Ben Barba, 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, suspensions, and anything else here.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Considering Ennis will more than likely be out for a week, where would you slot in Barba?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nathan Smith > Hooker

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Roberts to hooker Barba to 5/8th
I would do this too - but not because I believe it is the best option.

But because I want to see what Barba can do at 5/8. Roberts won't make the best hooker, but he will do a good enough job IMO.

If we wanna see the best of Barba this year, we need to give him his full 80 minutes to see just how good he is.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
If we wanna see the best of Barba this year, we need to give him his full 80 minutes to see just how good he is.
Exactly - I've been saying this as well.

We're not gonna see what he's got in the NRL if he doesn't get 80 minutes. It'd also be terribly unfair on him if he doesn't secure a contract for this exact reason.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Looked like the only player out there tonight willing to chance his arm. A mate of mine even said, "he's the only bloke who knows that something different needs to happen".

Chip and chase, who else tried that? Even though it didn't come off, at least he identified a need for unpredictable attack that our more senior players weren't providing.

His try was unbelievable, nothing more needs to be said. At the moment though, we bring Barba on, and the boys just seem to be content with passing him the ball, and watching him do something. No one is providing him any support. It's like "here Ben, you try something", and everyone just folds their arms and watches. It kills me.

Inject him into an attacking move, don't just give him the ball and expect something to spark out of thin air.

D

dogs_4 lyf

Thats what happens when there is only 2 players in the team that are capable of a special moment.

Barba & Idris will continue to see a lot of ball because they are only hope to get out of danger.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Looked like the only player out there tonight willing to chance his arm. A mate of mine even said, "he's the only bloke who knows that something different needs to happen".

Chip and chase, who else tried that? Even though it didn't come off, at least he identified a need for unpredictable attack that our more senior players weren't providing.

His try was unbelievable, nothing more needs to be said. At the moment though, we bring Barba on, and the boys just seem to be content with passing him the ball, and watching him do something. No one is providing him any support. It's like "here Ben, you try something", and everyone just folds their arms and watches. It kills me.

Inject him into an attacking move, don't just give him the ball and expect something to spark out of thin air.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

D

dogs_4 lyf

I cant believe Moore actually lets him do these things on the field lol.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
. At the moment though, we bring Barba on, and the boys just seem to be content with passing him the ball, and watching him do something. No one is providing him any support. It's like "here Ben, you try something", and everyone just folds their arms and watches. It kills me.
It's the same way we used SBW in the past, and Morris now.

Our attacking structure & support play is non existent.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dude we aint even aloud to offload.
Arrrggggh !!

What's happenning??

We have Jim Dymock one of the best off loading players of all time in our coaching ranks, yet none of this skill has been encouraged in our play.

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL
Superb Try.
Still in the development phase.
Mate, fantastic try.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Playing well. Must stay in the 17

Chappo

Bulldog Pride
Reaction score
I think Barba definitely deserves a starting spot next week

D

dogs_4 lyf

Arrrggggh !!

What's happenning??

We have Jim Dymock one of the best off loading players of all time in our coaching ranks, yet none of this skill has been encouraged in our play.
1. We don't even have the back-rowers who know how to offload bar only Gordon.
2. Our attacking structure suggests to me we are not encouraged to offload anyway.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
from what i have seen of barba in the past 2 weeks he MUST start next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.