"Big Money" Offer, As Rivals Try To Pinch Roosters Hitman.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not so much contract, more so a favour for him. Them bringing in another front rower who plays max mins in first grade takes away opportunity for him.
Roosters signing Spencer is a bit for an L imo. They've got a stack of good young props that offer far better value but then again it's the Roosters and throwing money around is kind of their thing I guess.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not so much contract, more so a favour for him. Them bringing in another front rower who plays max mins in first grade takes away opportunity for him.
Yeah I definitely agree with lack of minutes potentially being an issue for May moving forward because there is some strong talent there coming through.

What I was saying is I don’t think they are potentially letting May go to sign AFB. They are fairly well positioned for middles.

Malla

Reaction score
Roosters signing Spencer is a bit for an L imo. They've got a stack of good young props that offer far better value but then again it's the Roosters and throwing money around is kind of their thing I guess.
Agreed. Did they sign Leniu first or extend JWH?

Collins
Leniu
JWH
May
(let's assume they sign AFB)

Log jam of forwards.

Anyway, if this means the opportunity to sign May presents itself then I am all for it.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah I definitely agree with lack of minutes potentially being an issue for May moving forward because there is some strong talent there coming through.

What I was saying is I don’t think they are potentially letting May go to sign AFB. They are fairly well positioned for middles.
No I don't think they are letting him go to sign AFB, I think May and his manager are seeking other opportunities where he will play first grade because of the potential of AFB signing.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No I don't think they are letting him go to sign AFB, I think May and his manager are seeking other opportunities where he will play first grade because of the potential of AFB signing.
I agree with that also which works in our favour.

To your original point though I don’t think the roosters are signing AFB. If they do they will probably let Leniu go 1 year in. They have a couple good options coming through for bench spots.

Malla

Reaction score
I agree with that also which works in our favour.

To your original point though I don’t think the roosters are signing AFB. If they do they will probably let Leniu go 1 year in. They have a couple good options coming through for bench spots.
Me either. I think Dragons are going to have a big crack at AFB but it really depends on if they land Deardon. If they do, it’ll go in Gus’ favour but I don’t think Gus will pay big money. If it becomes a bidding war then he will go Dragons or stay at Warriors.
Gus is extremely protective of the jersey flegg group and doing everything in his power to keep them together as they develop into first grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed. Did they sign Leniu first or extend JWH?

Collins
Leniu
JWH
May
(let's assume they sign AFB)

Log jam of forwards.

Anyway, if this means the opportunity to sign May presents itself then I am all for it.
I think Spencer signed first and everyone just assumed JWH was leaving only for him to then sign an extension. They also have Whyte who averaged over 200m a game in reserves for them last season and the Va'a brothers coming through who have massive wraps on them. That's not even touching the amount of backrowers they have.

I'd happily take May too especially if he comes this season but I wouldn't be paying the made up figure a few have thrown around on here of 500k. He wants to stay in Sydney and other than the Dragons I don't think there would be much competition for him that would require us to pay such overs.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was just looking at their forward pack… so for 2024 if JWH and Collins start at front row and Eagan Butcher plays edge the other edge will be Sitilli or Crichton potentially.
So 1 of the last 2 on the bench.
next bench spot potentially a utility like Watson.
Last 2 bench spots will be for
Spencer
Nat Butcher
Terrell May
Wong
Whyte

I mean you can muck around with those combos a bit depending on who you prefer but there is a strong chance May doesn’t even make the 17 for 2024.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Me either. I think Dragons are going to have a big crack at AFB but it really depends on if they land Deardon. If they do, it’ll go in Gus’ favour but I don’t think Gus will pay big money. If it becomes a bidding war then he will go Dragons or stay at Warriors.
Gus is extremely protective of the jersey flegg group and doing everything in his power to keep them together as they develop into first grade.
We are all looking forward to blooding some kids from the academy but as far as middles go we could be a little while away. I think roosters on paper have arguably the best pack in the comp particularly depth wise anyway.

I don’t know how dragons get Deardon. Unless they offer up Ben Hunt. I can totally understand cowboys pushing out JT because they need to prioritise Deardon and have middle cover also.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was just looking at their forward pack… so for 2024 if JWH and Collins start at front row and Eagan Butcher plays edge the other edge will be Sitilli or Crichton potentially.
Spencer
Nat Butcher
Terrell May
Wong
Whyte

I mean you can muck around with those combos a bit depending on who you prefer but there is a strong chance May doesn’t even make the 17 for 2024.
I think he still makes their 17 but Robbo has been iffy with his selections lately so who knows. There's definitely far more minutes in our pack for him than there is at the Roosters, time to use that stupid Panther connection to our benefit lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he still makes their 17 but Robbo has been iffy with his selections lately so who knows. There's definitely far more minutes in our pack for him than there is at the Roosters, time to use that stupid Panther connection to our benefit lol
Yeah he might bro. But you can see there is going to be some good quality first graders that don’t make the 17. They signed Spencer before May hit form.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Spencer
Nat Butcher
Terrell May
Wong
Whyte

Rooster
Tedesco
Tupou
Suaalii
Manu
Young
Keary
Walker
Collins
B. smith
Jwh
N. butcher
Wong
Radley

S. smith
Leniu
May
E. Butcher

That's most likely imo, maybe Watson instead of S. smith now since he's extended

Rooster tried to move Crichton on but given his pay packet maybe he plays over E. Buctcher

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Rooster
Tedesco
Tupou
Suaalii
Manu
Young
Keary
Walker
Collins
B. smith
Jwh
N. butcher
Wong
Radley

S. smith
Leniu
May
E. Butcher

That's most likely imo, maybe Watson instead of S. smith now since he's extended
So Sitili and Crichton in Reggie’s you reckon? And Whyte the beast misses out too? Like I said you can play around with the combos but If it’s not May others of quality miss out on the 17 that’s how stacked they are for depth.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So Sitili and Crichton in Reggie’s you reckon? And Whyte the beast misses out too? Like I said you can play around with the combos but If it’s not May others of quality miss out on the 17 that’s how stacked they are for depth.
May can't miss out after his end of year form. Whyte depth player, nowhere near a beast. Crichton might find a bench spot but not in the expense of May. Their roster is cracked, they should really be finishing 2nd with it.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
May can't miss out after his end of year form. Whyte depth player, nowhere near a beast. Crichton might find a bench spot but not in the expense of May. Their roster is cracked, they should really be finishing 2nd with it.
Yes that was my point they have a stacked forward pack. How much is Crichton’s contract worth? Aren’t you usually of the opinion that if somebody is of a certain contract value they have to play certain number of minutes? What about Sitilli? N Butcher probably middle option with how stacked they are with edges. Whyte has huge potential only 21 he is genuine competition for minutes as is Spencer. May is no Guarantee based on having a strong finish to the year. All that potentially works in our favour. Once again that was the point :sweatsmile:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes that was my point they have a stacked forward pack. How much is Crichton’s contract worth? Aren’t you usually of the opinion that if somebody is of a certain contract value they have to play certain number of minutes? What about Sitilli? N Butcher probably middle option with how stacked they are with edges. Whyte has huge potential only 21 he is genuine competition for minutes as is Spencer. May is no Guarantee based on having a strong finish to the year. All that potentially works in our favour. Once again that was the point :sweatsmile:
It doesn't work in our favour because May almost certainly will be in the 17.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It doesn't work in our favour because May almost certainly will be in the 17.
Lol ok. I think it’s pretty obvious that May is a better chance for minutes in our team then the Roosters but you’re entitled to your opinion.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score