Board needs to go

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The old board still fucking us
And people still want to defend dib and co... It's laughable tbh.. the current board is doing a terrible job , but Dib and co sent the plane in a downward spiral , this board has done nothing to stabilize the plane and bring it's nose up..

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy to say when you have Politis.
Yeah you're right, but there was a time when our board was a complete cluster fark. But no one, and I mean no one, will step up to be your saviour if you don't have a united board to support them. Without that you're destined to repeat this scenario again and again.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The board have played their get out of jail free card in sacking Pay it will relieve the pressure for a while but the pressure will be back ten fold if the hire the wrong coach and its a disaster.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The board have played their get out of jail free card in sacking Pay it will relieve the pressure for a while but the pressure will be back ten fold if the hire the wrong coach and its a disaster.
they need some signings and to have the team pushing for a top8 spot over the next two seasons while the kids are getting exposure. It’s not impossible even with a bad hire.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will change my profile pick to the egg face that Natboy uses or similar if they actually hire a decent or big name coach (Bellamy, Bennett, Wane, Griffin, Jones etc) but I fear that Chris and Lynne are yet to leave us with their best and parting present like the wally that Gould is waffling about..

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
I find it pathetic that they couldn’t come to the decision to sack Pay.

Rather, they decided to ask around about the 2021 coaching role while Pay and everyone else speculated about his future. Doesn’t get much more unprofessional than that.

So far, the board have:

- Failed to sign a major sponsor

- Failed to make any major signings for 2021, besides Luke Thompson

- Led the club to a probable wooden spoon

- Extended Pay’s contract for a year

- Constantly made excuses for the lack of success, asking supporters to be patient for another couple of years

The fact Pay had to quit and wasn’t sacked sealed the deal that this board is incompetent. He tried his hardest, but unfortunately wasn’t head coach material. I feel sorry for him for being stuffed around by this board.

At least Ray Dib was able to bring some value to the club.
- Failed to sign a major sponsor Had one until Port Macquarie

- Failed to make any major signings for 2021, besides Luke Thompson No Money. Lets see what happens next season.

- Led the club to a probable wooden spoon Yes. It is good to win something.

- Extended Pay’s contract for a year Good decision. What did you want, a five year contract? He did win 7 from the last 10 last year and nearly made the eight last season so I think he was entitled to another season and I'm sure the club have bigger plans for 2021. If he wasn't signed I'm sure the club would have been sprayed by the media for being "disloyal" or Pay being "hard done by" and the dribble about the club culture as "toxic".

- Constantly made excuses for the lack of success, asking supporters to be patient for another couple of years Who? The club? I haven't heard squat from them and that's the way I like it. Why do they need to come out and defend there decisions to the media. They are wasting there time talking to clowns like Weidler and the telecrap journos. They write fiction to sell papers. They are the cockroaches of the rugby league community.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I will change my profile pick to the egg face that Natboy uses or similar if they actually hire a decent or big name coach (Bellamy, Bennett, Wane, Griffin, Jones etc) but I fear that Chris and Lynne are yet to leave us with their best and parting present like the wally that Gould is waffling about..
Fair enough if you don't want Barrett but Skeletor? Look at the horrible job he's doing at Souths!

They have enough talent to be a top four side and they're struggling to make the 8. He's been an ordinary coach for ten plus years now. Plus look at the trail of destruction he leaves behind him each time.

Bellamy is a pipe dream while Eddie Jones is a dubious option at best despite his Rugby achievements.

I agree that Griffin and Wane are the two most qualified of the tangible options and I'd be happy with either of them.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough if you don't want Barrett but Skeletor? Look at the horrible job he's doing at Souths!

They have enough talent to be a top four side and they're struggling to make the 8. He's been an ordinary coach for ten plus years now. Plus look at the trail of destruction he leaves behind him each time.

Bellamy is a pipe dream while Eddie Jones is a dubious option at best despite his Rugby achievements.

I agree that Griffin and Wane are the two most qualified of the tangible options and I'd be happy with either of them.
I would only go with Bennett if it was for his cred and it was with Mick Ennis as Assistant

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would only go with Bennett if it was for his cred and it was with Mick Ennis as Assistant
I don't think it would be worth it. He's old as fuck, he only cares about himself and after so long with Des, I don't want to go back to a grumpy angry fuck that the media hates.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board need to make a very big announcement very soon if they want to keep the members happy for both the sake of the club and their own positions at the next AGM.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If this isn't the first time you guys have had warring factions within your board, than the process by which your board is structured needs revising so that it doesn't keep happening. Or you'll be back here in a couple of years going through the same thing.
A successful club doesnt have this level of disruption and politics.

Start winning then agitators will not get any traction.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They've all done a horrible job to create this mess but the most likely scenario is that they see out their full term.

Now that Pay is gone, if they sign a decent coach and then we can recruit well for next year then a lot of people's fears will be eased for now. Hopefully they can secure a sponsor once the ball is rolling on signings..

It's wishful thinking I know but calling an EGM now and risking further turmoil and in fighting within the club will only add fuel to the fire.

All we can do is ride it out and hope that they start making better decisions because if they don't it will take another three years to clean up their mess.
Can't see how they'll get a major sponsor during a global pandemic if they couldn't get one before

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't see how they'll get a major sponsor during a global pandemic if they couldn't get one before
For sure. But eventually they will. Hopefully after a coach is appointed, some promising signings follow and the noise surrounding the club and media beat ups will die down.

Again, I don't have faith the above will happen with the way the Andersons and Hill have run the club to this point but I'm trying to stay positive now that Pay is gone. We'll see what happens.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can think of only one reason to keep the current board, for the time being. Stability. Board instability was one of the reasons we couldn't get anyone better than Pay 2.5 years ago. Board instability isn't going to help right now either.

But, if they don't show something between now and the next election, including getting rid of the factionalism (or at least the ability for factionalism to cause so much strife), than we better hope a decent rival ticket turns up by then.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Not venting at you as you are making a valid point.
IMO there's a lot of sensible people who have shown patience.
The reset button was pressed in 2018. Most bought into the idea that all will start to improve progressively and by 2021 we'll be actively in the market with a marquee signing or two. I know we bought Thomson but one would think we're lacking in more key areas almost offsetting my excitement in him to make a difference in our current situation.
And recently we where told we have to accept another reset and we'll be good by 2025. The ops pretty much sums up where we're at.
Overall the patience threshold for most of us is likely at breach level.
Fair point and I personally think that changes need to be made at the Board level as a start, but it is going to be hard to attract top end players to the club until such time as it sorts out it's own internal politics. Already there is not a great deal of talen (good talent) off contract for 2021 without having to pay overs..........we need a good stabilising coach who can manage players/handle the Board & then attract new talent.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what accomplishments Lynn & her "A" team are going to run up the flag when elections come around because I cant think of any.