Alamoti to the Panthers

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
One thing I did really like about this kid was his ability the get a really quick ball away to his winger.

Penrith haven’t had a centre that can actually feed their wingers in fuck knows how long.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So long and good bye, if he was good enough for the club moving forward he would have been retained.

I know I sound negative but thats not my intention, like always club > player.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
All the best to the kid. Yeah I get he’s young and all, but what’s the saying..“if you’re good enough, you’re old enough “…well I’m just not sure he’s good enough. Too slow to be a centre, too small to be a forward, he’s in a shit position to be honest.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kid is 19. I'm just surprised that the club were so quick to write him off. I saw him do some good things in the early part of the year like a quick catch and pass to send JAC over and he was solid in the air.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Expecting the “why did we let him go” comments to come in next year.

Good luck to him, just had had a terrible year…

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He won’t make their team but this is bitter sweet . He had such big wraps but turned out to be a flop for us

Malla

Reaction score
Bruh this dude got given half a year to prove him self and got shafted. RFM got 8 years and didn’t show anything
Alamoti has been in this system for years. He’s shown these qualities (or lack there of) over the course of that period. It’s also largely due to what’s happening during the week.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
This is a good thing, it would be way harder to recruit if our ex players don't find clubs. The fact that most have moved on to another pay check is a good thing.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[emoji95]Paul Alamoti signs with Penrith[emoji95]
Story from SMH

The Penrith Panthers have landed a significant coup, luring boom rookie Paul Alamoti to the club from the Bulldogs next season.

The back-to-back champions have been in discussions with Alamoti for the past week, agreeing to terms on a deal that will see the teenager fill the Panthers’ final spot in their top 30 roster for next season.

The 19-year-old, who debuted for the Bulldogs in round one this year, is being brought to the club to add depth to a backline that will be without Stephen Crichton after this season.

Alamoti has long been regarded as one of the most promising young players coming through the game’s junior system but struggled at times in his rookie season.

The 2022 NSW under-19s representative was dropped to NSW Cup at one stage during the year but managed to finish the season in first grade.

The Bulldogs have not been convinced he is the long-term answer at the club and haven’t put forward an offer. They have added the likes of Bronson Xerri, Crichton and Blake Taaffe to their backline for 2024.

Alamoti came through the Canterbury system as a young child. He played in the Canterbury district for local side Milperra Colts, rising through the ranks in Canterbury’s Harold Matthews, SG Ball and Jersey Flegg teams.

He will become the second Canterbury junior to leave the club in the past few months. The Bulldogs wouldn’t get into a bidding war for fellow local junior Jake Averillo, who attracted a lucrative offer from the Dolphins to join the Queensland club next year.

Crichton will leave the Panthers at the end of the season to link up with close friend and mentor Cameron Ciraldo at the embattled Bulldogs, who are in the middle of overhauling an underperforming roster to add some starch and experience to the squad.

The Bulldogs have managed to snare several Panthers players in recent years, luring the likes of Villiame Kikau, Matt Burton and Crichton to Belmore.

Alamoti is now heading in the other direction and could be in the starting team for the Panthers in round one next year.

Crichton’s departure will open a spot in the backline, however the Panthers will welcome back Taylan May, who missed all of this season after suffering an ACL injury in the World Club Challenge loss to St Helens back in February.
I wish they'd stop taking our players !

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange that the best team in the comp see enough to sign him up

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we've written him off too quickly + we didn't need him to be playing NRL week in and out next year. I still think he has a lot of potential.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disastrous for 2 reasons
1. It will definitely come back to bite us. He was one of our best young talents in yrs. He will come good and most likely tear us to shreds in the future
2. It confirms our worst fear that we have signed a 900k centre (Crichton) and are still without a fullback for 24 onwards

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Kid is only 19 and has all the tools. He will smash it up at Penrith. We've let another good one go.

Meanwhile, we are paying massive overs for a centre to come over and play fullback, even though he's never going to cut the mustard.

If Gus and Ciraldo aren't killing this once great club, they are at very least taking a cheeky piddle on its corpse. Meanwhile most of you shmos are holding hands around a campfire singing kumbaya.

Facepalm city, baby!

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t worry about Bronson, he’s ready to go, running 10.60 with Mr Fabri, benching 190kg for 3 reps, has lovely skin atm, back acne all clear, and is bringing out an R & B track in December called “Ain’t nobody catch me”. Also hes doing jail visits with Gus, not only giving back to the hard done by community, but catching up and chillin with big brah . Anyway his management team have asked the bulldogs for two things to help him in the off season, they want Gus to put Victor Conte on in a mentoring role for our transition aged players, just so they are up to Bronsons level when they reach the NRL ,and they have also asked Gus to lower the perimeter fencing around Belmore.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So are we announcing departing players yet? Lol

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Disastrous for 2 reasons
1. It will definitely come back to bite us. He was one of our best young talents in yrs. He will come good and most likely tear us to shreds in the future
2. It confirms our worst fear that we have signed a 900k centre (Crichton) and are still without a fullback for 24 onwards
Why would you care Buzz your a Shark R%%ter?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to the kid, personally not sure how he will go at penrith there are a lot of decent backs there allready.
He may not even improve, especially if he is constantly playing reserves.
Look at garner, playing most of season in reserves, played better at tigers imo

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to him but he is no loss.
He was rated one of our absolute gun juniors I believe? which goes to show the transition to FG is a big step indeed ..

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just don't think he has the size to be an NRL centre. Probably a good move for him going to the Panthers but make no mistake, he's been signed as a backup centre. Interesting to note that we didn't make an offer.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Penrith Panthers have landed a significant coup, luring boom rookie Paul Alamoti to the club from the Bulldogs next season.
The back-to-back champions have been in discussions with Alamoti for the past week, agreeing to terms on a deal that will see the teenager fill the Panthers’ final spot in their top 30 roster for next season
Enjoy nsw cup lol