News Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
925k is just a number in your head bro. The more you say it don’t make it real. I would rather have Critta driving some standards around the place than not have him. Quality player, quality leader and no off field shit to worry about
Same things people said about Burton and Mahoney....who both play key positions.

There's no way on earth Crichton is making the grade as a fullback, and even at centre, he will regress badly at Belmore.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Same things people said about Burton and Mahoney....who both play key positions.

There's no way on earth Crichton is making the grade as a fullback, and even at centre, he will regress badly at Belmore.
It's a pity you seem like you'll be hoping that happens. In fact, you give the impression you'll be wishing for it in order to tell people you told us so.

Personally, I hope you're wrong. However, there are two things that are very evident about this kid;

1. He is a winner.
2. He seems to get better when the chips are down - he was the best player for NSW in a dreadful series and, outside of Cleary, he was the standout for the Panthers when they were down by 16 in the grand final.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Billy slater just said he thinks Critta is the best centre in the game at moment.

I believe Marley thought, he knows his shit. Bad move by the dogs bringing him in and letting go of Avo

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we just merge with Panthers, that will fix everything.
Steal Wests, leave Balmain for NSW Cup, take Parra, with Penrith and become Westen Sydney Bulldogs.
NRlol should be happy getting rid of several Sydney teams and might even force Cronulla, St Merge, Souths, Easts and Manly to do the same for an East Sydney Shitcunts side.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's a pity you seem like you'll be hoping that happens. In fact, you give the impression you'll be wishing for it in order to tell people you told us so.

Personally, I hope you're wrong. However, there are two things that are very evident about this kid;

1. He is a winner.
2. He seems to get better when the chips are down - he was the best player for NSW in a dreadful series and, outside of Cleary, he was the standout for the Panthers when they were down by 16 in the grand final.
You reckon he could have turned it around without a gun half and forwards? He’s a gun, but he’s a centre and centres don’t win matches alone. He shouldn’t be a priority signing for a club like us.

Honestly, if I thought the club were making good decisions, I’d say so. I’d rather us be winners than say I told you so.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You reckon he could have turned it around without a gun half and forwards? He’s a gun, but he’s a centre and centres don’t win matches alone. He shouldn’t be a priority signing for a club like us.

Honestly, if I thought the club were making good decisions, I’d say so. I’d rather us be winners than say I told you so.
No one said anything about him turning it around but he definitely made a difference.

I strongly doubt you're last sentence from what I have seen but let's see how that plays out. I'm sure we're both looking forward to better times.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No one said anything about him turning it around but he definitely made a difference.

I strongly doubt you're last sentence from what I have seen but let's see how that plays out. I'm sure we're both looking forward to better times.
That’s just the point, centres can be very damaging when the team is firing on all cylinders, but they aren’t gonna do much at all in a side that is lacking punch up front and struggling for direction in the halves.

You can doubt my words if you like. Your prerogative. But I actually used to be one of our more optimistic fans when I was a believer in what the club was doing.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s just the point, centres can be very damaging when the team is firing on all cylinders, but they aren’t gonna do much at all in a side that is lacking punch up front and struggling for direction in the halves.

You can doubt my words if you like. Your prerogative. But I actually used to be one of our more optimistic fans when I was a believer in what the club was doing.
I doubt your words because of what you've posted recently ... after all, you did state that you hope that St. George beats us by 30 next year to prove your point about Flanagan. Whichever way you spin it, you may have been one of the most optimistic in the past but now you're full of negativity.

As for Crichton, it's not his centre play that inspires those around him, it's his effort play. Everyone will wax lyrical about his two deft in goal
kicks and his great try that most other centres don't score at the end of the game but at 8 - 24 he pounces on a lose ball in his own 20m with the Broncos looking likely to score and scoops the pass to Leota to go surging upfield. He misses the ball and the Broncos likely win the game but he turns it into a 30m gain. You know your rugby league so you are definitely aware that this represents a whole lot more than 'not much at all'.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still will need our spine & pack to fire for these outside backs to do their thing..

Over to u Sedtin & Co..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I doubt your words because of what you've posted recently ... after all, you did state that you hope that St. George beats us by 30 next year to prove your point about Flanagan. Whichever way you spin it, you may have been one of the most optimistic in the past but now you're full of negativity.

As for Crichton, it's not his centre play that inspires those around him, it's his effort play. Everyone will wax lyrical about his two deft in goal
kicks and his great try that most other centres don't score at the end of the game but at 8 - 24 he pounces on a lose ball in his own 20m with the Broncos looking likely to score and scoops the pass to Leota to go surging upfield. He misses the ball and the Broncos likely win the game but he turns it into a 30m gain. You know your rugby league so you are definitely aware that this represents a whole lot more than 'not much at all'.
No, I didn’t say I hope they beat us to prove my point, at all. I just said they will beat us and I’ll look forward to laughing at all the people death-riding Flano when it happens. Realistically, what is heating the dragons gonna do for us? No way we are going to be contenders.may as well just hope we keep losing so we can start again and hopefully do it right this time.

