Another one. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
THEY'RE the eight Bulldogs who hijacked the Dally Ms - and now have every rival gunning for them.

The 2009 NRL finals series has suddenly turned personal after the Belmore Boys took league's premier night and made it beat to the sound of those derbakeh drums.

Here was an evening when every envelope that opened had another Doggies name jumping out.

Dally M rookie. Jamal Idris. Dally M coach. Kevin Moore. Skipper Andrew Ryan even having his captain's gong presented by club great Steve Mortimer.

And it had to hurt.

Had to eat away at those Melbourne Stormers who couldn't get one player into the Dally M Team of the Year. Ditto Newcastle, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Even minor premiers St George Illawarra were afforded only one spot for sizzling No. 6 Jamie Soward.

All of which simply adds fuel to the most open finals series in NRL history.

Motivation for those rivals who believe Eels wonderboy Daniel Mortimer was the real pick for Dally M rookie. Who think Dragons boss Wayne Bennett remains the master coach.

Who wanna know how Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah finishes fourth in Dally M voting but still misses out on Team of the Year?

"Mate, in all honesty I think our boys need to put those trophies in their cupboards or whatever, but forget about them," club legend Mortimer warned.

"Because what the Dally Ms represent is those 26 rounds the club and players have experienced this year. An incredible turnaround that's a credit to everyone from Todd Greenberg down.

"But that part of the season, it's done with now."

Which is why The Daily Telegraph's back page image of that Mutley Crew is sure to be plastered all over seven rival dressingrooms this weekend.

Not because the Bulldogs are brash or boastful. Arrogant or crass. But because they're the best.

They took league's premier event and painted it blue and white.

"And what those players, what Kevin and Todd have done for this club, as a former player I think it's an absolute blessing," Mortimer said.

"But everything is about to start all over again this weekend.

"It's like an old saying I have. One of my favourites. That players who spend any time looking back at their Dally M awards ... they're the ones who trip over in the finals."

* INJURED Bulldogs playmaker Brett Kimmorley returned to light duties yesterday and declared he was still on track for a playing return in week three of the finals.

Kimmorley has no doubt rivals will try to test out his troubled cheekbone when he returns to the field but said it would take a "mallet" to smash the injured area again.

The Dogs halfback, who has been sidelined since a head clash against the Warriors in round 25, added he would not be required to wear any protective headgear.

"Obviously the plates I've got inserted make it (cheek) as strong as the other side," said Kimmorley, who will watch the Dogs clash with Newcastle on Saturday from the sideline.

"It would take a hit very similar to what occurred a few weeks ago for it to break again. I certainly don't hope I get my head into a position that way again. I've watched the tackle and I've got no idea what I was thinking.

"I'm confident in the ability of our team to be able to win on Saturday night and I'll be able to sit down for two weeks and have a good recovery and get ready to play."

Should the Dogs lose on Saturday, it is unclear if Kimmorley will be rushed back earlier.

He said, although his eye was heavily bloodshot, he could see and no longer needed painkillers.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
hijacked the dally m???we owned the dally m hth

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BK returning has got me so excited. :D

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
the thought of BK returning gives me a boner tbh lol :p

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
If it was up to me, Jama wouldn't have got ROTY.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I would have gone with Mortimer tbh
He's only played like 7 or 8 games though - I think that's why he wasn't considered.

Kevin Locke
Alex Glenn
Josh Dugan
Kevin Gordon

All these guys deserved it more if you ask me. If Jama wasn't Indigenous and didn't have a ridiculous hairstyle, he wouldn't be talked about as much. True story. Same as David Williams.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
its not like jamal hasnt played well though...i think he deserved it :o

I

I R Cookie

He's only played like 7 or 8 games though - I think that's why he wasn't considered.

Kevin Locke
Alex Glenn
Josh Dugan
Kevin Gordon

All these guys deserved it more if you ask me. If Jama wasn't Indigenous and didn't have a ridiculous hairstyle, he wouldn't be talked about as much. True story. Same as David Williams.
True, Dugan would be choice from there.
But I dont know, Jamal was in the top team of the season and he did manage to set the stage alight at times. I suppose he'd be more in the limelight then the others which would have been another factor in his selection.
I'm still cheering, I think he does deserve it somewhat.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
No doubt he's done really well for a young bloke and I applaud him for getting it...But I wouldn't say he was the best of the bunch.

I dunno, defensively nowhere near up to scratch at crucial times, and does go missing in games in attack. The other blokes (from what I've seen) have put in week in, week out.

I try my best not to be biased. :o

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
considering that it is his first full season in FG and he will have the benefits of going through an off season aswell so it should do him a heap of good :grinning:

I

I R Cookie

No doubt he's done really well for a young bloke and I applaud him for getting it...But I wouldn't say he was the best of the bunch.

I dunno, defensively nowhere near up to scratch at crucial times, and does go missing in games in attack. The other blokes (from what I've seen) have put in week in, week out.

I try my best not to be biased. :o
Like I said, somewhat ;)

Yeah the others did put in week in week out, but they happened to be on teams which lost alot more then we did. And Jamal did have those superstar moments, he had the X factor at times, in a way he reminded me of Sonny Bill (with a bit less fine tuning though :o)

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Like I said, somewhat ;)

Yeah the others did put in week in week out, but they happened to be on teams which lost alot more then we did. And Jamal did have those superstar moments, he had the X factor at times, in a way he reminded me of Sonny Bill (with a bit less fine tuning though :o)
Somewhat shut up! How dare you challenge my authority. :p

I need sleep. Smell ya later.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
who cares about painting the dally m's blue and white i want to paint the premiership trophy blue and white

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Jeez they must be hard up for a story at the moment.
I bet not 1 other club will put that pic up in their locker rooms. What a load!

Status
Not open for further replies.