News Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No point playing Crichton out of position, let him play his natural position at centre and not only make that side of the field defensively better but let him build a good combination with Kiraz/Wilson/Skelton who ever the wingers going to be for years to come.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bradyk is that you?!? Lol
We have both have our own opinions and Taafe is my choice!
He literally never said your opinion was wrong lmao he just didn’t agree with it and backed it up with his and he let you have yours calmly LOL

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No point playing Crichton out of position, let him play his natural position at centre and not only make that side of the field defensively better but let him build a good combination with Kiraz/Wilson/Skelton who ever the wingers going to be for years to come.
FINALLY SOMEONE THAT MAKES SENSE..PUT BURTON NEXT TO HIM TOO...

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever way they go with this. It needs to be started day one of preseason. The fitness training required for fullback and centre are totally different.

Crichton is the one of the best centres in the game. Both sides of the ball.

I would have him locked in at right centre.

With his size and speed I would consider Xerri as another option at Fullback. The only reason I wouldn’t go with Taaffe is I would like him to spend the off-season training as a half. Whether that sees him as 6, 7 or 14 I don’t know. But give him some build up in the halves over the off-season and he isn’t just thrown in there.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We know that Critta is one of the best centres in the game, if he works out FB this will make a huge difference to our team. Not sure why people don’t think it is worth at least trying Critta there first. Critta is a determined **** and will invest everything into making the transition a success. Worst case scenario, it doesn’t work and we have a fkn awesome centre

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We know that Critta is one of the best centres in the game, if he works out FB this will make a huge difference to our team. Not sure why people don’t think it is worth at least trying Critta there first. Critta is a determined **** and will invest everything into making the transition a success. Worst case scenario, it doesn’t work and we have a fkn awesome centre
Is he opposite Staggs today? I reckon Critta will give him a bath

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And much better.
Hutchison has both a running game and a half deceptive pass. He can also tackle.

Burton better pull his finger out coz I find a spot for him in the team right now....
He really shits me cause he is so talented and big but I never see him looking urgent or have mongrel, he is honestly better as a centre, I’d rather someone tough there like taffe and Hutchinson, or burton at 13 . Even Critta at 6.. who knows tbh but hope it’s not a year of tweaking

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He really shits me cause he is so talented and big but I never see him looking urgent or have mongrel, he is honestly better as a centre, I’d rather someone tough there like taffe and Hutchinson, or burton at 13 . Even Critta at 6.. who knows tbh but hope it’s not a year of tweaking
It’s a strange one.

He strikes me as the kid who was always the super naturally talented one. Always the best player that just cruised along without ever having to work on his game.

Now he is playing at the top level. It’s the guys that we’re putting in the extras in juniors. Not necessarily the most naturally talented ones, that are the successful ones. They have the desire and passion. They have the mental game.

I think Burto doesn’t understand or know how to do that. I think he is a player that has just turned up and everything worked. His will to do the 1% is invisible. Burton has the talent. But I think he needs to go within himself, to see if he has the desire to use his talent to its fullest. I think some sports psychologist could greatly improve his game.

That being said he should do a couple of seasons at centre. With the odd cameo at 6. I think he could be a very good 6. However he needs to find is game first.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A fkn awesome centre…on 925. I want my fkn awesome fullback, prop or half on 925k. Not my centre. Centres just cant impact a game enough

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A fkn awesome centre…on 925. I want my fkn awesome fullback, prop or half on 925k. Not my centre. Centres just cant impact a game enough
925k is just a number in your head bro. The more you say it don’t make it real. I would rather have Critta driving some standards around the place than not have him. Quality player, quality leader and no off field shit to worry about

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just want to see players played to their strengths and positions locked in. Then look to strenghen the weaker positions.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also have a gun FB coming up through the ranks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Scenes when Crichton loses more games in one season with us than he has in his entire NRL career with Panthers. He walked into a successful Panther team and obly knows success, watch what happens when he experiences losing for the first time in his career.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scenes when Crichton loses more games in one season with us than he has in his entire NRL career with Panthers. He walked into a successful Panther team and obly knows success, watch what happens when he experiences losing for the first time in his career.
Handling loss defines a man.
Either it will make him hungrier, or he will wilt under the pressure.