Barba wants to come back to the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Shit I wonder what rugby contracts allow in terms of termination?

It annoys me if he's getting the balance of his $2.5 million contract paid out after 3 months.
Im more curious why they want to punt him so quickly.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im more curious why they want to punt him so quickly.

Reasonable question and one only answered by the quote;

BEN Barba’s French rugby dream is over after the Cronulla premiership hero was cast adrift by Toulon, paving the way for a shock return to the NRL this year.

The French giants have told the former Dally M player of the year he is not part of the club’s plans once their season ends in a matter of weeks.

Considering the way Toulon roll and their habit of signing those who are running away from trouble it does make you wonder.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy's another Rennie Maitua - shoulda, coulda but didn't. Had the natural talents to be a great player but lacked the necessary head muscle. Wasted his opportunities. Demonstrated with Cronulla - his second chance - that he doesn't have the mental discipline and toughness.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
If cronulla are throwing big dollars dugan's way then it doesn't leave many decent fullbacks on the open market.

I'd take back barba even with his off field dramas. It's worth the risk and gamble if we want that elusive premiership

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
him being punted so early implies that he isnt going to be paid out

they probably had a deal that they could flick him off easily at anytime because he had no leverage

Status
Not open for further replies.