rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL

Article from:
The Daily Telegraph
Bulldogs add CB to club logo

By Dean Ritchie

IT'S the details that matter in history - getting the facts right and respecting the past.

And so the Bulldogs will shortly unveil a new logo for next season that will go back to the future.

Acknowledging their heritage, the logo will incorporate the letters CB, as in Canterbury-Bankstown - the Bulldogs' previous name.

The logo will be part of the club's 75-year anniversary celebrations.

Sadly, the club will not return to being known as Canterbury, but the new logo will include a huge part of the club's history.

Poll: Should the Bulldogs revert to being called Canterbury?

There will be several logos unveiled, with fans then able to vote online for their favourite.

"We want some heritage in the new logo," Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said yesterday.

"The CB in our logo shows what we have done in the past. It is an important part of our history.

"It doesn't necessarily mean we will change our name to Canterbury, but it will incorporate what the club is about and what we have done in the past. We should be proud of our heritage and we want to display what we have done in the past 74 years.

"It won't be a logo just for our 75th year - it will be ongoing. A new look is important."

Bulldogs: We were misled on rule

It is expected that fans will be able to vote for their favourite logo within the next month.

The logo will then have to be approved by the Bulldogs board and the NRL before going on the jerseys on sale to the public.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25340871-5006066,00.html

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
how slow are these idiots. the logo was announced on monday at the game and dont post an article about it till thursday.

U

Upskirt News

Yeah and there will be several choices great reporting there. 2 choices very much the same

slobbythegreat

Waterboy
Reaction score
hahaha i just finished reading that, i like how "several" logos will be chosen from, what a to$$a

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should we go back to Canterbury Bulldogs or Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We better be changing our name back also.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The logo will then have to be approved by the Bulldogs board and the NRL before going on the jerseys on sale to the public.
Uh oh!

I heard the NRL just passed a new law.

Section 2a of the NRL guidelines clearly states that "If a club is to change, amend or edit it's current logo, it will be met with a swift response and be given the go ahead unless the particular club's name starts with a "B" and ends in "ulldogs.'"

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Uh oh!

I heard the NRL just passed a new law.

Section 2a of the NRL guidelines clearly states that "If a club is to change, amend or edit it's current logo, it will be met with a swift response and be given the go ahead unless the particular club's name starts with a "B" and ends in "ulldogs.'"
lol

Timmah.

CANTERBURY!!!!!
Reaction score
The logo is for 2010 so I don't know why they're mentioning approval by the NRL as soon as this month.

Also, they've said "later this month fans will be able to vote on it"... umm, it's this week for 7 days, members only.

F**king sh*thouse reporting.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be approved? Does he have hooligans inprinted into it? Does it say "David Gallop is a Horsehead"?

Timmah.

CANTERBURY!!!!!
Reaction score
The approval process exists for all clubs wanting a logo change, they just need to make it sound harder because it's us :p

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The approval process exists for all clubs wanting a logo change, they just need to make it sound harder because it's us :p
Exactly lol

holbi

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, has to be Canterbury BANKSTOWN Bulldogs, just being called Canterbury used to sh** me as 90% of the clubs (good) juniors came from the Bankstowm end of the district, not the other soccer playing end.

Tunksy

New Pup
Reaction score
Those 2 logos r great i like it....
We r and always will be the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs....

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
shytes the club when commentators still call us CB :p i love it. we will always be remembered as Cantery Bankstown, not "the bulldogs"

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care about the CB. However the current cartoon bulldog I have never liked and I understand it only came about because of the super league war when the NSWRL stopped CB from using the bulldog logo they had been using. So let's go back to the old bulldog and ditch the cartoon face. The CB is a nothing issue as far as I can see and I have lived in the CB area all my life. But let's move on from a narrow geographic space.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont wanna see 1935 on it and I kind of like the current logo so I reckon they should use both.

Status
Not open for further replies.