Barba subjected to vile attacks on social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BEN Barba has been subjected to vile attacks on social media, including threats to his daughters, as his own fans turn on him for wanting to be near his family next year.

On Sunday night, Barba posted a photo of a beach on Instagram captioned with, "Miss the QLD weather! #beautifulOneDay#spectacularTheNext".

It was viewed as a taunt by anguished Bulldogs fans who relentlessly abused the superstar fullback.

He was labelled a "maggot", "lowlife scum" and was "hiding behind his kids, shameful act".

Some of his "followers” were adamant his recent posts were deliberately antagonising Bulldogs supporters.

“Hurry up and f*** off, the bulldogs stuck by u and don’t say it’s for the kids because u didn’t care about them when u where out on the rack and partying with EBC (Epic Bender Crew),” one post said.

The worst of the abuse came last week when a person on Twitter responded to a photo Barba posted of his daughter with putrid threats.

Barba, to his credit, refused to return abuse.

"Big man you are writing about my kids u fool. Be a man and come see me," was all Barba said to the post.

Read More:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...-on-social-media/story-fndv2wg4-1226700066533

Last edited by a moderator:

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'll probably get hammered by some of y'all but this is the way I feel anyway

you know I totally understand fans being pissed off at Barba and I am too i just don't get the vile and abusive comments especially about the mans kids, If you wouldn't say it someone's face don't say it online. Hell criticize the mans decision to leave I have no problem with that but do it in a tactful way there is no need for the gutter talk.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Million dollar question = What damages our club more ?

(a) Ben Barba leaving.
(b) F*cktards on social media with an inflated sense of self-entitlement bringing our club into disrepute.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Million dollar question = What damages our club more ?

(a) Ben Barba leaving.
(b) F*cktards on social media with an inflated sense of self-entitlement bringing our club into disrepute.
B.

The media was waiting for one fukwit to label all of us fukwits.

Why would anyone attack his kids or misses, they are innocent.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have said its fine to come on here and vent but don't go out of your way to abuse him on twitter. You can have an opinion but try and keep it as civil as possible.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Captain Kickass exactly mate couldn't agree more the way people are carrying on about this as if the club is going to fold if he leaves. We've lost players before, players that were even better than Barba it's the way sport is you win some you lose some.

I remember at the start of the year when we signed T-REX all the posts by our supporters about "butthurt" manly fans how footy was now a business and that Manly fans should get over well it's time we took some of our own advice time to move on guys.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Already had one bloke permabanned here as a result of his Twitter efforts.

Upon reflection, I'm sure that thread would have made the journos story if it was still here.

Chris Gary - Courier Mail
Courier Mail - Owned by News Ltd
Broncos - Also owned by News Ltd.

I wonder if Courier Mail will report when he hits the skids again, as temptation's a killer.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ASSASSIN mate you clearly aren't on twitter mate

it's unbelievable the abuse he's copping don't get me wrong I'm livid that he's leaving and the way he and management team have handled the whole situation it doesn't mean I'll go on twitter and tell him that I'm gonna **** his 6-7 year old daughter when she hits legal age and it's more than just one person trust me. as Captain said they do more damage than him leaving will

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just laugh how the media called for his head in the beginning of the year and now they are defending him like he is a saint. Whatever sells papers I guess.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
the part where people used his kids I don't agree with at all, its not the kids fault what is going on.
on the other hand the other abuse he is getting, fan are going to be angry and vent. that's how it is in every sport. maybe not lawn bowls or darts.
but you know what I mean.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
ASSASSIN mate you clearly aren't on twitter mate

it's unbelievable the abuse he's copping don't get me wrong I'm livid that he's leaving and the way he and management team have handled the whole situation it doesn't mean I'll go on twitter and tell him that I'm gonna **** his daughter when she hits legal age and it's more than just one person trust me. as Captain said they do more damage than him leaving will
Are you fuking kidding me? Talking about his daughters? That's fuked hard!

Btw - Is it that obvious I'm not on any of that anti-social media? Not being a snob or anything but all that social media shit was created for teenage girls.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I'll probably get hammered by some of y'all but this is the way I feel anyway

you know I totally understand fans being pissed of at Barba and I am too i just don't get the vile and abusive comments especially about the mans kids, If you wouldn't say it someone's face don't say it online. Hell criticize the mans decision to leave I have no problem with that but do it in a tactful way there is no need for the gutter talk.
I agree mate - its a shame we have so many hot heads in every sporting code and all over the internet that attack in the most disgusting of ways.

I would like to reach out and ask these guys to love their Club more than they hate Barba and hence back off - just vent about the way he is leaving, but leave his family out of this!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think the threat to the daughter was a statement that the person cant wait for the daughter to get older so he could have sex, and he didnt use those words

this is still a very ****ed up comment but it isnt a threat of violence like i think this article tries to make out

what the hell is barba doing tweeting pictures of his kid at a time like this ffs, just stfu and be cool

Topdog30

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think any form of abuse towards kids at that age is sickening. But in the other hand I can understand the words aimed at him. The fans r the ones who stood by him with all the "support ben barba" pics all over the net wen he went off the rails. All other fans were calling him a wife beater n other insulting words not to mention spitting on him. N this is how he repays the fans who idolised him? This anger is out of lack of respect towards fans n shows he's mentally unstable still.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
thing with most bulldogs fans is that when someone plays for us we stand by them with our hearts and I think we are the most passionate fans in the NRL by a long shot. so when someone like Mason, sbw, barba come out and piss on the club and us fans like the way they did. I can understand people are going to lose their shit and go ape.
what do you guys think broncos fan would do lets say if lockyer done a ben barba? i believe you would get the same outcome

Topdog30

Waterboy
Reaction score
thing with most bulldogs fans is that when someone plays for us we stand by them with our hearts and I think we are the most passionate fans in the NRL by a long shot. so when someone like Mason, sbw, barba come out and piss on the club and us fans like the way they did. I can understand people are going to lose their shit and go ape.

Well said. Agree 100%

Reaction score
his missus and kids are off limits, not worth even talking about. No one on here is hammering them. What happens on twitter has nothing to do with here. I don't even read twitter it's a pointless waste of time

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barba had initially posted a pic of his 6 year old daughter to which this fool @MrGodSlave replied see pic below

obviously with that Ben offered to meet up with him, as any father would if someone was slagging off your kid

Status
Not open for further replies.