Ashley Klein - Learn the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So today during extra time, Ashley Klein flipped a coin and then asked Greg Bird if he wanted to receive the kick off (he stated he did). He then asked what way he would like to run.

James Graham interjected and queried it saying he was meant to get the other choice, and Klein was adamant and explained the side that wins the toss gets both choices (and awarded it as such).

The 2016 Telstra Premiership season will be adjudicated in accordance with the current ‘rugby league laws of the game international level and notes on the laws’ (February 2016).

SECTION 6
SCORING – TRIES AND GOALS
LAW 2(B)
(b) FINALS EXTRA TIME League Governing bodies should set rules and regulations where extra time is required to determine a winner following a drawn match at the completion of normal time. A coin toss will take place prior to the commencement of extra time (refer S5, Law 2).

SECTION 5
MODE OF PLAY
LAW 2
2. The captains of the two teams shall toss a coin in the presence of the referee. The captain winning the toss shall decide to either kick off or choose which end of the field his team will defend. The losing captain shall take the other of the alternatives.

Source: http://www.playnrl.com/get-involved/referee/resource-centre/

So once again we have a match official who clearly does not know the rules of the game he is meant to be governing.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also all the missed rulings... Referees are doing their part to make it hard on us week in and out

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
what about tackle count restarting when opposition team charges down.

FMD... that was even bigger blunder. this was blatant cheating if you ask me
Was it the refs or did Morris mess up?

It should have been 6 again, surely

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It was refs... 6 more not signalled by either.

If you take a peek of that site, its the site that referees are meant to use for rules and training.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I honestly don't seem to understand the rules on chargedowns. Does it count as playing at the ball or not?

In rugby Union you can charge the ball down seemingly without penalty but league seems to be all over the place.

To me, if you throw yourself at the ball to smother it, you have played at it.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The refs always balls it up in the oppositions favour

There f ups never go our way

From bunkers.over ruling mid game decisons to bunkers wanting to call on forward passes like Kasianos vs Eels

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The whole refereeing display was an absolute joke.

We don't help ourselves at times, there's no doubt about that, but the refs do a number on us every week. Has been going on for a long time and only seems to get worse.

The comp is a cesspool of corruption. The administration isn't even professional enough to cheat with subtlety.

Some will call me a tin foiler. I don't care. It's not my problem these people lack the ability to recognise what is going on right in front of their faces.

The NRL is corrupt....and doesn't like us.

Last edited:

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the rule is different for Extra time starts.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole refereeing display was an absolute joke.

We don't help ourselves at times, there's no doubt about that, but the refs do a number on us every week. Has been going on for a long time and only seems to get worse.

The comp is a cesspool of corruption. The administration isn't even professional enough to cheat with subtlety.

Some will call me a tin fouler. I don't care. It's not my problem these people lack the ability to recognise what is going on right in front of their faces.

The NRL is corrupt....and doesn't like us.
They like all the money and attention we bring to their corrupt organisation though, I'd love to see the NRL survive without us in Sydney...

I'm starting too think why our club even gives them money when we get treated like shit but they need is badly.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good info... I can understand missing forward passes and knock ons but to get wrong what a ref is there for! That's appalling!

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow.. I'm more surprised that you guys are surprised that the referees don't know what the fuck they're doing... It hasn't been obvious enough for years now?

They knew they couldn't get the referees to learn how to do their jobs, so they censored everyone from speaking about their incompetence. It was an easier option for the NRL.

Reactions: DT

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not complaining overall, as it was equal for both sides, but I've never seen a game with such godawful 10m measurements.

Even within the same set, a defensive line might be taken back 8m on one tackle then 14m on the next. Completely inconsistent and clueless. Repeatedly - and equally for both sides. It just added to a grind of a contest.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They like all the money and attention we bring to their corrupt organisation though, I'd love to see the NRL survive without us in Sydney...

I'm starting too think why our club even gives them money when we get treated like shit but they need is badly.
Well unless a breakaway comp is formed there's not a lot we can do I guess. It's not like we can threaten to leave and go to a better employer, unless we want to relocate the whole team to the UK and apply for a license to play in the super league or something.

I guess Des could complain about refs in press conferences more.... But that would only result in more of the same shit and a lot of our own fans would complain because they are already pissed off with performance and will see it as buck passing.

The bastards really have us bent over a barrel.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hate blaming refs but klein and that guy last week always hammer us

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I predicted every penalty agsinst us today lol buzzy game to play during our matches makes the frustration little bit bearable

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Went off deluxe at the ground about that. It was right near full time after the Tits charged down the field goal attempt ; tackle count was not re started. This caused Josh Morris to take a shot at field goal himself wasting a last ditch opportunity.

Klein in addition has poor mathematical skills and cannot judge distances very well because at times during the game he allowed the Tits massive latitude within the ten metres sometimes allowing them to stand three metres and more offside in defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.