No Source Bud Sullivan done deal with Dogs

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Won't be announced til end of the year, but on very good authority Bud is a done deal to the Dogs.

We were never interested in Hunt, apparently it was all a smokescreen to get Bud on board. Gus has been chasing Bud since last year and rates him highly, and Bud himself has not been happy at St George for a long time.

Hope I'm wrong because I don't rate him but the word is strong... should be announced end of season.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll believe it if it’s true , Mundine ain’t happy with the dragons and related to Sloan and close with Sullivan . If sonny close to dogs he has pull .. hopefully this is true but I will not hold my breath

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I like this a lot. In given opportunities this year at 7 he has played pretty well

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's better than Amone and will be good competition for our other halves. We ain't getting a quality experienced half anytime soon by the looks so...

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would getting him be different to the other young ones in the squad . He still needs time to develop and see how he goes

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't be announced til end of the year, but on very good authority Bud is a done deal to the Dogs.

We were never interested in Hunt, apparently it was all a smokescreen to get Bud on board. Gus has been chasing Bud since last year and rates him highly, and Bud himself has not been happy at St George for a long time.

Hope I'm wrong because I don't rate him but the word is strong... should be announced end of season.
I know that CC has always been keen on Bud as well as Gus. Last year when he wanted out, Hook blocked it from happening because it was Gus and Bulldogs but I believe now if its a chance, it'll likely happen with Flanno there. There will definitely be a trade or payment as Bud is contracted another 3 or 4 years with Dragons, right?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's better than Amone and will be good competition for our other halves. We ain't getting a quality experienced half anytime soon by the looks so...
You're right we won't get a quality half anytime soon. By looks of it our future half will have to be developed. I just hope we can get a mentor in and develop our future 7 rather than just trying to develop him purely by getting NRL experience.

I'll throw it out there, who do people think we can or should get as a mentor for our future half that has played the game more recently and is retired?