News An attitude thing’: Ciraldo rips Bulldogs as ‘embarrassed’ skipper takes blame

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mahoney should be embarrassed. Fucker gets bumped off in defence far to often and tbh I think his missed tackle count is generous.
Compare his shit efforts to Ennis taking on a rampaging Sam Burgess... Regardless of what you think of Ennis, he was a real leader in the middle.
Only leniency I'll give Mahoney is that he really could have been better off if Jackson didn't retire.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney should be embarrassed. Fucker gets bumped off in defence far to often and tbh I think his missed tackle count is generous.
Compare his shit efforts to Ennis taking on a rampaging Sam Burgess... Regardless of what you think of Ennis, he was a real leader in the middle.
Only leniency I'll give Mahoney is that he really could have been better off if Jackson didn't retire.
Little research for you mate ..

What alpha forward pack did Ennis have protecting him … compared to the alpha pack Mahoney has protecting him ..

Your 9’s never been your biggest bloke … but most really good 9’s are backed up by some of the biggest most feared mongrel blokes in the comp ..

Right now I’m not seeing anyone backing up our 9 .. he’s being targeted with practically zero protection .. yet I’ve still seen him take on AFB, RCG, Not going to name all the teams props but he’s stood in front of them all and at least tried ..

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mahoney needs time off hes cooked.. just sub him with nu brown ffs

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bring back potter as head coach and put ciraldo in as assistant. That move will make a big difference
There's something called a 5 year contract in play so that's not gonna happen.
It's pretty obvious to me that Ciraldo is not a Head Coach.
When Storm had 50 odd put on them by Cowboys, they came out he next week with defensive systems that crushed Cronulla.
Ciraldo talks of creating defensive pressure and attitude, and "trusting" the system he's put in place.
I don't see a system sorry. Once Cronulla started moving the ball quickly, we couldn't keep up. We couldn't get 3 in any tackles to hold them up and wrestle to slow them down. We peeled straight off them and let them roll through. It looked like the days of when the NRL first implemented the new 6 again rule....like deer in the headlights. They treated Mahoney up the middle as a turnstile. He had no defensive support.
At one stage it really looked like boys v men, with Oluapo, Rajid, Morrin, Flanagan, Averillo, Perham, Mahoney....all small guys seemingly alone as middles trying to stop big Cronulla forwards crashing up the middle. The comment of the day was we looked like we were playing midget footy. The cameras panned to the bench to see TPJ, Patolo and Pele keeping the seats warm WTF?????
Ciraldo talks of creating defensive pressure BUT DOESNT GIVE THE TEAM THE AMMUNITION TO DO SO.
This season is rapidly becoming a joke. We are now over -150 in +/-
Closest is around +/- 75. Ciraldo was supposedly Penriths defensive coach. I fail to believe we are incapable of defending any better, but the same things are happening every week.
We look lost, disconnected, strangers, uninterested, pathetic.
The Coach has to be held accountable for the way the team performs.
So yes Ciro, as we have a bye and no footy for 2 weeks, it's time to work out a better defensive system.

