Are the Dogs re-entering another golden age of goal kicking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
With Hodkinson kicking goals like there is no tomorrow, there seems to be a little El-Magic about him. He looks confident.

We have had a glut of great kickers at the dogs, right now, I have to place Hodkinson in the top three because of kicking style and accuracy.

Your thoughts Kennellers...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know, but I hope so,
Let's not forget he was kicking at 95% then went ordinary after that, so I hope we don't put the mocker on him,

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
last year i dismissed the el hodko talk but now i understand

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I like the way he kicks them too. You can get an idea from the rear camera angle whether it looks good or not as opposed to the guys like Thurston who hook them and you never know until the death.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even Hayne tweeted that it's good to see Hokko kicking so well and that he's been doing it since he's 12

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know how he kicks them so straight. He does not curve the ball to either side at all which is unusual. Being a right footer most curve it to the left. He has a gift!

For El-Hodko it doesn't matter if he is kicking from the left touch line or right.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know how he kicks them so straight. He does not curve the ball to either side at all which is unusual. Being a right footer most curve it to the left. He has a gift!

For El-Hodko it doesn't matter if he is kicking from the left touch line or right.
I am loving the el hodko thing, lol,

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Lol, I know, was thinking the same thing,
Get the man a taco not the food variety either, lol,
Didn't he dress up like Clint Eastwood one year with the poncho and everything? lol

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
This club has been blessed with kickers

Hope he keeps it up, it'll be like when we scored tries and it was an expected 6 points with El Masri kicking

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
I could never understand how the curved kicking became so popular. It is great when kicking from the half of the field where it curves into the posts reducing the angle, but from he other half the angle worsened. Straight kicking is the same from either side of the posts.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could never understand how the curved kicking became so popular. It is great when kicking from the half of the field where it curves into the posts reducing the angle, but from he other half the angle worsened. Straight kicking is the same from either side of the posts.
If you can curve the ball it only helps you from 1 side of the field but limits you from the other.

Thurston curves it a lot when he needs it (softer kick & floats it more) but when he kicks it from the other side he kicks it much harder & flater to limit the curve.

Hodko just kicks it straight which I prefer!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Without his kicking, we potentially (let's say high probability) lose the last 3 games....

Perspective.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Without his kicking, we potentially (let's say high probability) lose the last 3 games....

Perspective.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Ah BS!

Anyway when he does have an off game with the boot, who will be the kicker if Inu is not in the side?
I think Stanley's an able kicker, not sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.