Anthony Watmough hints at Parramatta switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
THE biggest talking point out of the NSW State of Origin camp in Coffs Harbour was star forward Anthony Watmough’s discontent at his NRL club, the Manly Sea Eagles.

Long-considered a one-club player who would never leave the Sea Eagles’ Narrabeen headquarters, the chances of Watmough remaining at Manly beyond this year are lengthening by the day because the Blues enforcer is fuming at the way his mate Glenn Stewart was forced out of the club.

Contracted with the Sea *Eagles until the end of next season, Sport Confidential has been told Watmough was telling Blues teammates he could well end up at the Parramatta Eels next season. Despite all the denials, there is an ever-widening divide at the Sea *Eagles between the club’s senior players and star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans.

It’s not the first time Watmough has wanted to join the Eels. The Sea Eagles icon also entertained the idea when Ricky Stuart was coaching at Parramatta.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...arramatta-switch/story-fn2mcuj6-1226936399436

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
looks like the Manly Dynasty is starting to crumble "Despite all the denials, there is an ever-widening divide at the Sea *Eagles between the club’s senior players and star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans"

So is Daly a knobhead like barba as well? I remember he didnt seem to concerned about Glen Stewart leaving when they interviewed him

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DCE to broncos very soon...you heard it here first.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
looks like the Manly Dynasty is starting to crumble "Despite all the denials, there is an ever-widening divide at the Sea *Eagles between the club’s senior players and star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans"

So is Daly a knobhead like barba as well? I remember he didnt seem to concerned about Glen Stewart leaving when they interviewed him
So now Toovey will be tested as a coach?

Interesting times ahead!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DCE to broncos very soon...you heard it here first.
With what dollars? If their over the cap they would have to shed heaps of players to get DCE.

So what about Foran? Does DCE & Foran still get along?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
An article full of quotes from Watmough I see.

O wait I'm being sarcastic.....

Meh more like "trying to drive his price up for his final NRL contract and using Parra as the bargaining chip.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm....I'd be surprised by this. Right, by now you guys should be used to my research so here goes:

*Daly and Vessa live on Sydney's northern beaches where I'm originally from. Her family are there and they have a 15 month old baby. Those of you who have kids know exactly how likely it is that you are moving your wife and new baby away from her parents to a different state.Ricky found out the hard way with Proctor and his wife being due in a few weeks in Melbourne close to her family...FAIL.
*Daly is contracted to the Eagles until end 2015. Eagles currently working on $2 million contract extension to be signed within the next 6 weeks that will tie him to the club until the end of 2017. Broncos cannot legally even speak to him until November 1. By then it will be way too late. FAIL.
*Daly's recent comments on contract negotiations mentioned the Manly captaincy and stated how that would play a definite role in keeping him at the club: FAIL.
Manly is understood to be prepared to lose second rower Glenn Stewart to keep Cherry-Evans.

Cherry-Evans recently admitted that being made captain of Manly would help keep him on the northern beaches.
"Yes I would like to captain the side, and if that was offered it would help in terms of bargain power to keep me at the club," Cherry-Evans said.
Player agents are on record as saying that while Anthony Griffin looks like he's in danger of being sacked they are not letting any of their client's anywhere near the place: FAIL.

The Sunday Mail spoke to several player managers who admitted their clients were concerned the Broncos would be forced to appoint a new coach for next season.

The managers were unanimous; Brisbane's poor 2013 and doubts over Griffin's long term future were causing apprehension among the playing group.
The club's lack of playmakers and long-term vision was also raised as a roadblock by one Sydney-based manager who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
"They are just off with players at the moment. Players don't like going to clubs when they don't know who the coach will be next year," the agent said.

"I have a couple of players who are waiting to see how they fare in the opening half of the year before really considering the Broncos as an option."
*Daly's manager Gavin Orr's comment on Daly leaving the Eagles recently: FAIL.
Daly wants to stay at Manly, he is adamant he sees himself there for the next couple of years, that is the information he has passed onto me.“Daly has some mates at the Broncos and he’s a Queensland boy, so there’s always that talk about him going back.
“But his life is at Manly and I don’t see him wanting to change that at the moment.”

*Brisbane now in the news for being unable to deliver on third party deals and about to be fined and possibly punished with loss of points. FAIL.
*Manly let Glenn Stewart go specifically so they could pump the money into DCE staying. FAIL
Watmough now in news saying he is considering Parramatta due to issues at Manly over Stewart leaving and a view that DCE is at least partly responsible for this. FAIL.

Tell you what Indiandog - the bet is one very cold and tasty beer on me at a Dogs/Manly game at Sookvale if you are right and I'm wrong! I reckon we will know either way by round 18 this year.
I enjoy reading your post. Well thought out with effort.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Meh more like "trying to drive his price up for his final NRL contract and using Parra as the bargaining chip.
so true , thats what all players do these days.. look at Proctor

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Of course, he is 30 now so he will probably go to the highest bidder

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm....I'd be surprised by this. Right, by now you guys should be used to my research so here goes:

*Daly and Vessa live on Sydney's northern beaches where I'm originally from. Her family are there and they have a 15 month old baby. Those of you who have kids know exactly how likely it is that you are moving your wife and new baby away from her parents to a different state.Ricky found out the hard way with Proctor and his wife being due in a few weeks in Melbourne close to her family...FAIL.
*Daly is contracted to the Eagles until end 2015. Eagles currently working on $2 million contract extension to be signed within the next 6 weeks that will tie him to the club until the end of 2017. Broncos cannot legally even speak to him until November 1. By then it will be way too late. FAIL.
*Daly's recent comments on contract negotiations mentioned the Manly captaincy and stated how that would play a definite role in keeping him at the club: FAIL.
Manly is understood to be prepared to lose second rower Glenn Stewart to keep Cherry-Evans.

