Ben barba can he come back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now that sharks have released him and he wants to go rehab and get his life sorted. Do you think dogs can offer him another contract or has his days as a bulldog finished ?

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Another worthless Troll thread, are you for real? piss off!!
Yer what's wrong with that everyone is complaining about hoppa who misses Sundays and Brett Morris who is very injury prone why wouldn't you want a fullback who is in form and is a dogs junior who led us to a grandfinal it's better then what we have now dumb ass

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is sad to see him in this sort of situation. I think it is quite harsh to be tested so soon after the grand final but in saying that he definitely made the wrong decision and has to face the consequences.

In regards to his ban a lot of people are saying he should be out for 2 years but the NRL rules for illicit substances are a 12 week ban when caught outside of the playing season.

I do think he will be back in the game and still has a lot to offer. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he did come back, he has that x-factor but I doubt he will be back at belmore.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club probably knew about his drug habbit and were happy to release him.

Reactions: DT

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yer what's wrong with that everyone is complaining about hoppa who misses Sundays and Brett Morris who is very injury prone why wouldn't you want a fullback who is in form and is a dogs junior who led us to a grandfinal it's better then what we have now dumb ass
I'm with you buddy we do need a fullback and I mean an actual fullback Ben isn't a bad choise.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It is sad to see him in this sort of situation. I think it is quite harsh to be tested so soon after the grand final but in saying that he definitely made the wrong decision and has to face the consequences.

In regards to his ban a lot of people are saying he should be out for 2 years but the NRL rules for illicit substances are a 12 week ban when caught outside of the playing season.

I do think he will be back in the game and still has a lot to offer. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he did come back, he has that x-factor but I doubt he will be back at belmore.
Wasn't the 2 Rabbitohs player of there heads and ended up in hospital at the start of last year and weren't band from playing.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That was an overdose on prescription medication. There is no current match ban on that.

Taking illicit substances (drugs) is a different issue even if they are recreational.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As far as everyone's opinion goes on players with shit attitudes/behavior.. You must choose whether you want someone that can play footy but has ego/behavior problems or someone that is a average player but gives the club a good image... At the end of the day it is winning what matters most..... E.g seizer/Carney etc

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see why people and the club wouldnt want him back. But me personally would love to see him back, at least our attack wouldnt be so one dimensional and shithouse. He would provide another ball player instead of using our forwards so much.
Im under the impression our forwards do it so much because we dont have natural halves, reynolds a hooker who is sporadic and mbye who is gun shy and a centre (correct me if im wrong).
And as me complaining about this thread, i think its better then half the other crap that gets posted

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
That was an overdose on prescription medication. There is no current match ban on that.

Taking illicit substances (drugs) is a different issue even if they are recreational.
Really? I thought just being high will get you couple of weeks these guys almost died.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I am in 2 minds to be honest I would love a decent fullback & always loved watching him play for us but at the same time I would love for some young guys to be given a chance & a lot of people seem to think Abbey will go good (can't comment I have never seen him play) so wouldn't mind seeing him given a go but as long as floppa isn't back there I don't mond

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rugby league is just a business so for me personally I just want to see the best team possible out on the field. All the clubs see are dollar signs etc...

I think having barba back would be a smart decision and would take pressure off our halves and forward pack.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Really? I thought just being high will get you couple of weeks these guys almost died.
I think its just up to the clubs to determine the punishment. Souths used the overdose as an excuse to release walker due to salary cap pressure which is why he is at manly.

A

Alexander the Great

Now that sharks have released him and he wants to go rehab and get his life sorted. Do you think dogs can offer him another contract or has his days as a bulldog finished ?
Yes I'll take him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.