"Big Money" Offer, As Rivals Try To Pinch Roosters Hitman.

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't see it happening but geez he'd be a good get!

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Chooks do get it wrong;

Exhibit A = RTS
Exhibit B = Silva (thank you Chooks for the one and only Rocket)
Exhibit C = Hannant (we should always be grateful that the stupid Chooks cut Ben in 2005 after 8 games)
Exhibit D = SPerrett (another, thank you Chooks)
Exhibit E = Dunn, (thank you Chooks, a vital ingredient for our 1988 Premiership)
Exhibit F = Maloney (handing the Sharks the missing ingredient for their first ever Premiership)
Others = The Sorenson Bros, Faamausili, Takairangi, Tetevano etc etc

Always a Bulldog
Faamausili :D ?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chooks have bought and extended a lot of players, given May would currently be on a relatively small deal it seems more probable he will leave, be a great get and not be over the top money for us.
Would love to have this bloke in the Blue and White …

But we all know the Roosters don’t lose players they want to keep, in fact they keep ‘em all, and then still buy more, and the Nrlol don’t say a word …

They’ll move on Tupou & JWH add some TPA’s, a little nudge nudge wink wink crypto and easily afford to keep him ..
Even with the current talk of them being salary cap cheating *****, Those salary cap cheating ***** will keep him on much less than his market value and will the nrlol even scrutinize it ? . . . Of course they won't

Last edited:

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exhibit A = RTS
Exhibit C = Hannant (we should always be grateful that the stupid Chooks cut Ben in 2005 after 8 games)
Exhibit E = Dunn, (thank you Chooks, a vital ingredient for our 1988 Premiership)
Exhibit F = Maloney (handing the Sharks the missing ingredient for their first ever Premiership)

Always a Bulldog
Going back to 1985 with Paul Dunn. Really drawing a long bow.

Did the Chooks get it wrong with Maloney? They got Keary outstanding in both grand final wins.

More Gus mistakes in the one year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need to sign someone... Raiders just extended Hohepa Puru which makes me sad.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going back to 1985 with Paul Dunn. Really drawing a long bow.

Did the Chooks get it wrong with Maloney? They got Keary outstanding in both grand final wins.

More Gus mistakes in the one year.
INSISTING over and over that Gus has missed out on the likes of Hunt, Tino, Haas and every other off contract player without having a CLUE about how serious his intent was or if terms were ever offered is what i call drawing a long bow.

I have a simple YES or NO question for you Polly.

Are the last three clubs Gus was involved with prior to The Bulldogs in great shape?

Roosters
Panthers
Warriors

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
INSISTING over and over that Gus has missed out on the likes of Hunt, Tino, Haas and every other off contract player without having a CLUE about how serious his intent was or if terms were ever offered is what i call drawing a long bow.

I have a simple YES or NO question for you Polly.

Are the last three clubs Gus was involved with prior to The Bulldogs in great shape?

Roosters
Panthers
Warriors
Stop it with the logic. You’re ruining the clown gang election smear campaign [emoji23]

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really? Is that from gussies history at the chickens? Where did you hear that?
How do you think we managed to keep Alamoti after bursting on the seen 3 years ago ?
This is before Gus's arrival.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I saw BBO at pre-season on the Dogs Instagram the other day.. Geez I wish he would get a fair crack, now he's over his knee injury.. He should be given a "real crack" at the no. 7.. I've always liked and rated him.. he's still young only 21 I think,.. Freeing up SEX-BOMB to maybe play 6.. he also appears much tougher and more compact in his play than SEX-BOMB at 7...
The Dogs should try something completely different for once.. Burto at FB is something which I've mentioned previously and i really believe would work.. big body coming out of trouble, massive boot, can inject himself either side of the ruck instead of doing the same thing over and over again which obviously IS NOT working.
How about this for a backline (pre-season form pending of course):
1. Burton
2. Kiraz/Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Foxx
6. Hutchison/Taafe/SEX-BOMB (form pending)
7. BBO

we of course still have basically no middles but that's no secret..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Worth 600k, will be a top 5 prop within 18 months. His numbers at the end of this season were up there, basically carried the Roosters pack with Collins at the back end of this year.
He is not worth 600k a season & will never be a top 5 prop.

It's much easier being a bench prop & coming onto the field against tiring defenses with a Origin/International prop besides you than having to carry a forward pack.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is not worth 600k a season & will never be a top 5 prop.
will take about that to have a chance in signing him tho, this is same argument for every player, not worth what we have to pay

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Exhibit A = RTS

Always a Bulldog
Faamausili :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I saw BBO at pre-season on the Dogs Instagram the other day.. Geez I wish he would get a fair crack, now he's over his knee injury.. He should be given a "real crack" at the no. 7.. I've always liked and rated him.. he's still young only 21 I think,.. Freeing up SEX-BOMB to maybe play 6.. he also appears much tougher and more compact in his play than SEX-BOMB at 7...
The Dogs should try something completely different for once.. Burto at FB is something which I've mentioned previously and i really believe would work.. big body coming out of trouble, massive boot, can inject himself either side of the ruck instead of doing the same thing over and over again which obviously IS NOT working.
How about this for a backline (pre-season form pending of course):
1. Burton
2. Kiraz/Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Foxx
6. Hutchison/Taafe/SEX-BOMB (form pending)
7. BBO

we of course still have basically no middles but that's no secret..
No.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
will take about that to have a chance in signing him tho, this is same argument for every player, not worth what we have to pay
If we pay players like him 600k a season we'll stay a bottom 8 team. He's worth 400k a season max.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we pay players like him 600k a season we'll stay a bottom 8 team. He's worth 400k a season max.
So we should not sign good players instead?