News Bought the wrong players’: Embarrassing vision shows Bulldogs ‘cutting corners’

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@wendog33 my biggest issue is, at least to my mind, this board/exec are the least worst we've had, and that's saying something.

Another administration, again?! What could go wrong? We think we're bad now. We'll be dragons/tigers bad if the front office is fractured again or managed like theirs. IMHO anyway

I think it's this; if it's pathways, our expectations for next year should be no higher than this year. You cannot simply convert '20's talent to first grade in 24 months. The problem is measuring Gus and CC on '23,'24 results when their play is for '26, '27. If they're gone we'll never know. Good, bad or indifferent.

In my line of work, it's actually a simple decision tree;

We believe in pathways/Gus/CC and we're prepared to hurt for a while. No more talk or sack this or sack that. It's gonna hurt, hang in there. The years before them are sunk cost, so they don't count against the new administration, whether we like it or not.

Or,

We actually really want immediate results and all the talk is nice to hear, but time for a new administration. Then I would sack the lot, including the exec/board/Gus/CC, because there's no way Gus and CC stay with a new administration that is looking to do the opposite of what they are doing now. You just become the tigers then

I don't mind what they choose, but they can't choose both. Hurt now, win later (if you believe in the "P" word model Gus espouses), or try and get good now because the broncs did it
Some tough choices all round need to be made, one way or another.

It's all pivoting on Gus I feel.

If the Board have faith that he is the best guy to pull us up, then it's gotta be all in.

If the club aren't satisfied with his progress, then he too is on shaky ground.

We need some signing successes bc the Board are vulnerable with our 2 year voting system and fans are fed up so there will be pressure on them. Most members would understand that its not an easy quick fix and give them the benefit of the doubt and better the devil you know than just change for the sake of it and more uncertain future for the club.

A fine balance bc no player will want to sign with us in turmoil and if we are saying its gonna be years and years before we start looking like f/g or winning regularly. They'd be watching our current SOO etc players careers suffering now and wouldn't want to be part of it. I'd say Gus needs to get a wriggle on in good recruitment and find what we need.... to spend the 95% of salary cap he needs to at least if for no other imperative reason.

Keep saying it "rock and hard place" for Bulldogs.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
We bet the fucking farm this year and rolled Snake eyes. Fucking embarrassing.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance we announce 4 forwards or props from England in off season?

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watch this clip to see how a great player competes on every play. Terry Lamb is taken down after passing the ball in his own half. Play proceeds further upfield at break neck speed and a final pass is required from Stevie Mortimer to complete the try. Have a guess who turns up on his shoulder having leapt to his feet and busted a lung to make sure he was there for the try under the posts.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time till you revealed your hand though the indicators been there for a while now.
Just fuck off, your boring us all to death.
There’s a few in here linked to the elections trying to destabilise - that part is really obvious, mix that in with a couple of DT journos on here with a Gould agenda = stupidity

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t believe it, but willing to wait and see.
members I know, say they won’t support anyone who doesn’t guarantee Gus will remain.
but I’ll admit, that’s only about a dozen people.
Well I didn’t believe it when we signed Ciraldo on Bennett money but here we are.

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
Watch this clip to see how a great player competes on every play. Terry Lamb is taken down after passing the ball in his own half. Play proceeds further upfield at break neck speed and a final pass is required from Stevie Mortimer to complete the try. Have a guess who turns up on his shoulder having leapt to his feet and busted a lung to make sure he was there for the try under the posts.

Ahh those were days. I really miss that era.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Look I like the retro too. I wish those days were still around hence my NSW cup thread that got deleted earlier.
But let’s just be real.
Tunks, looking deadset 41 yrs old, got a slow pass and he got tackled and took an unacceptable amount of time to get up. Then they passed without spinning the ball. Bad defence
Obrien (RIP) did well. Good play from there.
But that’s not nrl standard is what I mean

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Might be time to get outta ur house Billy cos enough numbers have already been rallied to topple the current mob if the election was next week
Are the new members Lebanese? All I want to know

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it's only 4 players as the club is "reported" to have confirmed to Read judging by kicks, tackles, body language, effort...one surely has to be Burton?...or is he fed up as well with the players CC is apparently pissed off with?

We'll find out soon if this report is true and they have been surveyed by Gus/CC and given the option of leaving.
It would be a huge 180 from Burton. He was one of the blokes who was vocally and publicly excited about Ciraldope's signing , having worked with him at Penrith. I wouldn't jump to consclusions about who it is. Most of the team looks down on confidence and energy at the moment.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
end of the day it’s clear to me what’s going on.
CC has come in with all these expectations of excellence but has failed to motivate, inspire or get the squad on board.
We have the squad. We got sicc players. There is no excuse. We can blame players for not training hard, sure, but if it is true they must have some legit grievance. They aren’t kids. They have all played in systems. 27 of them are not juniors.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the suggestion 8 want out - if it includes tpj, pele, brown - already gone/ going - rfm, sutton, topine - seem to hav disappeared - only two more to work out

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
end of the day it’s clear to me what’s going on.
CC has come in with all these expectations of excellence but has failed to motivate, inspire or get the squad on board.
We have the squad. We got sicc players. There is no excuse. We can blame players for not training hard, sure, but if it is true they must have some legit grievance. They aren’t kids. They have all played in systems. 27 of them are not juniors.
Does your boss get sacked for you doing a shit job (thats if you have a job). If they have been shown you how to do the job and you turn up and get paid in full but you want to be praised every morning and needed your ego stroked(maybe not you because your stroke yourself) for motivation to do your job. Do you think your boss needs to be sacked or sack your weak ass for taking the piss because you have a contract and know you get paid either way.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are doing just that.
TPJ and Flanagan are the last of the disastrous Barrett recruits after shedding Allan, Dufty etc. Not having to pay TPJ for next year is a coup. Averillo is going because we wouldn’t enter a bidding war. Next year we’ll have a mountain of cash, the issue will be lack of availability but I’m sure we will see more arrivals - they obviously aren’t shedding those they can’t replace.
Finally the CLOWNS are showing their true colours...
I refrain from naming them, they don't care about the club it's all about self interests and are nothing but power hungry mob supported by News Ltd !!!
You are correct DinkumDog, Gould Khoury and Co are doing the best possible job !!!
To all the rats who pretend to love the club, at least try and have some dignity !!!

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost as embarrassing as when Braith said condescendingly, “I already said that Buzz.”

They expected Burton to chase, after he kicked and the defender cuddled him? Spose he could have shrugged him off but the other players to the right are more to blame. They had nothing but motivation stopping them from chasing through.