BRING BACK DEAN PAY!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We are nearly at a all time low and can not see us even competing let alone win in the next couple games against rabbits and storm, Brisbane is a horrible team so if they did that to us my gosh I don't want to imagine storm and rabbits
It wont be pretty judging on form so look away :grinning:

Brisbane are a horrible team but go compare 1 on 1 in their positions. We would get 3? into that team, if that.

Their problems are effort and halves.

Ours are effort, halves, forwards.

No point making excuses. Our team has been built on excuses of late.

We face reality and work on what we can, learn in the meantime and slowly build because sadly we have no other options.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With immediate effect.

He had far less to work with and yet we looked far better than Barrett’s rabble. Let’s throw him a bone and let him continue with what he was building.

The job Pay was doing doesn’t look too bad anymore does it you pack of flogs.
Pay couldn't build a cubby house. Let alone footy team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well said. Dean Pay is a hard bloke not to like; those players respected him and wanted to perform for him. He really just needed smarter assistants around him, to help with the attack, and better conditioning staff. The board was never invested in him or his future.
I don't rate Pay but I totally agree about the board not investing in him. Those germs didn't want to spend a cent on anything other than themselves.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With immediate effect.

He had far less to work with and yet we looked far better than Barrett’s rabble. Let’s throw him a bone and let him continue with what he was building.

Georgalis has been the most promising post the Hasler era. Hope that changes next year under TB with some good recruits coming in

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Overachieving? How many games did pay win last year? Bunnies game was Steve G
Its not about winning, spastic.

Most games where we were expected to get flogged, we ended up losing by 6 or so + holding the line in defence. Every pre and post match commentary praised the dogs character in this regard.

Under Barret we are expected to be at least performing better, we are doing worse in literally everything. Everything you can think of, we are doing worse.

Seriously, I implore you to highlight 1 point we are doing better on. And recruitment doesnt count because that will evaporate as everyone wakes up to the false rep Barret got while at penriff.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No way. He played a defensive game and that allows you look competitive against any team but with no hope of winning.

Baz is going ok. Needs time to work on the team as they probably train well but can't transfer it to the game yet.
The team looks a little spend and it maybe a side eeffect of pushing them too hard in fitness. It might be time for the Strength and conditioning team to easy up a little.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score

Most games where we were expected to get flogged, we ended up losing by 6 or so + holding the line in defence. Every pre and post match commentary praised the dogs character in this regard.

Under Barret we are expected to be at least performing better, we are doing worse in literally everything. Everything you can think of, we are doing worse.

Seriously, I implore you to highlight 1 point we are doing better on. And recruitment doesnt count because that will evaporate as everyone wakes up to the false rep Barret got while at penriff.
Pay started off with a better squad and if DWZ didn’t come in 2019 and save our asses then you’re dad Pay probably would’ve won the spoon that year. The way I see it is Barrett helped the riff to that gf last year wtf did pay do for us ?

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With immediate effect.

So what you're saying is that they should bring back the "Madness"?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be fair, Pay had to go for someone a lot more professional and experienced ie; Craig Bellamy (whatever it took kinda money) he was out of his depth. But, certainly shouldn’t have been pushed aside for Barrett. Barrett’s record was on par with Pay’s with a far superior roster so his appointment was a real head scratcher from day dot.
Conclusion- we needed to go in a better direction but was unfair Pay was shafted for Barrett.
Pay did his best in difficult circumstances but I think the chasm between him & the team had become too great. They no longer wanted to play for him & it was probably better for his long term health too. I was concerned about the Barrett appointment but the signings he made gave me hope. Unfortunately those hopes have been quickly dashed.

We should have gone for an experienced coach & thrown the kitchen sink at them (as long as it wasn't Des!)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't rate Pay but I totally agree about the board not investing in him. Those germs didn't want to spend a cent on anything other than themselves.
I don’t think it’s so much that, but more they were big on the ‘loyalty’ thing. I reckon they would’ve extended Pay had we had more wins last year. Remember Pay walked when he was told they’d consider other coaches for 2021 (they had little choice). But he wasn’t sacked. Antonelli walked with him. They also stuck by Ayoub when it was clear we weren’t fit enough. It was only when Barrett said he wanted a complete staff turnover that Ayoub, Carden, Georgallis etc were told to pack their bags at the end of season 2020.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Overachieving? How many games did pay win last year? Bunnies game was Steve G
We overachieved in 2019 (should of looked more like 2020 and now 2021, just look at DWZ's form in 2019). 2020 went as expected (we didn't even recruit positively going into the season, physically couldn't tho). 2021 going as expected (barely upgraded our roster).

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
These rule changes have screwed the cellar dweller teams, who for years have relied on basic structure and defence to get them through the season.

Besides Cotric, we dont have a genuine player who has xfactor and can play whats in front of them. Now that Barrett is here, its more blatant than ever that even if Bellamy was here we still would struggle to win a game.

In the modern day game, you need to look up and play whats in front of you. So many times yesterday we had opportunities but the ball died at Elliott or Wadell. We play as if we have 9 players on the field. Thats something coach can't do on field.

We need a fcuking miracle!!
Best post I have read on here for awhile spot on

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Easy with the “spastic” comments deadshit

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
So the lesser of two evils is the answer is it? Barrett may well turn out to be more of a dud than Pay, but can you seriously sit back for a minute and say that Pay would have us competing for a finals spot and then up the level again to get us into the top 4? The answer is FUKK NO he won't.
This is exactly the type of mentality that we have found ourselves in the last 5 or 6 years. A turd with sprinkles on top is still a turd.

We've got no choice but to see how Barrett and the club handle this going forward, so just deal with it.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Barrett gets the spoon that will prove Pay is a better coach. Pay was alright for the first couple of seasons given the circumstances but lets not dress it up, when the 6 again came in we were on the end of some floggings and looked way off the pace.

The 6 again garbage has set us further back when we were already in a tough position.
I am so hoping with all the injuries they realise it is the fault of the 6 again rubbish & scrap it! The players bodies just cannot keep up with the pace of it. It has so fucked the game & corrupted it so much!!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So the lesser of two evils is the answer is it? Barrett may well turn out to be more of a dud than Pay, but can you seriously sit back for a minute and say that Pay would have us competing for a finals spot and then up the level again to get us into the top 4? The answer is FUKK NO he won't.
This is exactly the type of mentality that we have found ourselves in the last 5 or 6 years. A turd with sprinkles on top is still a turd.

We've got no choice but to see how Barrett and the club handle this going forward, so just deal with it.
Until we can move on players and have a coach that can recruit the right talent nothings going to change. Cotric, JAC and Burton are a good start (I would of thrown Flanagan in here before the season started, I think he'll come good, just a work in progress), we need a lot more, and not players like Waddell and Hetherington (I'm close to throwing Allan in here too). Barrett will get at least until the end of next year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I never had any hate for Pay. I think he walked into a no win situation .... however when we actually went backwards last year, the writing was in the wall for him. The decision was made. Getting the knives out for our new coach after three games isn’t going to solve anything.

One thing I will say for Barrett is judging from his pressers, he does seem to be able to identify the problems and where things are going wrong.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Until we can move on players and have a coach that can recruit the right talent nothings going to change. Cotric, JAC and Burton are a good start (I would of thrown Flanagan in here before the season started, I think he'll come good, just a work in progress), we need a lot more, and not players like Waddell and Hetherington (I'm close to throwing Allan in here too). Barrett will get at least until the end of next year.
Agreed. I wasn't really excited when we signed him but he has recruited fairly well so you'd think he has some sort of an idea. As I said, he may turn out to be a dud but he deserves a chance to prove himself.