Any wonder why The Bulldog's are not on Prime Time TV

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is with no surprise the Bulldogs are not televised on Prime TV time slots. The Bulldogs lack any form of entertainment even at their best which let's face it does not rate amongst most teams in the NRL.

Bulldogs games do not rate large volumes of audiences not only this year but also the past few years and it does not always relate to where they sit on the table but mainly due to the lack of individual skill and finese players possess.

No broadcasting channel will take the risk, for example what would once arguably be one of the biggest games of the year this weeks Round 8 versus the Rabbitohs is in the last time slot of the round at 6:30pm where normally it would be played and shown on Prime Time Friday night 7:50pm or Sunday afternoon 4:00pm. How times have changed. There would normally be so much hype around this game that the lack of superstar's the Bulldogs have in their roster diminishes the quality of entertainment audience's crave to watch.

The ramifications of this? Well we can see for ourselves that the club can't even obtain a front jersey major sponsor. The return for any company to spend a million dollars on the front of the jersey would not see a return in value to their business with the lack of exposure. Also, sales in merchandise would be at it's all time low (excluding the effects of Covid-19). Just to mention two examples.

Every team has a cult hero, at the Bulldogs I can't mention one that I can say will stand up and lead from the front and have the confidence that he can lift the club out of the doldrums. Not even one that intimidates the opposition. Very sad and un-Bulldog like.

The club and its fans are at an all time low and unless the Board comes out with positive news on a number of issues either like new player signings, a new coach or even a major sponsor the Bulldogs will be seen by opposition teams, fans and broadcaster's as the mediocrity Club and they will continue to see it that way for years to come.

It is now time for the Board to act or face embarrassment for they are the ones that overlooked the rise and fall of what once use to be a powerhouse club, The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is with no surprise the Bulldogs are not televised on Prime TV time slots. The Bulldogs lack any form of entertainment even at their best which let's face it does not rate amongst most teams in the NRL.

Bulldogs games do not rate large volumes of audiences not only this year but also the past few years and it does not always relate to where they sit on the table but mainly due to the lack of individual skill and finese players possess.

No broadcasting channel will take the risk, for example what would once arguably be one of the biggest games of the year this weeks Round 8 versus the Rabbitohs is in the last time slot of the round at 6:30pm where normally it would be played and shown on Prime Time Friday night 7:50pm or Sunday afternoon 4:00pm. How times have changed. There would normally be so much hype around this game that the lack of superstar's the Bulldogs have in their roster diminishes the quality of entertainment audience's crave to watch.

The ramifications of this? Well we can see for ourselves that the club can't even obtain a front jersey major sponsor. The return for any company to spend a million dollars on the front of the jersey would not see a return in value to their business with the lack of exposure. Also, sales in merchandise would be at it's all time low (excluding the effects of Covid-19). Just to mention two examples.

Every team has a cult hero, at the Bulldogs I can't mention one that I can say will stand up and lead from the front and have the confidence that he can lift the club out of the doldrums. Not even one that intimidates the opposition. Very sad and un-Bulldog like.

The club and its fans are at an all time low and unless the Board comes out with positive news on a number of issues either like new player signings, a new coach or even a major sponsor the Bulldogs will be seen by opposition teams, fans and broadcaster's as the mediocrity Club and they will continue to see it that way for years to come.

It is now time for the Board to act or face embarrassment for they are the ones that overlooked the rise and fall of what once use to be a powerhouse club, The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.
Awesome fucking write up, hits the nail on the head and couldn’t be more accurate..!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our club is so irrelevant that when I try and talk about certain players or our games to friends that watch most games, they have no idea who Averillo or Renouf are or how Lewis played etc because they avoid our games like the plague.

For years we were the biggest attendance drawcard at away games and one of the highest rating TV teams with more free to air games than anyone but Brisbane. We also sold the most merchandise in the comp year after year.

Now there is zero interest in the club from coaches, players, sponsors, neutral fans and the TV networks.

Kebab74

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who needs spelling pills when you just to read your post.. Anyway on cult hero's what ever happened to Ben Czislowski?

Last edited:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would we get prime time when we have been the most boring team in attack for the last 8 years? I cant imagine any non-bulldogs fans watching our games unless they were playing us and I can't say i would blame them. Hell I love the club and I hate watching us play so why would anyone else. Clearly the broadcasters see this too which is why were going to get the rubbish time slots for the foreseeable future

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will keep it short and sweet, but here is my answer: Because we are bloody s**t!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is what they look at before they make the broadcast schedule (before a ball is kicked). They also look at location. We're one of the many Sydney clubs so it's all performance based for us (as well as fan numbers).
upload_2020-6-29_14-5-11.png

This is now instead of before the season (we were second last before a ball was kicked), but I hope you get the point. I actually couldn't fit the last team in.

This is just another example showing people that aren't delusional (NRL, broadcasters) setting realistic expectations for us.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well they dont call us the Bullduds for no reason..

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sat through 80mins of garbage bored shitless and yawning watched the Canberra golden point game thoroughly entertained thinking WTF are we not even half as good as them

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who needs spelling pills when you just to read your post.. Anyway on cult hero's what ever happened to Ben Czislowski?
He's head conditioning coach at Wynnum Manly.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Well said
You’re too smart to be on here at times
You bring the iq level up wayyy too high

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
During the campaign to get rid of previous board a meeting was held at Lakemba RSL where the members were shown what position we are in and the direction we are heading. They were also warned that this would happen if the Andersons get up.
The playing roster and style under Hasler was all his doing ( absolute boredom). The clubs financial position was the best in the league because of the the Ray Dib led board, the Andersons campaign was on one issue and that was Salary Cap which they claimed will be a problem not fixed till 2021. The direction they have taken has destroyed the brand and no amount of free Cap will fix 2021 and return club to being a powerhouse.
The members stuffed up and were seduced by the legacy of Bullfrog,

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seduced, worse than a dead root
During the campaign to get rid of previous board a meeting was held at Lakemba RSL where the members were shown what position we are in and the direction we are heading. They were also warned that this would happen if the Andersons get up.
The playing roster and style under Hasler was all his doing ( absolute boredom). The clubs financial position was the best in the league because of the the Ray Dib led board, the Andersons campaign was on one issue and that was Salary Cap which they claimed will be a problem not fixed till 2021. The direction they have taken has destroyed the brand and no amount of free Cap will fix 2021 and return club to being a powerhouse.
The members stuffed up and were seduced by the legacy of Bullfrog,