Billy Slater extends contract as QLD coach

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
QLD will probably win again next year with Fittler soon to be announced.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Slater was always gonna stay on as QLD coach

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We need to get Billy out of Queensland and back to clubland. Would be the perfect coach for us.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He outsmarted a simpleton, probably not the best gauge of coaching ability TBH.
Ciraldo's a simpleton, so even if that was all he'd done, he'd still be an upgrade.

There's a lot more to Billy than outsmarting a simpleton, though. You can tell by the way he talks about the game and coaching that he knows what he's doing.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Ciraldo's a simpleton, so even if that was all he'd done, he'd still be an upgrade.

There's a lot more to Billy than outsmarting a simpleton, though. You can tell by the way he talks about the game and coaching that he knows what he's doing.
When you're coaching the elite players in the game. Give him a shithouse NRL squad to whip into shape and then see how he fares.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
When you're coaching the elite players in the game. Give him a shithouse NRL squad to whip into shape and then see how he fares.
Lol, the way he talks about tactics and strategies has nothing to do with the players he is coaching.....he is always making astute observations about club footy, too. Anyone who works closely with him will tell you he'd one of the best up and coming coaches in the game. Come on, fam. Ciraldo is awful.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Lol, the way he talks about tactics and strategies has nothing to do with the players he is coaching.....he is always making astute observations about club footy, too. Anyone who works closely with him will tell you he'd one of the best up and coming coaches in the game. Come on, fam. Ciraldo is awful.
I'm not comparing him to Ciraldo, I'm saying I'd hold judgement on Slater until his resume is a bit more extensive than coaching 9 games or whatever it is.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm not comparing him to Ciraldo, I'm saying I'd hold judgement on Slater until his resume is a bit more extensive than coaching 9 games or whatever it is.
They've all gotta start somewhere. I'd rather someone with fresh ideas than a systems merchant who wants to turn as into a bargain basement version of another team.