Andrew Fifita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha seriously? A plodder? C'mon buddy. He was just hitting his peak and was being touted as the next best thing since haloumi when we tried to get him. Why would we offer a plodder $850k at that time bro? I can't say that under Des he would be this good, im just saying in hindsight it would've been a great buy considering his current form and the value of a geniune game changing prop.
It was his off field stuff that was getting him in trouble and our no dickheads policy that saw the board reverse engines. I think they did the right thing long term for the club in not picking him up even though he is an outstanding prop. We still have to continually work on our brand to ensure we get top quality sponsors. I don't think we would have Kia if we had signed him and a few of the other 'bad boys' around at the time.

Archie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fifita had a blinder in origin and in my opinion was second best to Tedesco.... only because he was rested twice and teddy played the full 80.
Fifita is a damaging player and can be the best forward in the comp just like Kasiano can.... Fifita has up and down games he's no taumalolo who is consistent.
It's a shame we have Kasiano but the fat flop doesn't do what Fifita can even though I think he is capable of it.

N

Natboy

It was his off field stuff that was getting him in trouble and our no dickheads policy that saw the board reverse engines. I think they did the right thing long term for the club in not picking him up even though he is an outstanding prop. We still have to continually work on our brand to ensure we get top quality sponsors. I don't think we would have Kia if we had signed him and a few of the other 'bad boys' around at the time.
It was more the fact that they found out he had been in a mental hospital after trying to commit suicide at David's Bucks on the Gold Coast.
The comment he made about going to the ARU was a convenient excuse by the club to pull his contract offer

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It was more the fact that they found out he had been in a mental hospital after trying to commit suicide at David's Bucks on the Gold Coast.
The comment he made about going to the ARU was a convenient excuse by the club to pull his contract offer
No doubt you are right. That added to an already "impressive" list of off field indiscretions.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I honestly think the biggest mistake was the Tolman signing. I mean common, we only resigned him until 2020. We should have offered him 1.2million a year until 2030

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Des would have converted him into a fat pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.