Breakout star of 2024?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What if Skelton becomes the new Okunbor in a good way? Turned into a forward who can tackle.

I remember Ciraldo saying in one of the post game press conferences “he is a project”. Seeing as we have enough backs, my theory is the coaching staff will utilise him as a forward.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Hughes if he can stay injury free will surprise people
Yep hopefully he or KD I think mentioned Patolo one or both of these blokes becoming regulars in the 17(after having had poor runs with Injury)would be very handy.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xerri he will have a chip on his shoulder

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Unpopular opinion but Preston is overrated.
Decent, but no star.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can all agree that Preston was just about the only good thing to come out of 2023. What's everyone's predictions about who (if anyone) will be the breakout star for 2024?
Wilson

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drew Hutchison will look Terry Lamb like...
Not because he is of the same level, but because he will improve the 5/8th role 10 fold

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's go for Ciraldo.
I'm not the chairman of his fan club by any means however I can see what he has implemented over the last 12 months starting to reap the benefits.
Still not top 8, just playing like an actual team and defending a shit tonne better than the tripe we saw this year.
The difference between Ciraldo and the previous few coaches we had like Pay, Barrett etc is I think CC has a higher ceiling because he’s setting out long term standards for the team which will eventually come to fruition, it has to when you persist with it. The other few coaches were just going around in circles and hoping for the best. I really think this.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He may not see firsts till later in the season but I’m going with Oloapu. Kid has all the tools, if he puts in a big pre season then the sky’s the limit.
He has been very much forgotten as the year wrapped up. A solid off season and he could really push for a starting spot next year. I'd prefer him to bide his time until properly ready though. Maybe the end of the year as you suggested.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im on the Xerri hype train. Imagine him and fox side by side. Damn!