Ben Barba [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's a rubbish comment what he does off the field is key to everything we have done to get rid of the rot. We are reshaping this great team and the ship can't steer off course ever again.
correct

we want the set up we had during the 80's where we won 4 out of 5 grand finals

not the set up of the majority of this decade which saw 1 grand final appearance with a win

we don't reward players with a 1st grade spot who do dumb **** off the field and don't show the correct attitude to training and games

that's the goosters, not us

bckd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we have found our x factor, 3 cheeky intercept tries. Always read their plays, always in the right place.

He owned in NYC and he owned in NSW Cup, all you Barba doubters suck on that!

17. Barba
Are you kidding me. Did you even watch the game. He was completely invisible in the first half, except for giving away a penalty whilst having a hissy fit over a forward pass call.
Other than his bit of opportunistic intercepts and last try ball stripping, what did he do for the team from a position that is meant to run the team around.
The team did the hard work and he got lucky.
Until he matures a bit, shows a bit of self control, and starts playing for the team he is in rather than himself, i'll continue to be a doubter.
I don't think any Barba doubters will be overly enthused about his performance or would need to suck on anything other than a nice cold beer whilst talking about the potential that young Barba has, but isn't grabbing and running with.
Maybe he should take a leaf out of Daniel Mortimers book, show a little bit of modesty with a lot of self control and realise he is playing a team sport.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's funny with Ben Barba.

You're either tirading for him to make it to first grade, or absolutely against the idea like it's gay marriage or something :o

There's no inbetweens.

habibz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are you kidding me. Did you even watch the game. He was completely invisible in the first half, except for giving away a penalty whilst having a hissy fit over a forward pass call.
Other than his bit of opportunistic intercepts and last try ball stripping, what did he do for the team from a position that is meant to run the team around.
Until he matures a bit, shows a bit of self control, and starts playing for the team he is in rather than himself, i'll continue to be a doubter.
I don't think any Barba doubters will be overly enthused about his performance or would need to suck on anything other than a nice cold beer whilst talking about the potential that young Barba has, but isn't grabbing and running with.
Maybe he should take a leaf out of Daniel Mortimers book, show a little bit of modesty with a lot of self control and realise he is playing a team sport.
DId you watch the game on any type of substance or did you wear beer goggles. Do you understand what a half does? Do you understand they had no 5/8 as pee wee joke was hooked. BArba controlled his team both in attack and defence those tries he scored not one other bulldogs player could do it. Requries reads in defence electrifying pace and awearness. He also mafe the break and gave the last pass to taylor too score. In defence he once made 3 tackles in a row twice one on one and once in a group he was showing his chargers how its done. The result was 32-0 onsidering we had the worst hooker and no 5/8 call Barba Super Babra. Dumb unt

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets end this garbage and see where kevin puts him next year, He will be lucky to be in the 17, and if he is he could well change a game, But for me he will never ever be a 1st choice starter. At least not for the bulldogs.
I will be happy to eat my words

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You dont understand ill give a simple one word response. PARRAMATTA. Even dogs 1995. Bulldogs showed there hands to early in the year like st choke. They played thier GF during the year. All matters how you prepare for the end. Doesnt matter how many you win just need to win enough
we didn't

we were just unlucky

halfback coming back from a month off, a lil bit rusty

dally m prop of the year dislocated shoulder

the best fullback in the nrl not to have played for nsw knocked out in the first minute for an hour of the game

the equal 3rd highest try scorer in our number 5 knocked out for half the game with players dropping onto his head when scoring a try

dally m rookie of the year playing out of position mid game

and i think i read a few reports by reputable people here, buddy gordon who was filling in at centre also copped an arm/shoulder injury during the game

we ran out of troops and parra continued to get lucky with all the 'hope and pass' they were playing

parra have had alot of luck on their side, let's not forget this

habibz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets end this garbage and see where kevin puts him next year, He will be lucky to be in the 17, and if he is he could well change a game, But for me he will never ever be a 1st choice starter. At least not for the bulldogs.
I will be happy to eat my words
Get a knife and fork and a napkin to wipe the dribble if Ben roberts, Daniel holdsworth have played fg starting roles anyone can

bulldog_matt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barba was quite good. Time will tell when he will get a chance to show it in FG regularly. He has a problem that he needs an injury because who is ahead of him, is better than him. Who do you kick out for him....Ennis, BK or Roberts? Dont think so. He could take DJs old place on the bench i guess.
bench next yr

gordon
armpit
hicky
barba

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
It's funny with Ben Barba.

