and general strategy so we all understand how the club moves forward. We really have had radio silence from the board so far and its starting to irk me.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to fight this. Its absurd and a fine handed out by a bunch of crooks. Greenbecile and co need a rocket put up them and scaremonger the bastards with initiating a break away competition where corruption and partial referees don't have a home. I can almost Guarantee you that every Rugby League fan wants to watch games that are free flowing and officiated with impartial referees. #fuckthenrl

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We need to fight this. Its absurd and a fine handed out by a bunch of crooks. Greenbecile and co need a rocket put up them and scaremonger the bastards with initiating a break away competition where corruption and partial referees don't have a home. I can almost Guarantee you that every Rugby League fan wants to watch games that are free flowing and officiated with impartial referees. #fuckthenrl
Yep... now is the first real test of our board to see if they have a pair of nuts between their legs and will fight the NRL. My guess is no.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Don't you think they are working behind the scenes? They don't need to publicise what they are doing as a board. Does the CEO of your company tell you about every deal they are negotiating or do they tell you when the outcome is known? What happens to the club if they come out in public to berate the refs and the NRL?
So you know what they are doing??? All I am saying there has been nothing, narda ,zero from them we as supporters and stakeholders who pay their wages deserve more. And yes if there was such a out cry about a certain issue my leadership would come out and make a statement thats what leaders do.
PS I actually support the new board.

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep... now is the first real test of our board to see if they have a pair of nuts between their legs and will fight the NRL. My guess is no.
thats it! ill be pissed is they dont have the stones to do something.... along with the CEO... the nrl broke Hasler and made him say nothing and Ralene only cared about public image the Gronk... Media and everyone hates us anyways, so lets justify that hate by being hard nose tough *****, not some weak fools who bend over and take unjust punishment

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its pretty simple Gerrad Sutton is obviously a racist little prick thats why he hates the dogs. Nrl and ch9 need brisbane to do well for tv ratings.

I bet you my balls later in the year when he refs us again in a game that means nothing he will win us the game with his game management skills. Then the media and nrl will say "see what are you complaining about his a fair ref".

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEXT HOME GAME BRISBANE HOWS WITH SUTTON AS REF. PUT YOUR HOUSE ON BRISBANE TO WIN YOU CANT LOSE. WE WILL ALL MAKE A TONNE OF MONEY. ITS THE EASIEST MONEY ANYONE WILL EVER MAKE. WHY SHOULD ONLY THE SUTTONS MAKE MONEY OUT OF IT WHEN WE ALL CAN.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very good post. Boards must have some confidentiality to be successful. There is absolutely no need to publicise their every move.
I have trust in this board and I am sure they are working on some sort of solution to this ever spreading problem.
The problem is not just with the Dogs, Almost every team has suffered. We just suffer more than most.
I also support Dean Pay. I may not always agree with him, but I totally support his decision to speak up.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is clear that the potential influence of gambling and it's vested interests could be corrupting the game.
So many dodgy decisions that are inexplicable.
All other teams get away with forward passes from dummy half against us (especially Melbourne, when Cameron Smith is the main referee) and we get no latitude with anything. That Knock on that was missed was the most obvious knock in history and had a big part in the outcome of the game. I would believe that Bennett has some back door access which enables him to control or influence the referees.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
View this email in your browser

Club Update on Breach Notice

The Bulldogs have received a breach notice relating to the $25,000 fine on Head Coach Dean Pay for comments made after the Brisbane Broncos match on Thursday night.

The club is currently reviewing the contents of the breach notice and will consider the appropriate action to take in the next few days.

Dean and the players look forward to having your support this Friday night when we take on our rivals Parramatta Eels at ANZ Stadium.

Copyright © 2018 bulldogsnrl, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you purchased a 2018 Membership.