New Era Bulldogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
There's something called a 5 year contract in play so that's not gonna happen.
It's pretty obvious to me that Ciraldo is not a Head Coach.
When Storm had 50 odd put on them by Cowboys, they came out he next week with defensive systems that crushed Cronulla.
Ciraldo talks of creating defensive pressure and attitude, and "trusting" the system he's put in place.
I don't see a system sorry. Once Cronulla started moving the ball quickly, we couldn't keep up. We couldn't get 3 in any tackles to hold them up and wrestle to slow them down. We peeled straight off them and let them roll through. It looked like the days of when the NRL first implemented the new 6 again rule....like deer in the headlights. They treated Mahoney up the middle as a turnstile. He had no defensive support.
At one stage it really looked like boys v men, with Oluapo, Rajid, Morrin, Flanagan, Averillo, Perham, Mahoney....all small guys seemingly alone as middles trying to stop big Cronulla forwards crashing up the middle. The comment of the day was we looked like we were playing midget footy. The cameras panned to the bench to see TPJ, Patolo and Pele keeping the seats warm WTF?????
Ciraldo talks of creating defensive pressure BUT DOESNT GIVE THE TEAM THE AMMUNITION TO DO SO.
This season is rapidly becoming a joke. We are now over -150 in +/-
Closest is around +/- 75. Ciraldo was supposedly Penriths defensive coach. I fail to believe we are incapable of defending any better, but the same things are happening every week.
We look lost, disconnected, strangers, uninterested, pathetic.
The Coach has to be held accountable for the way the team performs.
So yes Ciro, as we have a bye and no footy for 2 weeks, it's time to work out a better defensive system.
No one has mentioned the puppet master himself Mr Gus Gould. Ciraldo can't breathe unless he gets Gould's permission. Team selections, systems, etc have to be shown to Gould beforehand. Gould is also to blame for blooding juniors too early.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I preferred last week’s press conference. Today it all sounded pretty rosy ‘they’re just young’ - ‘the answer is in that room’.
I’m far from an expert but I’m not certain the answers are ‘in the room’ . Last week he said if they can’t do the job he’s need to get some who can….. then picked the same team…. Today was dreadful and as bad as any game we’ve placed in the last three seasons.
Looks to me like he’s lost that room.

2nd week in a row I’ve turned off 25min in, after they conceded a third try. Dogs games are back to being the least enjoyable game of the round

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patolo only forward that makes decent defensive contact don’t think he played the second half

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks to me like he’s lost that room.

2nd week in a row I’ve turned off 25min in, after they conceded a third try. Dogs games are back to being the least enjoyable game of the round
Lost the locker room and losing fans.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe if cc rotated the forwards better we’d have less missed tackles due to less fatigue, watching out games it feels like we have 6 interchange left at the 70th minute, it’s fucking ludicrous

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nailed it mate .. Mahoney is running all over the park trying to compensate for missed tackles and weak defence ..

We get out muscled all over the park .. we lose because we have a lack of experience size and power .. it’s not rocket science ..
exactly if you put Cameron smith in there jeez he wouldn’t be any better

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo has conceded his side “can’t keep doing the same thing” and expect a different result following another thumping on Sunday.

The Bulldogs were thrashed by the Sharks 48-10 just six days after they were flogged by the Eels 34-12 on the King’s Birthday.

“That was a tough one. We’ve got a week of training to sort it out, we can’t keep doing the same thing,” Ciraldo said.

“Two weeks ago against the Roosters I thought we played really well, we did a lot of good things and last week and this week hasn’t been good enough. I know what they’re capable of, but it’s been a tough two weeks.”

Captain Reed Mahoney said he was “embarrassed” following another heavy loss.

“I wasn’t at my standard today, as a captain of the club I didn’t lead by example and I’m pretty embarrassed by it,” Mahoney said.

“We’ve got a lot of young and inexperienced boys and they’re learning their trade along the way and it’s not always flowers and rainbows.

“Things are hard but we’ll keep working hard and keep striving for the standards that we want.

“There were just periods there that got out of control and us older senior boys need to stand up.”

Canterbury now have the bye and Ciraldo emphasised they’ll refuse to “accept mediocrity”, with the rookie coach calling for his players to instead “buy in”.

“It definitely gives us the chance to go back to basics and work on stuff in games that’s letting us down at the moment,” he said.

“We had 56 missed tackles again, clearly we need to work on that but as I said before the game, that’s an attitude thing.

“If you’re going to sit on your heels and let your No. 9 (Mahoney) get targeted the way he is at the moment, then you’re going to miss a lot of tackles.

“We need to buy into the defensive pressure and system we’ve got in place. We can easily say let’s find another system and accept mediocrity, but we’re not going to do that.

“It feels like we’ve had a rotation of guys come through and we’re seeing which guys can get the job done in that system.

“The answers are in that room, we don’t have to go looking too far. The last two weeks we’ve just missed too many tackles and been beaten in the basics of the game.”
How about piss of the players who are constantly shit you dumbarse, knoconmore should be the first to be shown the fucking door, drop the turd to reserves and don't re-sign ffs!!!