News Bulldogs' bark is worse than their bite: Defence needs mending as Ciraldo gambles with star recruit in make-or-break year

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh I rather like us being trashed as opposed to being hyped up by the media. Hopefully we prove everyone wrong this year

Last year all those feel good stories and talk of change only for us to fall flat on our faces was embarrassing

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wish i read who had written the article before reading the actual article.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This has to be a Drunkfield article? Or at least one of his minions.
Crichton is the best centre in the game.
Taffe is a Fullback.
Tracey is also a fullback.
that is all.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Motherfcuker that whole thing was just one BIG fcuking negative rhetorical question! Yuck!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do wonder if the big-bodied halves pairing may help with our defence.

Hutchison was barking orders last week, that communication and onfield talk/leadership can’t be underestimated.

I watched the game again yesterday for kicks... I focused on defense.. Our defense was vicious, well calculated, well drilled and dominant.

Yes it wasn't exactly a first class NRL team but most teams would struggle against it.

Notably Salmon's defense was amazing, he lead the way and the team followed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I watched the game again yesterday for kicks... I focused on defense.. Our defense was vicious, well calculated, well drilled and dominant.

Yes it wasn't exactly a first class NRL team but most teams would struggle against it.

Notably Salmon's defense was amazing, he lead the way and the team followed.
We were literally losing at halftime to a reserve/flegg team + Pappy and 2-3 NRL shitters..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We were literally losing at halftime to a reserve/flegg team + Pappy and 2-3 NRL shitters..
No doubt, but the truth is they bombed give or take 5 tries in the first half alone.

If they manage to defend like that every game and convert chances into points then I have no doubt we'll be floating around the good part of 10th place come season's end.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but we bombed a few and I believe Clark should of had a double, I believe with a closer look there was evidence that he grounded that ball.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No doubt, but the truth is they bombed give or take 5 tries in the first half alone.

If they manage to defend like that every game and convert chances into points then I have no doubt we'll be floating around the good part of 10th place come season's end.
Sure, but we aren't getting those same opportunities against better opposition. We should've blown them off the park in the first half and it's concerning we didn't. This Sharks game will tell us a lot more, better quality opposition and less squad rotation.