Official Billy Johnstone

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good to see another old boy pop in and one as tough as teak at that. A tackling machine. He was the hooker who replaced Doctor George when he retired. I doubt there’s much in this, Billy is in his 60’s now.
Certainly looks as fit as . Looks like he would still train pretty hard. I agree I doubt he would have a major role. Still he is the type of guy you wouldn't mind around a group of aspiring nrl players.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It’s like bringing a coach back from the 90’s and early 2000’s and expecting him to do the same job he did back then. He’s been out of the game for a while now and there’s been so many advances in sports science that I dont see the point in bringing him back. Looking at the players the conditioning and fitness staff have done a good job anyway.
Yeah agree. Plus we'd lose half the team due to it being too hard lol

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a camp for a week long. Every club does it. It’s not about sports science..... it can be about teamwork, building relationships, moulding mindsets etc.
Well said,they certainly bred them tougher in those days,the game today is most certainly faster,but I’m not sure it’s a better product,sports science,was never heard off in the 70s 80s90s,,and it was a great product,now the game is made for tv,fox and to a lesser extent 9 dictate,the way the game is played,sports science has nothing to do with it.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s like bringing a coach back from the 90’s and early 2000’s and expecting him to do the same job he did back then. He’s been out of the game for a while now and there’s been so many advances in sports science that I dont see the point in bringing him back. Looking at the players the conditioning and fitness staff have done a good job anyway.
You get it [emoji1531]

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see another old boy pop in and one as tough as teak at that. A tackling machine. He was the hooker who replaced Doctor George when he retired. I doubt there’s much in this, Billy is in his 60’s now.
I’m not reading too much into this ,might just be a friendly pop in and a few words of advice nothing wrong with that.
He was one of my favourite players back in the day,tough as nails
The guy would never give up and absolutely left nothing in the tank for our great club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m not reading too much into this ,might just be a friendly pop in and a few words of advice nothing wrong with that.
He was one of my favourite players back in the day,tough as nails
The guy would never give up and absolutely left nothing in the tank for our great club.
Hasn't it become so sad...
Even a simple visit is seen so strange !

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Be good if Billy puts the boys through some good old fashioned boxing training. Always hard work and very rewarding.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
you look at Billy compared to Hetherington, gee it just highlights the size of these boys these days. Every generation is getting bigger, i have 13 year olds from last year that were 6 foot plus and many over a 100kilos. Scary to think in years to come.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look at the riff site and content there on a small camp. And boxing was part of it. With wrestle. Content is great.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Great to see his face around Belmore again, the man is a Bulldogs icon and absolute champion of a bloke! Johnstone and Folkes when in charge ran the joint with an iron fist and led by example, not like clubs and their staff these days. The Dogs have been missing that extra hard edge since those two men departed our walls!