Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow cant believe the hate for Ciraldo. Judging him based on what Baz did because they are both Penrith assistants is ridiculous

Payten, Fitz and Bellamy were all rookies before they coached FG. Remember when we signed Baz, nobody wanted him. Ciraldo, like Fitz, has clubs chasing him. There must be a reason for this. Yes he could turn into another Baz or O'Brien, but I trust Gus knows what he's doing. So far most of the moves he made for the club have been the right ones. The fact that he turned down Flanno and went straight after Ciraldo means he sees something in him that we dont

Whoever Gus chose half the kennel was going to be having a sook anyway so he was never going to please everyone. Personally, I'm just happy that it's not Fitler

The first test for Ciraldo is what he does with Flanno. If he pisses him off, he's off to a good start

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So is this guy any good or are we in another Tbaz situation here?

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My only concern with Ciraldo is he might be too sexy to be a successful coach, think about it all the successful coaches generally have heads like smashed crabs Bellyache, Skeletor, Robbo the list goes on. It's no wonder Baz was a flop.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Coming up on 9NEWS, secret meeting with Dogs powerbrokers. Expected to be officially announced on Thursday.
No we are not. Surely. Another Penrith assistant after failed Penrith and Raiders assistants as coach just doesn't make sense. I'll believe it when I see it. Sack Gus if it's true though.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Potter was quoted as saying he wasnt really all that interested in coaching fg just recently. He was also coached by Gus while playing for the bulldogs. So if you think Gus has shown him no respect, or even asked what he wanted, then i think your far from the mark.
He seemed pretty interested a month or so ago. It's much more likely that he already knew the writing was on the wall and he wasn't going to get that job than he was actually not interested.

And just because Gus coached him brirfly mire than three decades ago doesn't mean he was given a good crack at the coaching role.

The reality is Gus promised us someone experienced. Overlooked a bloke with experience n(and Bulldogs pedigree) for a bloke who has coached three first grade games. Rip off.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ciraldo is unproven as a fist grade coach. A first grade coach that has come into a club, assembled a team of his own assistants and coaching staff, have the backing of a club and built a team that is competitive.
What happens if we sign Ciraldo and he is a flop?
Can you imagine what that will look like, how painful that will be after all these years?
Im sick of hoping for the best.

The fact is potentially signing Ciraldo would be a huge gamble.

Gus will chose and reveal whomever only when he is ready. Knows more than I ever will and so I wont question his decision when he does.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Potter has coached well without pressure. We have played better, quite a low bar though. Ciraldo is the most sought after coach for a reason, I think the Baz experiencie is shaping some of the negative views on here. Todd Payten was an assisstant, not that long ago. Holbrook had ESL experience but has struggled. A good coach is a good coach. This is a power move by the club, everyone wanted him, media said he would not go to the dogs, not a whisper about us chasing him.
We beat the tigers and a bunch of other cellar dwellers for the signature of an assistant coach after Gus guaranteed someone with experience. Talk about a muscle flex.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We beat the tigers and a bunch of other cellar dwellers for the signature of an assistant coach after Gus guaranteed someone with experience. Talk about a muscle flex.
Bro, I get you don't like Ciraldo but to say he was not an in demand and well regarded coach is bullshit. We have decided on the right coach, chased him, kept it out of the media and got him. Power move. I agree that Ciraldo is a gamble, I'm sure Gus has been thorough with his decision. I can see him having a Fitzy/Payten effect on our team

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Be interesting to see who the assistants would be if he does end up coach
Pat O'hanlon and Jahral Yow Yeh. The shattered ankle crew... But in all seriousness who knows, I can't imagine Penrith will let him take any of their other staff.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your kidding right? Gould is knowledgable but far from infallible. He hasn't had anything to do with us for over 25 years, and suddenly he's the messiah? He chopped and changed at Penrith....Cleary, Hook, Ciraldo, the Board stepped in appointed Cleary again as Gould was shown the door.
In Potter and S Flanagan there's 2 coaches with ample FG experience. The players are growing in confidence under Potter, so he surely deserves a full crack, THEN Flanagan, THEN Ciraldo.
It's up to the Board to step in here and show us whose running our Club....them or Gould?
Dribble

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fark this sounds just like when we stole the great attacking coach from Penrith!

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fark this sounds just like when we stole the great attacking coach from Penrith!
Difference is no one wanted Baz for a HC role. It was almost left field, the hiring. There was some hype but no where near this much

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ciraldo seems very level headed and has impressive and forward thinking views on the game, man management and junior development and thinks highly of Gus and the importance other mentors have brought to his development as a coach.

He def seems the next best cab off the ranks to make it into NRL coaching.

Us fans would like to see a place found for Mick so we don't lose what he has brought and the significant contribution to the Club, players and fans at a very low point of our recent history and the low expectations and results at that time which have drasticly improved under his guidance.