Averillo situation

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Avo he’s a good kid and shows glimpses of brilliance but he left for the money and nothing more. I don’t blame him I would to if I was I was NOT a top tier player and I knew it and got offered a very nice pay cheque.

Even if we had latrell playing fullback for us last night I truly believe the score line would still be very similar. Our forwards are actually TERRIBLE ( I’m trying to be nice here coz they’re worse than Terrible).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He definitely showed some confidence in attack but his defence was exposed again. My mail is he wanted too much money to stay and Gus was unwilling to dance. Interesting to see where he plays in Redcliffe, yes good luck to a Bulldog junior but I’d be surprised if we look back in two years and regret letting him go. Timing / cap management is more important right now.
Dolphins offered an extra year. We couldn't match it because we overinvested into hacks like Crichton and reserve grade Qcup players.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dolphins offered an extra year. We couldn't match it because we overinvested into hacks like Crichton and reserve grade Qcup players.
I don’t get this argument. He’s 22 (23 next month). It’s not like he’s 33 and negotiating his final NRL contract. That’s where I’d say an extra year might matter more.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t get this argument. He’s 22 (23 next month). It’s not like he’s 33 and negotiating his final NRL contract. That’s where I’d say an extra year might matter more.
It's money in the bank + the opportunity to be coached by Wayne.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's money in the bank + the opportunity to be coached by Wayne.
Likely a few factors and yeah the latter could’ve played a part but as I understand it we first indicated we wanted him to stay but negotiations quickly stalled as the parties were quite a ways apart. Regardless I wish him well but don’t think we’re losing a rockstar.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it worries me that it took so long for Ciraldo to realise there were better options than Perham. Gus too it seems and he had a big rave about Perham also. Most fans can see what our coach and Gus can't ? The club would be better of if the fans chose the team LOL.

It still concerns me they can't see the value in having Pele in our 17 when we're desperate for impact off the bench.

It worries me that they haven't given Skelton more of a go yet in first grade either.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Likely a few factors and yeah the latter could’ve played a part but as I understand it we first indicated we wanted him to stay but negotiations quickly stalled as the parties were quite a ways apart. Regardless I wish him well but don’t think we’re losing a rockstar.
We're losing our best performing junior. It's a loss for a club that claims they want to develop juniors.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s pity we can’t do a recall on him. Wish we could’ve done the same with JMK last year. But at least they’re both at the dolphins

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hacks like Critta lol we may have stumbled on a 7 and need middles not overpaying players like Avo. We got Xeri cheaper and he will more than cover the loss of Avo

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Avos got pace to burn but his hands are shit. At least Crighton has got some skill and can play as a 2nd 6. Xerri will compensate with his pace and tackle busting in the centres. Maybe this should be the back 5 next year
1. Crighton
2. Addocarr
3. Xerri
4. Kiraz
5. Wilson

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Avo is a rocks or diamonds player. On raw talent and speed he is a drooling prospect. But that doesn’t always translate on the field. He should have been a fullback from round 1. The Hayze experiment looked failed 4 games in but we persisted with him until late in the season.

Especially with the flange and Burton I think Avo at 1 would have given us an extra ball player for backline movements (not something dogs implement too often mind you).

To be honest Avo would still be one of the lower ranked nrl fullbacks (was hayze ranked 16th?) also avo has been a victim of his versatility. Has bounced between 1, 4, 6, 7 and 14. His development has been compromised and the Covid situation didn’t help him accelerate his prospect. Great potential. Just needs someone to unlock it. Purely as a football move he has done the best thing for himself. Hopefully he ends up back here as a complete player in a few years.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We won't know till next year around say Round 4.

Judge Avo V Critta then.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Avo is a rocks or diamonds player. On raw talent and speed he is a drooling prospect. But that doesn’t always translate on the field. He should have been a fullback from round 1. The Hayze experiment looked failed 4 games in but we persisted with him until late in the season.

Especially with the flange and Burton I think Avo at 1 would have given us an extra ball player for backline movements (not something dogs implement too often mind you).

To be honest Avo would still be one of the lower ranked nrl fullbacks (was hayze ranked 16th?) also avo has been a victim of his versatility. Has bounced between 1, 4, 6, 7 and 14. His development has been compromised and the Covid situation didn’t help him accelerate his prospect. Great potential. Just needs someone to unlock it. Purely as a football move he has done the best thing for himself. Hopefully he ends up back here as a complete player in a few years.
Well said. He can always come back :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We're losing our best performing junior. It's a loss for a club that claims they want to develop juniors.
You can’t keep ‘em all. That will amplify as our pathways restore and we have even more juniors pushing into the NRL which we didn’t for years. Jake is likely a victim in some ways of not having enough junior footy through Covid and I acknowledge he was disrupted by multiple coaches and being tried in multiple positions but he’s been in the NRL since 2020 so has had time to overcome the shortcomings in his game notably defence. If Skeletor can sort that out and take him to the next level then good luck to both parties. In Xerri we should replace Jake’s speed and improve defence for the right price so although not a Dogs junior and yes there’s the ‘drug cheat’ and ‘he hasn’t played for years’ arguments, but I can see why this came together the way it did.