I’m not full of negativity. I’m just of the opinion that Ciraldope is only going to drag us deeper into the dirt and short term pain may lead to long term gain if it leads to us sacking him and signing a real coach like Billy Slater. I always thought signing a second Penrith assistant for five years was the height of insanity.

Most of the panthers squad produce effort plays, because they are a tightly knit unit and a well drilled side who love playing for each other. It’s why you see prop forwards backing up breaks from halfbacks to finish tries. It will take a lot of mental strength to produce those effort plays in a bumbling team like ours. If Crichton can do it, more power to him. Even if he does, he isn’t going to be the difference between us sucking of being competitive. My personal opinion is that he will regress. We’ve seen it with numerous highly touted signings in the past.

I don’t know why you guys get so cut up by facts. We leaked 32 points per game this year and that is beyond pathetic. It’s not that unreasonable to think the coach sucks.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who said Crichton is going to be fullback anyway?
Taffe is a fullback did they buy him to play centre?
That’s why he signed, not only for money but wants to play fullback. Bulldogs agreed

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No, I didn’t say I hope they beat us to prove my point, at all. I just said they will beat us and I’ll look forward to laughing at all the people death-riding Flano when it happens. Realistically, what is heating the dragons gonna do for us? No way we are going to be contenders.may as well just hope we keep losing so we can start again and hopefully do it right this time.

I’m not full of negativity. I’m just of the opinion that Ciraldope is only going to drag us deeper into the dirt and short term pain may lead to long term gain if it leads to us sacking him and signing a real coach like Billy Slater. I always thought signing a second Penrith assistant for five years was the height of insanity.

Most of the panthers squad produce effort plays, because they are a tightly knit unit and a well drilled side who love playing for each other. It’s why you see prop forwards backing up breaks from halfbacks to finish tries. It will take a lot of mental strength to produce those effort plays in a bumbling team like ours. If Crichton can do it, more power to him. Even if he does, he isn’t going to be the difference between us sucking of being competitive. My personal opinion is that he will regress. We’ve seen it with numerous highly touted signings in the past.

I don’t know why you guys get so cut up by facts. We leaked 32 points per game this year and that is beyond pathetic. It’s not that unreasonable to think the coach sucks.
So, you look forward to laughing at people when your team loses by 30 points and that has nothing to do with proving your point? And, you want people to be realistic when you can't be honest with yourself.

So, signing up players who come from that environment isn't an improvement? I agree with you, Penrith have got that in spades and the talk of their players being arrogant is well off the mark. You don't achieve what they have without a sense of humility, without working hard for each other but also demanding more from each other when they don't aim up. Perhaps, bringing players such as him into the club will have a similar effect? Clearly, it won't happen immediately but it's a step in the right direction, surely?

I don't get cut up by the facts, I think the coach has a lot to prove. Our efforts this year were abysmal, we need to get better. I just don't see how posting the same thing over and over again in The Kennel achieves anything.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So, you look forward to laughing at people when your team loses by 30 points and that has nothing to do with proving your point? And, you want people to be realistic when you can't be honest with yourself.

So, signing up players who come from that environment isn't an improvement? I agree with you, Penrith have got that in spades and the talk of their players being arrogant is well off the mark. You don't achieve what they have without a sense of humility, without working hard for each other but also demanding more from each other when they don't aim up. Perhaps, bringing players such as him into the club will have a similar effect? Clearly, it won't happen immediately but it's a step in the right direction, surely?

I don't get cut up by the facts, I think the coach has a lot to prove. Our efforts this year were abysmal, we need to get better. I just don't see how posting the same thing over and over again in The Kennel achieves anything.
Sure I do. It’s a source of enjoyment while the team is providing me none. And the way TK tends to deathride certain players who are inexperienced and shouldn’t be expected to be leaders yet…, I think people deserve to be reminded when those players do well.

If Crichton can make us improve those standards, I’ll be the first to say I was wrong…. But I just don’t think signing a centre is going to change things. We’ve placed those expectations on other players who have come from winning cultures. And look how it has worked out.

Change has to start with the coach and captain. They are the ones who need to drive standards.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Centre’s don’t win a game alone?
Look at inglise what he achieved at centre,
Fattrell is better at braking games wide open from centre than fullback,
Gaiguy is a monster at centre and has winSOO many times for Queensland.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Centre’s don’t win a game alone?
Look at inglise what he achieved at centre,
Fattrell is better at braking games wide open from centre than fullback,
Gaiguy is a monster at centre and has winSOO many times for Queensland.
*sigh

No, they haven’t.

None of those players have done shit from centre without the help of good forwards and spine players who know what they are doing. Without good forwards and halves, centres are tits on a bull.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
*sigh

No, they haven’t.

None of those players have done shit from centre without the help of good forwards and spine players who know what they are doing. Without good forwards and halves, centres are tits on a bull.
Ok whatever you say.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
who said Crichton is going to be fullback anyway?
Taffe is a fullback did they buy him to play centre?
Yea Taaffe is a Fb and should get first shot, Critta last night did amazing, he can play wing or centre for us an do as much damage as he has been for the panthers. He is very suited to that position out on the left.