Gilded
Reaction score
Huge car cruise.
The cops still follow all the way

YoUnG_DoG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
big car cruise held every anzac day..
there are numerous meet up points around.. roselands car park usually gets a big turn out n everyone goes down to woolongong..
if ur not into cars u may get bored lol

YoUnG_DoG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
its a good day.. who cares if ya get defected juz dun do anything wrong n the cops cant touch ya

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I drink and play two-up on ANZAC day, like any Aussie/New Zealander worth their salt would do!!! I also attend dawn service in the morning... Usually at Sutherland. I would rather remember the diggers that fought for our great country this way, not by hooning around the city in a car cavalcade.

YoUnG_DoG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i was juz askin its juz a tradition a few ppl do... if ur not interested u dont need to attend.. i was juz putting it out there for ppl who didnt know about it.. that is all

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drink and play two-up on ANZAC day, like any Aussie/New Zealander worth their salt would do!!! I also attend dawn service in the morning... Usually at Sutherland. I would rather remember the diggers that fought for our great country this way, not by hooning around the city in a car cavalcade.
Just to let you know it aint about the hooning (yes there the select few people that do ruin it for everyone like in everything that draws a big crowd)...all the proceeds from the Cruise go to the Childrens Hospital Weastmead so it is also for a good cause.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Just to let you know it aint about the hooning (yes there the select few people that do ruin it for everyone like in everything that draws a big crowd)...all the proceeds from the Cruise go to the Childrens Hospital Weastmead so it is also for a good cause.
Awesome :grinning: Still think they could have chosen another day for this charity event!!

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome :grinning: Still think they could have chosen another day for this charity event!!
They prob could have but its been on that day for the last 11 yrs for some reason.

Saw this posted on the internet......

ANZAC Day Supercruise 12 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Well Supercruise has changed as we know it***

Supercruise is no longer to the Gong! The permit got rejected by Wollongong Police and Council.

For those that dont know The Supercruise is the annual ANZAC Day event and is the biggest car cruise of the year without a doubt! Here's what happened last yr: There was no 'official' meet pt but only a destination. There were lots of little meet points for different ppl/clubs. I personally met Albert and the MOPAR boys at Kingsgrove shell (the only real meet pt of the organiser). I then met St Commodore peeps at Roselands, which i organised, then met some of my personal mates at Heathcoate macca's along the way.

The cops have disallowed the permit for the Supercruise to be anywhere in Wollongong/ Albion Park! He has had a permit for the past 11 years, and this year they have said NO! If he turns up there, he will get served a new *******, and smacked with heavy fines!

The thing is he is trying to organise another venue (Oran Park is the go at the moment), however the problem will be everyone is used to heading to the gong of the past decade on ANZAC day so its going to be hard for everyone to break tradition, and to let everyone know there will be a venue change. He still wants it to go on and he will enquire about Oran Park. Do any of you have any other suggestions for a venue. Its the biggest cruise of the year!

So support the cause, all proceeds go to Childrens Hospital Weastmead... lets keep this event alive!

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
I will most likely be going down again this year. Haven't missed one for years!

YoUnG_DoG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeh well i am goin down wif my mates...
keep an eye out for a black soarer that will be me

Status
Not open for further replies.