Anyone decent from the ESL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With very little talent off contract in the nrl for next year does anyone pay much attention to the english super league and if so is there anyone over there worth trying to sign? Should we send an SOS to chris sandow haha. The sad thing is i'd probably take him

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
With very little talent off contract in the nrl for next year does anyone pay much attention to the english super league and if so is there anyone over there worth trying to sign? Should we send an SOS to chris sandow haha. The sad thing is i'd probably take him
Fuck no.

My God, I thought I knew how bad of a state we are in. To see someone bring up that dud's name as an option makes me want to break my tv now to save myself watching it.

Fuck I'm gonna get right into the NBA this year. Footy is gonna fucking suck.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. People go to the ESL to die. They should never come back. Sure James Graham and Sam Burgess are good but they were rare gems that were the best of the best over there. Most of it is just rubbish.

Action Jackson

C.B.B 1935
Reaction score
Starting to get desperate here.... Lol. If I can recall about a month ago we signed the Cronulla back up Halfback Josh Cleeland for a couple years. He was originally from Ipswich and apparently carved up there. Lets hope he goes allright.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. People go to the ESL to die. They should never come back. Sure James Graham and Sam Burgess are good but they were rare gems that were the best of the best over there. Most of it is just rubbish.
& that Hodgson fellow who plays for the Raiders. Raiders geting him over from Hull was genius.

But overall, it's pretty slim pickings. A scouser mate of mine used to be a big St Helens fan (he was the one who put me onto James Graham before he came over). I should ask him!

Does Pom81 still post here? He was a Wigan fan from memory?

ESL barely survives over there. Apart from the one off games, regular games are played in front of crowds that would even embarrass the Roosters.

Bulldogs1974

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only corey thompson of note

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was a Kid who played for the Titans under 20s but went back to britian cause he got home sick. Scottish fullback named Mathew Russell who has the same playing style as Tedesco. He was with the wolves last time I saw him, I wonder how his going these days?

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes....frank the tank!! Even if just for a year, players play better when hes around and he should be able to retire here
Have u seen the tank lately? his the size of kasiano.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have u seen the tank lately? his the size of kasiano.
Frank's gone. People have to accept that. He's enjoyimg the cruisy run towards retirement.

No way could he be a force again in the NRL.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frank's gone. People have to accept that. He's enjoyimg the cruisy run towards retirement.

No way could he be a force again in the NRL.
He was already gone before he left. His knees were finished but sheer will got him through games. True warrior and his lil bro has it to, must run in the family.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Killing it in the ESL is like killing it in NSW cup, you cant really tell if the player will do well in NRL first grade.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Given the second side on the ladder has Chris Sandow in the halves... doesn't really set the bar high for the competition standard.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The ESL in all honesty is trash... nobody over there knows how to tackle!!! It is a try-a-thon!! Very slim pickings on decent players

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The ESL in all honesty is trash... nobody over there knows how to tackle!!! It is a try-a-thon!! Very slim pickings on decent players
Whaaaaaat I thought the game between Bradford and Sheffield was quite close... Only 15 tries to nil, and a scoreline of 80-nil. Was close at half time too.. 32-nil.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Whaaaaaat I thought the game between Bradford and Sheffield was quite close... Only 15 tries to nil, and a scoreline of 80-nil. Was close at half time too.. 32-nil.
Haha yeah but that happens here as well hasn't our biggest loss been 91-6 & 87-7 in consecutive weeks? The fact that it was to the dragons & the roosters makes me want to neck myself!! In saying that it was also 1935 the standard has changed drastically since then, all except Des' game plan... that is still the same

Last edited:

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would happily take mark Sneyd and Danny Houghton from hull fc. Sneyd has the best controlling kicking game over there and not a bad running game also a terrific goal kicker and Houghton brings something we lack from dummy half, good service and creativity

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even in a sub standard comp there will be good players. But you need someone who can identify that. Going on Des' signings he's clearly not someone who can pick a good player or he might put a clause in their contract giving them every second weekend off to go home and visit the family.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah but that happens here as well hasn't our biggest loss been 91-6 & 87-7 in consecutive weeks? The fact that it was to the dragons & the roosters makes me want to neck myself!! In saying that it was also 1935 the standard has changed drastically since then, all except Des' game plan... that is still the same
But look what happened three years later, in 1938.

Status
Not open for further replies.