Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports:

BULLDOGS

Bold prediction
: Drew Hutchison to play No.7

Analysis: The Bulldogs have Toby Sexton as their incumbent halfback after he joined the club late last year, but he is still yet to cement himself as an NRL halfback after 24 games for the Titans and just seven for his new team. The Bulldogs even tried Matt Burton at halfback last year, but he is clearly a running five-eighth or a centre. The Bulldogs have bought a plethora of utilities in Drew Hutchison, Jaeman Salmon, Kurt Mann and Connor Tracey, but fitting them all in the team will be no easy feat. Of the recruits, Hutchison has the most experience in the halves after 75 NRL games for the Dragons and Roosters and he also comes form a winning club, so he knows what it takes to produce results on the field. A combination of two big bodies in Burton and Hutchison in the halves could also help fix the Bulldogs’ biggest problem, which is their defence on the edges.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchison has been on the scene best part of a decade for a total of 75 nrl games. How many of those at halfback u ask? 6!!

He is not the answer at halfback. I hope and pray that we are not thinking he is

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
"Burton and Hutchison in the halves could also help fix the Bulldogs’ biggest problem, which is their defence on the edges"

WTF

Always a Bulldog
Big bodies won't fix shit when the whole defensive line doesn't cover from the inside your bigger bodies are just targets for opposition with footwork and speed

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
@CQDog @Bulldogs09
Thoughts gents? You fellas are the experts here. I much rather read your dribble than anything from Fox Sports
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] awww princess is hurt she’s exposed now and getting called out by multiple people [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports:

BULLDOGS

Bold prediction
: Drew Hutchison to play No.7

Analysis: The Bulldogs have Toby Sexton as their incumbent halfback after he joined the club late last year, but he is still yet to cement himself as an NRL halfback after 24 games for the Titans and just seven for his new team. The Bulldogs even tried Matt Burton at halfback last year, but he is clearly a running five-eighth or a centre. The Bulldogs have bought a plethora of utilities in Drew Hutchison, Jaeman Salmon, Kurt Mann and Connor Tracey, but fitting them all in the team will be no easy feat. Of the recruits, Hutchison has the most experience in the halves after 75 NRL games for the Dragons and Roosters and he also comes form a winning club, so he knows what it takes to produce results on the field. A combination of two big bodies in Burton and Hutchison in the halves could also help fix the Bulldogs’ biggest problem, which is their defence on the edges.
Hutchison did get a little help with players around him being superstars and falling way above the cap collectively from a market value perspective - be interesting to see how he goes with no middles at his disposal trying to create on the back foot - whoever is in there, we’ve just got to back them to do a job.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if Hutchison beats out Sexton for the 7, both options are just temporary solutions anyway.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hutchison would be my 7 but I think Ciraldo will go with Sexton to start the season.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchison has been on the scene best part of a decade for a total of 75 nrl games. How many of those at halfback u ask? 6!!

He is not the answer at halfback. I hope and pray that we are not thinking he is
@04 Dreaming I rate Toby Sexton. Good halfback. Not getting a go at Titans a reflection on what a bad coach Holbrook is and nothing to do with Toby. They win a lot of games if he was the halfback instead of Boyd.