Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree....his defence at times was paper thin which put us under pressure time and time again

Being a co captain I would have liked to see a bit more desperation and commitment in defence

RFM as well never showed the effort or commitment of a leader

Reed Mahoney on the other hand, you couldn't question his effort or commitment to the point where he was trying too hard on some occasions
Mahoney defence was atrocious

He’s not an 80 min player

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports:

BULLDOGS

Bold prediction
: Drew Hutchison to play No.7

Analysis: The Bulldogs have Toby Sexton as their incumbent halfback after he joined the club late last year, but he is still yet to cement himself as an NRL halfback after 24 games for the Titans and just seven for his new team. The Bulldogs even tried Matt Burton at halfback last year, but he is clearly a running five-eighth or a centre. The Bulldogs have bought a plethora of utilities in Drew Hutchison, Jaeman Salmon, Kurt Mann and Connor Tracey, but fitting them all in the team will be no easy feat. Of the recruits, Hutchison has the most experience in the halves after 75 NRL games for the Dragons and Roosters and he also comes form a winning club, so he knows what it takes to produce results on the field. A combination of two big bodies in Burton and Hutchison in the halves could also help fix the Bulldogs’ biggest problem, which is their defence on the edges.
Makes sense but I would like to give Sexton a chance with the new team as I think he's a bit more creative once he gets some confidence. But its good to have a solid no.7 in Hutchinson to call on and he will make a big difference as well. Probably better at leading the team around.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree....his defence at times was paper thin which put us under pressure time and time again

Being a co captain I would have liked to see a bit more desperation and commitment in defence

RFM as well never showed the effort or commitment of a leader

Reed Mahoney on the other hand, you couldn't question his effort or commitment to the point where he was trying too hard on some occasions
Lachlan Lewis defended better than Burton.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hutcho has had a long time to make a name for himself as a 6 or 7 and has not done so. Sextin has had less time and not made a name for himself. Neither of the two look like doing so, I would continue with Sexton for now and look elsewhere openly as well as focus heavily on the development of O'Niell and Rajab with fingers crossed for 25 or 26. Its a ling road.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think I'm getting too old or something?

Foreplay is just so weird these days, seeing you young-uns constantly cock teasing each other.

I say forget the teasing, just get in there and fuck each other.
I did suggest Alan Jones for you last night if you're getting old :tonguewink:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You made my morning, I haven't stopped laughing since I read this.
That wasn't meant to be a joke.

I know it can be difficult for two grown men to realise their honest feeling, let alone be open with their attraction towards each other.

I just want to help them ... fuck.

@EXORCIST I think it's time to pull the limo out again but forget the girls ...

These two just need some tinted windows, a couple of tubs of vaso and a bucket.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Go away. I'll say somethign that offends you soon and I don't feel like getting banned, so leave me alone if you don't mind ...
But you went on your long rave about me yestie and now I have to leave you alone?

Lets mutually agree to leave each other alone :grinning: i certainly don't mind. Stop holding a grudge about you being reply banned from the Man U thread. I didn't Report you on that.

Happy to Ignore you if it's mutual.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But you went on your long rave about me yestie and now I have to leave you alone?

Lets mutually agree to leave each other alone :grinning: i certainly don't mind. Stop holding a grudge about you being reply banned from the Man U thread. I didn't Report you on that.

Happy to Ignore you if it's mutual.
Why do you bother when u is offended by everything wendog
You block half the forum and now trying to crack deals to avoid each other
You are better off doing something that doesn’t offend you so much like bananas in pyjamas

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Sexton will get 1st shot at the no 7, but if he is not killing it come round 1 (in training and trials) I think he NRL career is over.
Sexton deserves first crack at 1/2 after a promising first year. If he is found wanting, I think Taaffe is the logical replacement.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sexton deserves first crack at 1/2 after a promising first year. If he is found wanting, I think Taaffe is the logical replacement.
Sexton is a very good player deserves to be halfback and I hope Gould picks him there for the whole season

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sexton is a very good player deserves to be halfback and I hope Gould picks him there for the whole season
So now you’re saying Gould picks the team and Ciraldo has no say? Nice trolling Polly…

We agree on one thing though - that Sexton is more a 7 than Flanagan ever was - which is why we turn over players that aren’t cutting it - which runs against your stated preference of retention. So one which is it? :-).

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
censur his name plZ
Sorry @Nasheed will do so moving forward. I rate him as a halfback. It's a shame they're shopping around for other options and not fully backing him. They even have a road named after them just outside the Gold Coast. S'ton Hill Drive. It's part of the old highway.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Sexton can prove himself to our answer at 7 .. we havent had a complete firing spine for way too long
Sadly I wouldn't hold my breath on either Sexton or Hutchison, but hopefully one of them can be serviceable until one of the juniors kicks on, in saying that if O'neill's form can continue from this year it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a start in first grade over Sex and Hutch at some stage.