You're either tirading for him to make it to first grade, or absolutely against the idea like it's gay marriage or something :o

There's no inbetweens.
i'm inbetween guy, should be on the bench, but think he's being waaay overhyped like he's the bulldog's messiah

bulldog_matt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
id be happy if he came off the bench in first grade and let noddy and the boys control the game, and then score a couple of cheeky tries......

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
1, 2, 3.

Good work Barba, he should be on the bench next season, wasted talent if he wasn't picked.

bckd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
DId you watch the game on any type of substance or did you wear beer goggles. Do you understand what a half does? Do you understand they had no 5/8 as pee wee joke was hooked. BArba controlled his team both in attack and defence those tries he scored not one other bulldogs player could do it. Requries reads in defence electrifying pace and awearness. He also mafe the break and gave the last pass to taylor too score. In defence he once made 3 tackles in a row twice one on one and once in a group he was showing his chargers how its done. The result was 32-0 onsidering we had the worst hooker and no 5/8 call Barba Super Babra. Dumb unt
Dumb unt hey.
What is barba your teabag ***** bud.
How about get over yourself baby boy and start to understand that everyone has their own opinion, and mine happens to be what I stated. Any little bit of juvenile chest pumping is not going to change my, or others, mind.
If you would like to think your the gods gift to rugby league how about you make the grade or become an NRL coach. And whilst your doing that keep your dillusional attitude that everyone has the same thoughts and ideas as you. If everyone had the same opinions this would be a very boring place. But than again you could probably sit around having a big wankfest over Barba. Take off your rose coloured glasses.
I'll stand by what I said, and no I don't drink that early in the day. Too many new young players have been talked up, only to end up B grade wannabees. I'm not convinced on Barba yet, and todays game certainly did nothing to change my mind. And you undoubtedly came across as a condiscending fool with even less self control than Barba.
Good work champion.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
DF it's a losing battle mate .. these people dont know there heads from there a$$holes

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
I think Barba played well today and I wouldn't argue a spot for him on the bench next year. He's developing nicely and with another off-season under his belt, he will become an even better player next year.

How about some of you guys stop writing him off!! He's still only young and he has the potential of becoming a devastating player for us. I would absolutely hate to see him carve us up if he goes to another club ... God forbid!!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben Barba is crap imo the Bulldogs should tear up his contract and sign Arana Taumata to a four year deal!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Barba haters are all racist - It's because he's Abo innit ?

:p

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
we didn't

we were just unlucky

halfback coming back from a month off, a lil bit rusty

dally m prop of the year dislocated shoulder

the best fullback in the nrl not to have played for nsw knocked out in the first minute for an hour of the game

the equal 3rd highest try scorer in our number 5 knocked out for half the game with players dropping onto his head when scoring a try

dally m rookie of the year playing out of position mid game

and i think i read a few reports by reputable people here, buddy gordon who was filling in at centre also copped an arm/shoulder injury during the game

we ran out of troops and parra continued to get lucky with all the 'hope and pass' they were playing

parra have had alot of luck on their side, let's not forget this

Off course you need luck on your side to win any sport. St George were lucky that they won minor premiership other wise Bulldogs were 4 competition points ahead of them anyway. No matter if you are as good as Tigerwoods or Federar (spelling) if you do not have luck on your side you wont win anything.

As far as your comments about off the field behaviour is concerned, I would ask you why every single club including Bulldogs are so interested in JT despite his off field behaviours being worse than any one I can think of.

Who can forget Coffs harbour scandal and 2006 Cowboys sex scandal, as long as JT keeps performing no one care about what he does off field.

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
BCKD im backing you here, we all have an opinion, and some of these armchair critics cant handle it. Nor do i think half of them are old enough or man enough to have played league at a high level. So maybe we should agree to disagree that some of these jerks have no idea

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Moore is too pig headed to pick him, Barba will leave after next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.