Beer Appreciation Thread

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@CroydonDog I had a beer today at Valley Hops Brewing on top of the Cloudland building. It was all a bit wanky for me, and the beer I had was pretty flavourless. Much prefer somewhere like Happy Valley.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@CroydonDog I had a beer today at Valley Hops Brewing on top of the Cloudland building. It was all a bit wanky for me, and the beer I had was pretty flavourless. Much prefer somewhere like Happy Valley.
Is there a nice view from the rooftop at least?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a nice view from the rooftop at least?
It's ok I guess. You can see sorta see the story bridge and city buildings. Might be nicer at night when everything is lit up. My fav place around that area is Soapbox Beer.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Roll the Bones , rejoice! Another new brewery in Brendale - Hip Hops Brewing.

I was in the area for a kids birthday party, and just had to pop in to grab some takeaways. I let CroydonPup choose the beers so he'd better get it right.

Support local business, peeps.

View attachment 81429
Cool. Looks like a decent tap setup. Yeah, there's 3 breweries at Brendale now. I've only been to Brendale brewery. Will have to check out the other 2 soon.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool. Looks like a decent tap setup. Yeah, there's 3 breweries at Brendale now. I've only been to Brendale brewery. Will have to check out the other 2 soon.
I tried all 3 this evening with no complaints. The IPA was as hoppy as it needed to be but no more. Great balance imo.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For Kennellers from the NSW Central Coast: this is a WCIPA from Six String Brewery.

6.8% / 50 IBU.

Ok, but at over $30 a 4 pack, definitely better options out there. Good to try something new though.

20231014_183400.jpg

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another new localish (for me), Boxer Brewing , based in Mt Tamborine.
At 6% alc, it says IPA on the can, but it's less hoppy and paler than most, which actually suited me fine.

I'm giving it the thumbs up. A 4 pack whilst enjoying my steak and cricket at home last night did me just fine.

@Roll the Bones

View attachment 88247View attachment 88249
Cool. I think I've seen them in some of the local bottlo's, but I haven't tried them.

This is one of the beers I picked up from Revel the other week. Very nice. Despite the name, it wasn't overly hoppy either.

20231021_185101.jpg

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For Kennellers from the NSW Central Coast: this is a WCIPA from Six String Brewery.

6.8% / 50 IBU.

Ok, but at over $30 a 4 pack, definitely better options out there. Good to try something new though.

View attachment 86572
I recommend their Vietnamese coffee stout, pre warming don't bang 6 beers in before starting a session on them ,they catch up and fast lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know I always brag that it was us Assyrians that invented beer/fermentation, but don't know much about beer.

What beer would you beer drinkers recommend if I want a crisp beer that doesn't bloat the hell out of you?

Like something "light", not light alcohol but light enough to have a 6 pack with feeling like you have a whole lamb in your gut lol

I've been smashing CCs and Hard Solos but sometimes you just crave a beer.

@CroydonDog I'm looking at you bro ;)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know I always brag that it was us Assyrians that invented beer/fermentation, but don't know much about beer.

What beer would you beer drinkers recommend if I want a crisp beer that doesn't bloat the hell out of you?

Like something "light", not light alcohol but light enough to have a 6 pack with feeling like you have a whole lamb in your gut lol

I've been smashing CCs and Hard Solos but sometimes you just crave a beer.

@CroydonDog I'm looking at you bro ;)
Great Northern, pretty easy to knock back.sapporo, and six strings coastie larger .
I'm a simple beer man, love a good stout but just as happy with a simple beer