News Bulldogs' bark is worse than their bite: Defence needs mending as Ciraldo gambles with star recruit in make-or-break year

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Centers often have to deal with numbers and their decision making to slide or jam is crucial.

We were shocking in that area last season with Alamoti in particular constantly being found out.
It's easy to get found out there, like @Lynchpin said, hard to defend at centre.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure, but we aren't getting those same opportunities against better opposition. We should've blown them off the park in the first half and it's concerning we didn't. This Sharks game will tell us a lot more, better quality opposition and less squad rotation.

Which is why I was happy that at least our defense looks capable.

But yes i am very much waiting to make judgement this Friday as last years game spoke volumes. I think we are very lucky it is the same team, same setting which will be great to guage off 12 months on.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which is why I was happy that at least our defense looks capable.

But yes i am very much waiting to make judgement this Friday as last years game spoke volumes. I think we are very lucky it is the same team, same setting which will be great to guage off 12 months on.
Exactly right, I know it was just a trial, but last year against them was embarrassing and pretty much a prelude of what was to come ..

Will be very interesting to see what was learnt from it and how much they’ve improved as a team ..

Sharks are good, but not quite top shelf yet, so it’ll be another prelude on what we can expect from our 2024 season … should be an interesting game ..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly right, I know it was just a trial, but last year against them was embarrassing and pretty much a prelude of what was to come ..

Will be very interesting to see what was learnt from it and how much they’ve improved as a team ..

Sharks are good, but not quite top shelf yet, so it’ll be another prelude on what we can expect from our 2024 season … should be an interesting game ..
I dont know i like the sharks tbh... Their team is solid across the park with plenty of strike and decent depth options. I reckon they go top 4 this year so if we keep it close i'd personally be content.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, but we aren't getting those same opportunities against better opposition. We should've blown them off the park in the first half and it's concerning we didn't. This Sharks game will tell us a lot more, better quality opposition and less squad rotation.
Yeah massive concern our team missing 6-7 first graders didn’t score 7 tries in the first game of the year. Fuck me that’s such a concern.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah massive concern our team missing 6-7 first graders didn’t score 7 tries in the first game of the year. Fuck me that’s such a concern.
7 first graders? Lol. We had our full spine, turn it up.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
simple crighton is a center and taaffe is a proper fullback...

moron whoever wrote this article
lol. And when I said Taaffe should be the FB the shit I got hahaha, good thing though, because he will prove himself crucial in the 1as time goes on.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm he does realise that Latrell Mitchell and Alex Johnston (two of the better fullbacks in the game) were ahead of Taaffe at Souths.... doesn't he?

Blake has a lot more talent than Perham and his ability to punch the line with pace is something that is instinct rather than trained into a player. He's a ball playing fullback, and with our new look backline, wherever he decides to pop up will spell danger for opposition teams.

Crichton has played fullback a handful of times and been bog average there.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol. And when I said Taaffe should be the FB the shit I got hahaha, good thing though, because he will prove himself crucial in the 1as time goes on.
Can’t using terms like bark and bite for this fucking toothless analysis…agree I rate Taffy…

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Was our defence bad last year and needed improving? Thank God for this article, i was living a lie

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drunkfield has to be the author. Only a deadbeat loser would write so much jibberish.
Can’t be Gus was only mentioned once a 10 mention minimum is required for buzz articles

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was our defence bad last year and needed improving? Thank God for this article, i was living a lie
There was an equally informative article about Sexton trying to lock down a first grade spot . . . Who would have thunk it

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These cocksuckers are so pissed that Gus got arguably the best centre on the planet to a struggling dogs outfit for 800k, Burn on mother fuckers.
Geez mate calm down it’s just a game