Cherry-Evans recently admitted that being made captain of Manly would help keep him on the northern beaches.
"Yes I would like to captain the side, and if that was offered it would help in terms of bargain power to keep me at the club," Cherry-Evans said.
Player agents are on record as saying that while Anthony Griffin looks like he's in danger of being sacked they are not letting any of their client's anywhere near the place: FAIL.

The Sunday Mail spoke to several player managers who admitted their clients were concerned the Broncos would be forced to appoint a new coach for next season.

The managers were unanimous; Brisbane's poor 2013 and doubts over Griffin's long term future were causing apprehension among the playing group.
The club's lack of playmakers and long-term vision was also raised as a roadblock by one Sydney-based manager who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
"They are just off with players at the moment. Players don't like going to clubs when they don't know who the coach will be next year," the agent said.

"I have a couple of players who are waiting to see how they fare in the opening half of the year before really considering the Broncos as an option."
*Daly's manager Gavin Orr's comment on Daly leaving the Eagles recently: FAIL.
Daly wants to stay at Manly, he is adamant he sees himself there for the next couple of years, that is the information he has passed onto me.“Daly has some mates at the Broncos and he’s a Queensland boy, so there’s always that talk about him going back.
“But his life is at Manly and I don’t see him wanting to change that at the moment.”

*Brisbane now in the news for being unable to deliver on third party deals and about to be fined and possibly punished with loss of points. FAIL.
*Manly let Glenn Stewart go specifically so they could pump the money into DCE staying. FAIL
Watmough now in news saying he is considering Parramatta due to issues at Manly over Stewart leaving and a view that DCE is at least partly responsible for this. FAIL.

Tell you what Indiandog - the bet is one very cold and tasty beer on me at a Dogs/Manly game at Sookvale if you are right and I'm wrong! I reckon we will know either way by round 18 this year.
Good research mate, but you forgot the most Important thing of all is that contracts dont mean anything these days. Broncos will shed a lot of players to accomodate DCE as he is the next best thing in the market while JT and big 3 are in twilight of their careers. Redcliffe is home for DCE not northern beaches of sydney. Wife and kids are only an excuse when players want to get out of their contracts ala barba. It might not happen this year but it will happen eventually.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Manly will, rightly so, do everything to keep DCE in Manly. Despite having a very quiet game in Origin, he is one of the best halves in the game. He's right up there with Thurston, IMO.

If Manly have to lose two aging forwards in Stewart and Watmough to keep one of the best halves, who's still pretty young, then so be it.

N

Natboy

It was only a matter of time until DCE got a big head. Even when he is interviewed I find him very fake and appears to put on a Mr Nice Guy persona but it's obvious he's an arrogant ****
I wouldn't be surprised if he is causing a divide in the team, he is best mates with Barba after all!

Ninja turtle face Watmough would probably go ok at Parra. I don't like him but he is definitely tough and not many of their forwards are

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does he still want to go lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time until DCE got a big head. Even when he is interviewed I find him very fake and appears to put on a Mr Nice Guy persona but it's obvious he's an arrogant ****
I wouldn't be surprised if he is causing a divide in the team, he is best mates with Barba after all!

Ninja turtle face Watmough would probably go ok at Parra. I don't like him but he is definitely tough and not many of their forwards are
He has been given big wraps and reason to have an ego though, but he should't stab the Eagles for all the money he can get or threaten to leave and etc after they stuck by him and gave him his big chance to play first grade

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
KE - bang on. Also Manly have a nice young production line of forwards like another club I know.
This is the kid that will be a star IMO:
Jake Trbojevic
Born in Mona Vale, New South Wales, Trbojevic played his junior football for the Mona Vale Raiders before being signed by the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

On 7 March 2012, Trbojevic re-signed with the Sea Eagles on a 2-year contract.He played for the Sea Eagles' NYC team in 2013

On 27 August 2013, Trbojevic was named at prop in the 2013 NYC Team of the Year.
In Round 26 of the 2013 NRL season, Trbojevic made his NRL debut for the Sea Eagles against the Penrith Panthers.[SUP][3][/SUP]
Representative career

Trbojevic has played for the New South Wales U16's and U18's teams.
Trbojevic has played for the Australian Schoolboys.
In 2013, Trbojevic played for the New South Wales U20's team.

A weapon. 20 years old, 6'1" and 106kgs. Local junior. Watch out for him, he's the new Watmough WITHOUT the urination in public issues ;)

If we are still keen on another forward for God knows what reason, we could do worse than make an enquiry.
I think his brother Tom will be an even bigger star.

Status
Not open for further replies.