Our mailing address is:
bulldogsnrl
PO Box 123 Belmore
Sydney, NSW 2192
Australia

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One avenue of appeal may be the right to Freedom of Speech. The NRL can never overrule the laws of the nation, and thats what they appear to be doing.
Lodge a challenge on their legal right to impose the charges they have laid on Dean pay. I see it as being illegal.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One avenue of appeal may be the right to Freedom of Speech. The NRL can never overrule the laws of the nation, and thats what they appear to be doing.
Lodge a challenge on their legal right to impose the charges they have laid on Dean pay. I see it as being illegal.
There would be something saying you must abide by NRL rules when you get registered as a coach or player I'd say.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would have been a cheaper exercise if Pay walked in, said I would rather not discuss that game with you all here tonight and walk out.

Stuart did that, and was fined $20,000.

Here we have a coach, fulfilling his obligation, and fined a larger amount that what would have been if he just did not attend.

Absolute joke!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But the NRL cant be overrule the laws of the country.
They aren't, freedom of speech doesn't mean you don't face any repercussions from what you have said.

Go call a cop a C*&T and see how you go with that.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an avid Rugby League fan I am becoming frustrated at the way Coaches are unable to highlight in press conferences the critical decisions made by referees that are deciding the outcome of games. The coaches are our voices also. Some are so questionable that it raises concern about the integrity of the game. We saw that over the weekend with Gerard Sutton and his brothers and on many occasions prior to this.There is a pattern there that needs further investigation and it's just not good enough to brush it aside.

Our coach Dean Pay expressed his disgust and stood up for the team and fans potentially resulting in a $25,000 fine. We need to back him up.

If the NRL want to disregard the coaches comments and shackle them and not respect the freedom of speech then i suggest we "Talk With Our Arses". We should boycott games that Gerard Sutton and his brothers officiate, effective immediately. The only way the NRL will listen is by fans backlash.

"BOYCOTT GAMES OFFICIATED BY BERNARD SUTTON AND HIS BROTHERS".

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As an avid Rugby League fan I am becoming frustrated at the way Coaches are unable to highlight in press conferences the critical decisions made by referees that are deciding the outcome of games. The coaches are our voices also. Some are so questionable that it raises concern about the integrity of the game. We saw that over the weekend with Gerard Sutton and his brothers and on many occasions prior to this.There is a pattern there that needs further investigation and it's just not good enough to brush it aside.

Our coach Dean Pay expressed his disgust and stood up for the team and fans potentially resulting in a $25,000 fine. We need to back him up.

If the NRL want to disregard the coaches comments and shackle them and not respect the freedom of speech then i suggest we "Talk With Our Arses". We should boycott games that Gerard Sutton and his brothers officiate, effective immediately. The only way the NRL will listen is by fans backlash.

Are you talking abut the fans or the Club/team?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Won't make a difference.

Crowd numbers are already fudged, and stock footage of games with larger crowds is already used on tv broadcasts if the crowd is small.

Financially won't make a difference either.

Nothing will change until the NRL has competition (or a whistleblower reveals match fixing and betting partners shaping game results).

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will share this story
2001 we copped some shellackings from the referees that year topped by the final round's and then a week later the qualifying final's controversial losses to St George, adding salt to the wound the judiciary suspiciously downgraded then exonerated Trent Barrett's 3 weeks suspension down to 1 week then down to nothing for elbowing Braith Anasta in the final round allowing him to play in that qualifying final,
Out of frustration I rang the CEO Bob Hagan lamenting what has gone wrong and expressing my concerns, during the conversation I asked him the question
Has Canterbury's decision to support South Sydney's survival influenced what is happening to us ?
He replied...You've pulled the short straw
Then I asked...What is the club doing about it ?
He replied...Nothing, We can't do nothing, It's up to you the fans to ring or wright and complain to the NRL, Hopefully they might listen to you !!!
Sadly 18 years later and nothing has changed...If anything it has gotten worse !!!
It takes me back to when Ba Ba Lamb was asked: what will happen to Canterbury when he retires ?
His answer was...What will happen to Canterbury when Bullfrog retires ?
No one is perfect... BUT HOW SAD IS THE TRUTH ?

Status
Not open for further replies.