Rumour Alex Twal to become a Bulldog

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wanna burn down this f’ucking coffee shop as it seems to attract the absolute sh1t of the nrl
want vs willing is what it comes down too, how many players want to come to us off contract or willing to break one?

Hence we need to take who we can willing to play into the new system, club can only get those who are willing.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We dont need Twal to work in the middle

If we want a worker in the middle, shift Preston to lock who is 10x the player twal is and sign Koloamatangi or Jordan Riki to play on the right edge

Riki is only on 350k and no way can the Broncos match the cashed up clubs, considering they have already upgraded Haas, Carrigan and also need to upgrade Walsh substantially

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good depth signing .. nothing spectacular .. waiting for 2/3 marquee signing for 2025

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Twal. People want props who can make metres consistently and are good defenders, but don't want Twal who played 22 games, averaged 106 metres, 32 tackles and had a 98.5% tackle efficiency..

He won't break tackles or get offloads but he's a good, consistent prop that people will learn to appreciate if we sign him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didnt Tolman have a similar game to Twal..
Twal averages 45.9 minutes a game and averages 106 metres a game (this year). That's 2.31 metres/minute. Tolman averaged 60.8 minutes/game and averaged 140.8 metres/game (2020). That's a 2.32 metres/minute game. I personally don't think you can afford to carry a plodder like this without an offload or tackle break anymore.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Twal. People want props who can make metres consistently and are good defenders, but don't want Twal who played 22 games, averaged 106 metres, 32 tackles and had a 98.5% tackle efficiency..

He won't break tackles or get offloads but he's a good, consistent prop that people will learn to appreciate if we sign him.
People whinge about our defence but don't want the most efficient defender...
For the right price I would sign him !!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Prime tolman was a machine. Was 150m+ 35+ tackles. Fair enough never had the size to do damage at the line. But his speed and work in defence. He was very underrated. Problem was the way Hasler used him. Hasler had a very different view on what players should do. Probably got the worst out of Tolman, Lichaa, Hodkinson, Kasiano just because they didn’t fit in with what he wanted.

Twal is a big upgrade on King, Sutton, Edwards which is what we should be focusing on. Not that he is a “plodder” or anything else. I’d welcome him and wish him luck with injuries and head knocks. Could be a handy pick up.