Opinion Anasta and Ennis: We’re back!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sharks will be a good test, we faded around half time against them last season in the trials. Sharks have become a team in recent years that put us to the sword, in training session type victories.

Sharks and Storm are no mugs, they are well drilled no matter who fills in.
Sharks will have a near full strength team for our next trial and so will we, but that game will be more of a barometer of where we’re at, particularly in the first half before both teams ring in the changes.

Whatmate

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nah Ennis reckons he's sharks royalty because he spent a grand total of 2 years and won a comp.

I've changed my mind about Anasta over the past few seasons, thought he was a Roosters traitor but he has come out to bat for the dogs on a couple of occasions.
Fuck ennis he’s the traitor

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
line speed was there all night, defense was good.
storm first try down the edge with clark and skelton and second try off kick.. otherwise we defended well, pressure on their middles and fitness of the forwards looks a mile ahead of what they been the last couple years.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key is going to be how we bring these guys through. There is one thing having a good crop of juniors. However selecting the right players to bring through at the right time is critical.
110% correct, but it's a good headache to have after all these years of mediocrity.
The back-line movement for a trial was particularly inspiring and something we just haven't seen in years.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Both him and Kasiano were out, that's 2/3rd's of your front row out. Those two included it could have been a different game
Cripes, what a forward pack though (apart from mbye), even though Kasiano at the time would of made a definite difference being around instead of Tim Browne, Ennis was the missing link that year.

8 Aiden Tolman
19 Moses Mbye
10 James Graham (c)
11 Josh Jackson
12 Tony Williams
13 Greg Eastwood

Interchange
14 Tim Browne
15 Dale Finucane
16 David Klemmer
17 Frank Pritchard

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ya, I don't get this narrative. I don't think I've seen anyone be critical about the work done with our juniors, I know I haven't.
I think it might be the disconnect between the presence of Gus hatred and the clearly excellent job he has done in the development space. People don't tend to qualify their statements, and on the rare occasion that someone does, most people reading it ignore the qualifications, depending on their existing biases.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro, everyone has been very supportive of Gus in regards to the junior development and the efforts he has personally taken to sign juniors. No one has been shitting on him regarding our junior development and pathways programs.
Not what I was referring to mate.

It was more so the criticism of the current signings and the ability to land marquee players. He can probably see we have a few young marquee players so he doesn’t want to pay overs for players on the market

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cripes, what a forward pack though (apart from mbye), even though Kasiano at the time would of made a definite difference being around instead of Tim Browne, Ennis was the missing link that year.

8 Aiden Tolman
19 Moses Mbye
10 James Graham (c)
11 Josh Jackson
12 Tony Williams
13 Greg Eastwood

Interchange
14 Tim Browne
15 Dale Finucane
16 David Klemmer
17 Frank Pritchard
With the exception of TB, That bench was insane