News Brett Dallas faces 25 YEARS jail

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You clearly missed the Super League era. Players were getting paid all sorts of crazy shit.

(Having said that, it's likely to be an exaggeration, or he had a 7 figure contract spread over several sessions, which is how it usually gets reported...)
Only the likes of Brad Fittler, Andrew Johns, Laurie Daley etc were getting those amounts of money not wingers playing for North Sydney ffs!

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only the likes of Brad Fittler, Andrew Johns, Laurie Daley etc were getting those amounts of money not wingers playing for North Sydney ffs!
Heaps of players got paid overs I remember hearing story of warrior reserve grade that look like Richie Blackmore. The super league rep just walk up to signed him and handed him 250k cash cheque sign on bonus.

The rep only realise about after he sign the wrong player and tried to get the cheque back but the player was happy play for super league.

I think Wendell salior went from 22k to a 2 million dollar deal.

Terry Lamb came out of retirement I think the Parramatta team had salary of over 10 million plus all the sign on bonus.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One exception to this was Manly bought Terry Hill (Tezztha) a house in Seaforth on top of his contract. Am sure a few other one off deals like that were in place.

Most of the non-elite players hit the jackpot with the one-off loyalty sign on payments which were funded by Packer and Murdoch.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think what the journalist meant was, a million dollars for his contract period, say 300k per year over 3 years.... that doesn't seem ridiculous.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how messed you end up, stealing is the worst.
Maybe he thought they wouldn't catch him as he is quick.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
I think what the journalist meant was, a million dollars for his contract period, say 300k per year over 3 years.... that doesn't seem ridiculous.
The original headline (per the OP) was 'Million-dollar-a-year footy star'.
Certainly no ambiguity there.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Heaps of players got paid overs I remember hearing story of warrior reserve grade that look like Richie Blackmore. The super league rep just walk up to signed him and handed him 250k cash cheque sign on bonus.

The rep only realise about after he sign the wrong player and tried to get the cheque back but the player was happy play for super league.

I think Wendell salior went from 22k to a 2 million dollar deal.

Terry Lamb came out of retirement I think the Parramatta team had salary of over 10 million plus all the sign on bonus.
Well played Richie well played son! I bet the Super League was sacked after that mishap lol

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad I haven't run into him in Mackay.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought he went completely mad? Wasn't he posting incoherent messages on social media a year back?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep sad indeed however made his own bed...25 years is probably somewhat overstated but could do 5 to 10 if guilty...either way he has fucked his life up stupid fool, say no to drugs EVERYONE.

Used to run around opposition wingers in limited space, he was that quick...
Except cocaine, always say yes to cocaine.