CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree. Put me on that Souths left edge and I’d probably look like a star
That's why I hate buying backs from top sides, very easy to look good in a good system.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly this. I have actually been impressed with his defense so far this year as it was the one area he copped a lot of criticism for prior to this year. He rushed out of the line twice which lead to tries, and this was disapointing, but the iddiots on here calling him useless wish they had the talent he has in his little toe.
A bit of perspective goes a long way. Doing a great job for a 19 year old who has played 10 games. The only way he will improve is to play first grade week in week out and play against quality opposition. A bad game every now and then is completely expected

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A bit of perspective goes a long way. Doing a great job for a 19 year old who has played 10 games. The only way he will improve is to play first grade week in week out and play against quality opposition. A bad game every now and then is completely expected
Yep and further perspective is Averillo has played 64 games…

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit I thought Alamoti was a good player and Nasheed was talking Kara, but in hindsight he was on the money.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In defence of Alamoti and some of the other outside backs who have played at the Dogs the last 5 years - if the forwards were doing their job and at the bare minimim holding the ruck and not being continually dominated, they wouldnt have to be making defensive decisions - they would only have to make the tackles on player they are marking.

Watch other games with less than speedy centres - the inside defenders cover up deficiencies as opposed to Burtons effort on Friday.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watch alot of NSW cup last year & Alamoti was not producing consistently great performances in a strong side. So I was surprised that he had a mortgage on the centre spot this year.
I hear that he is only 19 years old & needs more FG experience. There are other potential players at a relatively young age who are not getting experience. Wilson, Kiraz,(at centre) , Shelton ( little older at 24.)

I hear that JAC is not there to assist. Players should be FG ready irrespective who are their wings partner.
I have seen some solid games, but no standout games this year. His lack of speed has resulted in half chances being covered up by defences. His one,-on-one tackles are good, but misses too many tackles when covering faster players. He is not going to get much quicker than what he is.

I hear that he is not on his favoured side. Most young players coming into first grade do not get to play in their preferred position. Many centres/ Fullbacks end up on the wings until they have proved themselves and an opportunity arises.

May not be popular in the kennel, but I think that Alamoti needs to go back to NSW CUP & work on his game. (Or gets some gametime in the forwards)

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think were lucky Ciro isnt getting in his car and driving back to Penrith.
If we run second last this season he (CC) might want to get in his car and drive back to Penrith because he'll have a lot of supporters right behind with pitchforks in hand!!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our middles are getting destroyed, edges have no chance when that happens.
Yes of course that’s were it all starts. But even when our middles are holding there own during the year our edge defense has been suspect. That try by Canberra from the scrum I saw coming as soon as Alamoti rushed up too quickly.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes of course that’s were it all starts. But even when our middles are holding there own during the year our edge defense has been suspect. That try by Canberra from the scrum I saw coming as soon as Alamoti rushed up too quickly.
Burton crowded over towards the sideline and left a hole a few times.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as he sprinted off his line I knew there was a try coming. Sure Burton should of made that tackle, but that was Alamoti’s man. He’s been exposed in D so many times this year. We have an issue with our centers defending, that’s why teams are scoring on our edges.
We’ve had issues since Jmoz left. Avo has never been a good defender no matter where he’s played, and Alamoti if a rookie that’s playing with rookies either side. Reggie’s defensively has always been well behind FG.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Ciro kept him and Casey together until Fox came back, Alamotis a long term project, Casey is a fill in.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hard to be good playing inside Declan fucking Casey. He was good with fox talking to him helping him but Declan has no idea and probably didn’t communicate well enough

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve had issues since Jmoz left. Avo has never been a good defender no matter where he’s played, and Alamoti if a rookie that’s playing with rookies either side. Reggie’s defensively has always been well behind FG.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Ciro kept him and Casey together until Fox came back, Alamotis a long term project, Casey is a fill in.
After Friday night I don’t think Casey plays NRL again. We can bring players in from outside the top 30 this week? If fox is out and Skelton suspended still, I’d expect Wilson to get a crack.

Dogahol

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you're good enough, you're old enough. Alamoti has displayed he is neither, yet. Chuck him in NSW Cup to develop further.