Averillo situation

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get that Critta will get first crack at 1 but geez Taffe goes really well. What would he cost? $350k? He could be used like he is at Souths but if he made of fist of it and Critta struggled, he could be a really good 1 with Critta and Xerri in the centres.
I agree mate, he can play, I’d like to see him signed with us ..

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fullback or centre, I don’t know what the rush was to get rid of him. While not a shining light, at least a flicker of one during a couple of very dark seasons for the club. A lot more that could have been off loaded before him. Nothing against Crichton, he’s class. Think with our roster we could have had both.
Averillo isn’t a natural fullback,yeah he goes ok there.last year he was rocks and diamonds at the back. Dolphins most likely through big money at him and he took it.not just the money but to be coached by one of the best.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not convinced that Sexton, EQW or Skelton have long NRL careers ahead of them, Skelton potentially has the most upside. Avo should be moved to be retained at fullback for this season, then move on

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not convinced that Sexton, EQW or Skelton have long NRL careers ahead of them, Skelton potentially has the most upside. Avo should be moved to be retained at fullback for this season, then move on
We still have the promising Papa and Wilson to give opportunities to how we fit Taafe in is puzzling.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really wish he was given a proper pre season at fb i feel he will kick on

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has anyone actually confirmed Critta will play fullback? He was one of NSW’s best at centre so why move him?
I wish Avo we'll but he's being replaced by a better player
This is what I don't get if we are trying to climb the ladder we should be retaining the quality players we do have.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup. The ceiling was always there and it was simply a matter of helping him reach it. Not many players in the game can pull a defensive line apart the way he did when he scored that try.
Did avo really want to stay though?