Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep so the dogs will get rid of a coach 1 year into his 5 year contract
You think the board is going to cop another 4 years of this? How shocking does it look when you realize Gould thought 5 years made sense. The guy must have rocks in his head.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
bunch of sad people on here complaining that because they have to get into work for 8 hours that this means the club should do it

i guarantee if these people were given the option of having a much more short and sharp work session of 4 hours but get paid the same then they would love it, if other companies were offering it then they would join that company and they would work harder and be happier

there must be a whole bunch of meaningless shit going on if ciraldo is asking the players to be around for 8 hours a day, thats what the problem is
I’ve got my tiler at my place now and I asked him could he please do the 8 hours tomorrow in 4 hours and I’ll pay him the same amount.

He told me to go fuck myself…

Thanks for the tip.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like the players need to harden the fuk up..imagine these players under the training regime of bellamy
Bellamy gets results. Ciraldo SFA. Big difference. You can only flog the players so much if no results come.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what fucking happens when you turn down a most proven coach who made it public he WANTED to coach the bulldogs. Key word WANT!! So many of you were not keen be use of the connection with his son. Yet yesterday Kyle came on, moments after Coming on he goes over for a try. Then every touch after that put whole hearted effort even though the game was gone long ago.

CC is fucking useless,Gus had a chance and didn’t take it an took this rookie over him.. thinking he would be the next big thing.. seems like a trend. And it failed.
It's ALL on Gus. Ciraldo would have had no clue what he was walking into. How can you sign an unproven assistant coach to come in and turn around the biggest basket case in the NRL? To a FIVE YEAR DEAL? Please, it's just laughable.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You don't know what they're doing though do you? None of us do. I just think it's stupid to brush this off as a "lol the players are lazy".

As I said before why do we have so many injuries? Why was RFM made captain and handed a long-term deal if this was an issue? Why would RFM complain now after having to bust his arse for years to get back on the field. Keep in mind the club butchered his recovery and set him back months. None of this adds up.
Recent history suggests in these situations players win in the end. It got McGuire punted from Souths, but at least they won a comp... I can't cop training injuries, but I do hope Gus keeps weeding the weak ones out and gets the training schedule sorted next season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Those talking about "this is what you get with a rookie coach with a rookie team", mustn't be old enough to remember former schoolteacher in Ted Glossop lead a young inexperienced team to the '79 Grand Final only to come up short against Saints and then come back a year later to win the comp for the first time in 38 years against Eastern Suburbs.
Different era my friend. They were men, these are soy boys.

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just shows you what a weak bunch of ***** that are playing for this club … coach comes in and tries to install hard working ethics and these soft cocks get upset … how dare he expect them to work till 530pm …. Fuck off if you don’t like it and get a real job like the rest of us

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or could it just be that he rewards players for effort and attitude?
I’d say this is the most likely reason for the shitstorm this season and why he is always changing the team. Probably finding out who puts in and is a team player. Not for all mind you. Some of the high profile players seem to be undroppable. Maybe this has caused some rumblings by other players too? Certain players getting special treatment when they’re going shit too.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Bulldogs powerbrokers have reportedly been made aware of a damning text message that has the potential to further unsettle the stuggling club.

According to the SMH, a message “doing the rounds” claims up to eight players have been left with a bad taste in their mouth in Cameron Ciraldo’s first year in charge.

The main factor that has reportedly left several players disgruntled was regarding Ciraldo’s “workload demands”, including an apparent expectation players should be around training from 8am to 5:30pm.

The former Panthers assistant signed a five-year deal to take over the Belmore-based club in 2023 after Trent Barrett was sacked a year prior.

The Bulldogs are 15th and have the worst for-and-against in the competition despite some big-name player arrivals joining Ciraldo at the club this season, with more recruits coming next year — although they report suggests the unrest has the potential to harm the Dogs’ recruitment prospects.

The Bulldogs have most recently been linked to Knights utility Kurt Mann for next season and he reportedly completed a medical with the club last week.

The potential recruitment move comes after Phil Gould acquired the services of Rabbitohs fullback Blake Taaffe and Panthers utility Jaeman Salmon, both on two-year deals.

Penrith centre Stephen Crichton also signed a four-year deal, following Ciraldo from the reigning premiers.

Interesting read... any truth to this?
Once again our passionate supporters have been misled !
It is called divide and conquer...
A total BS story to create instability for the upcoming election.
Don't fall for it, patience is a virtue !!!

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really buy into any of this but it seems pretty clear to me that Ciraldo has lost the playing group. We gone backwards in all areas of our performance as the season has progressed

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Recent history suggests in these situations players win in the end. It got McGuire punted from Souths, but at least they won a comp... I can't cop training injuries, but I do hope Gus keeps weeding the weak ones out and gets the training schedule sorted next season.
depends who's complaining, if it's the ***** who've been here for the wooden spoon, they'll be out the door asap