Bulldogs’ teen freak Paul Alamoti runs riot with insane assist, try double against Roosters

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Aaahhhh... based on the history of rugby league
You think every position is going to have the same basic prerequisites for success in 10 years, 20 years, ... 100 years?
things evolve
Right now the game is quicker than 1-2 years ago, fatigue is coming back, and smaller players are coming more and more in to the game
Whether Alamoti is 6 foot or 5’ 9 is irrelevant
There will always be a place for exceptional players to thrive.

When noticing that players are generally getting bigger, taller, faster, more dynamic runners, especially forwards, that does not exclude the fact that there will always be exceptionally gifted players who will go well.

Alamoti looks like such a player at this stage.

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
You write. But look at the good centres at the moment. All similar builds and heights. I’m not saying he won’t make it. That’s why I said similar to to,o as he’s on short side but power makes him good
I think To’o has a shelf life of 2/3 years. He’ll go from elite to average pretty quick. Alamo yo is not in the shape as the elites that we are seeing so I don’t think he’ll be anything more than average unless he develops blistering pace like JAC which I don’t think he has

Reactions: ATT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You may be write. And I hope you are. But at this stage the coaches and recruiters at the good clubs are getting it write. Crighthon from riff didn’t even get a start at Matt’s but has turned into a premium center. Identified through his gifts. Which height is one them. I hope you write but and he becomes a premier center. As he has a lot potential and at his age and write now he is going extremely well
Didn't Crichton only play a few years of league and get a start when he rocked up with his brother during a trial? Swear he played Basketball or something else.

Reactions: ATT

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to say Alamoti can't make it because of his lack of height or blisterimg pace.. It could also be that his strength, footwork and natural footballing ability is what translates more than anything?

Jamie Lyon was fat his whole career and was one of the best, most skillful centres of the last twenty years.

Utai and El Masri were slower and smaller than anyone else yet were two great wingers for us for years despite their limitations. Same applies for Brian To'o and Corey Thompson now..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't Crichton only play a few years of league and get a start when he rocked up with his brother during a trial? Swear he played Basketball or something else.
No he was playing 3rd grade at St Clair at 15’s then hit the go button and levelled up

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to say Alamoti can't make it because of his lack of height or blisterimg pace.. It could also be that his strength, footwork and natural footballing ability is what translates more than anything?

Jamie Lyon was fat his whole career and was one of the best, most skillful centres of the last twenty years.

Utai and El Masri were slower and smaller than anyone else yet were two great wingers for us for years despite their limitations. Same applies for Brian To'o and Corey Thompson now..
That’s my point exactly why he will make it on time. No use getting him bashed at this early stage but. He is a future star in the Brian to,o mould

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is he playing anywhere this week, or still injured ? Can't see who Is in the centre's for Flegg ?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unfortunately rule changes has made the real footballers obsolete, The NRL has introduced rules to only suit the big fast athletes, (to the determent of the game IMHO).
Their are only about 30-40 of these top big fast strong athletes in the whole NRL, and 3-4 clubs have most of them, we don't have any.
In saying that, Penrith are successful because they have a few but have also developed a running stile of play which makes the others good.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So let me get this straight
2 pups who have never played first grade.. are as good as 2 of the best kiwi centres to ever have taken the field? Right.
I think he’s comparing them to everyone since then. Shame Josh Morris is arguably the best Center to ever wear the blue and white. But the pups would shape up well at the moment against Holland for example:tearsofjoy:

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
pretty sure alamoti is injured, has broken hand or the like