Opinion Blake Taffee

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he played well today but i still have huge concerns of him under the high ball, hes managed to drop one every week so far, thinking of him competing vs Mitchell for a high one next week makes me feel nervous. For me, id be bringing Fox in, Tracey to fullback, he on the other hand looked real solid under the high ball and returned it well. As i said Taafe was good today and im so happy with the win, i just worry about these errors vs better sides, we still arent a side that can just cough up easy ball.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The confidence between Taafe and Tracey is night and day. Tracey's really surprised me with how quickly he's just gotten on with it - he packs a punch for a little guy.

I'm sad to say it, but Taafe is our massive weak spot at the moment and teams will keep targeting him.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he was the bottom 3 worst player on the field. Matthew G im sorry bro you are backing Burton and Taafe in, you have to be a troll

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he played well today but i still have huge concerns of him under the high ball, hes managed to drop one every week so far, thinking of him competing vs Mitchell for a high one next week makes me feel nervous. For me, id be bringing Fox in, Tracey to fullback, he on the other hand looked real solid under the high ball and returned it well. As i said Taafe was good today and im so happy with the win, i just worry about these errors vs better sides, we still arent a side that can just cough up easy ball.
Agree with everything in this post. Played ok, yet too much of a liability to have as our fullback. Especially when we good options to cover position.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Scored and assisted like, im literally saying he should replaced by tracey, thought you d been quiet today, dont shut up when we lose
50 posts today champion, 40 positive :grinning: you back the duds in purpose. Obvious troll from the positive crew

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
50 posts today champion, 40 positive :grinning: you back the duds in purpose. Obvious troll from the positive crew
Back the duds? yeah, backing taafe by saying he should be replaced hahahahah, genius champ

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been saying it since Tracey was signed. He is the best fullback we have at the club…… Better yardage. More speed. More dangerous coming through the middle. Classier player. Taaffe won’t catch a contested kick. He just can’t do it.

I also said if gus and Ciro want him in the 13 then he takes a half spot. I’d personally give him some time in reserve grade to find his mojo and get some rhythm. Shame Tracey came injured because I’m sure he’d have the 1 with a full preseason with the boys. Even when the ball when to him. The way he returned it and engaged the line. Very fullback like.

One thing that is for sure. He doesn’t miss out when Foxx returns.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm OK with Taaffe. He has improved, and is safe enough under the ball. Even star fullbacks sometimes drop the ball under pressure.

My biggest concern is that he is light. He has the speed we want in a fullback, but he has no size or weight to break a tackle or push players back when he runs into them.

While I like Taaffe, I think that Xerri or Crichton would have more impact.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know CC hasn't exactly set the world on fire with his selection choices since coming across to us but I actually wouldn't be surprised if Taaf get dropped once Fox is back. Tracey wasn't available until round two when Fox was out injured. Fingers crossed for Tracey to fullback with Fox in his usual left wing position.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s a glaring weakness. He got so thoroughly out leapt by Brimson who is actually shorter than him. He is more likely, statistically, to drop a bomb than catch one. When he is finally replaced you will see us reach another level

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know CC hasn't exactly set the world on fire with his selection choices since coming across to us but I actually wouldn't be surprised if Taaf get dropped once Fox is back. Tracey wasn't available until round two when Fox was out injured. Fingers crossed for Tracey to fullback with Fox in his usual left wing position.
I agree with all this. If Xerri keeps improving/getting back to pre ban levels I would also have him in with Kiraz taking over from Wilson. Kiraz has been pretty good in centre & Wilson ok as well. Wilson just suffers from a smaller frame. If/when Fox is back we can’t afford both wingers to be so small when returning kicks.
On the topic of Xerri, anyone seen him play since the season commenced? How is he going?

DogSince67

40 years a Dog!
Reaction score
Taafe is a lot like Perham.
I would be happy for Tracey as fullback but what are the thoughts of the Fox having a go?
Anyone will be just keeping the spot warm for Papalii.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree with all this. If Xerri keeps improving/getting back to pre ban levels I would also have him in with Kiraz taking over from Wilson. Kiraz has been pretty good in centre & Wilson ok as well. Wilson just suffers from a smaller frame. If/when Fox is back we can’t afford both wingers to be so small when returning kicks.
On the topic of Xerri, anyone seen him play since the season commenced? How is he going?
Not setting the world on fire. Looks like he can't get himself into the game but has had poor ball getting jammed running out of space on that side. Hasn't taken the bull by the horns so very hard to drop any firstgrader for him as yet. Needs more time in Cup to find his rhythm. Will get there: just not yet.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
In the second half the titans played a few of our players into form. Taaffe wasn’t one of them. Taaffe tries hard but we need a fullback who doesn’t drop the ball and can break the line.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Latrell will absolutely terrorise taafe next week. Ciro won’t drop him unfortunately
He'll be trying lol and could have his yearly brilliant game.