Aiden Tolman - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Mitch Brown didn't play the first few opening games this year.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Tolman missed 3 games in mid-2011, and hasn't missed a game since.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone will agree with me but I think Tolman does not offer us much as a front rower, he does not lay a platform as his hit ups are pedestrian! Even his defence this year was not as strong falling off one on one tackles. Personally I would not of renewed his contract!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone will agree with me but I think Tolman does not offer us much as a front rower, he does not lay a platform as his hit ups are pedestrian! Even his defence this year was not as strong falling off one on one tackles. Personally I would not of renewed his contract!
Yeah I've said for a while that he doesn't give us much other than stats (i.e tackles made, runs made, and metres gained). If he was at the Storm he would probably still be playing off the bench.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't doubt his work ethic but he is does not have the impact of a modern day prop. I think we could of saved some of our cap by promoting Klemmer and having T Browne and even Tapau as back up.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't doubt his work ethic but he is does not have the impact of a modern day prop. I think we could of saved some of our cap by promoting Klemmer and having T Browne and even Tapau as back up.
Yeah he's a good player just doesn't dominate or help us roll forward. He has no offload in his game either.

soaibdiwan1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Devid klemmer should play on number 8 tolman on bench..tolman is not impressive if we see roosters JWH

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taupau has gone to the tigers.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Devid klemmer should play on number 8 tolman on bench..tolman is not impressive if we see roosters JWH
JWH isn't an 80 minute work horse, we have Kasiano and Graham as our impact props.

Malla

Reaction score
He's an 80 minute prop. He's a commodity in todays game - so many teams go for the high impact players but Tolman is probable one of the best in the game in that what he produces in the 1st minute is the same as the 80th minute.
He has very little missed tackles, he never get's driven back and has a high work ethic. He may not offer the same value as Kasiano in terms of impact but he's consistent. He has developed a good passing game under hasler which will only improve. I like him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I like Tolman, and I reckon he may be future captain material actually.

Puts in a consistent performance week in, week out. Is well disciplined, bends the line a bit, and always gives 100%. Low error rate, and a champion bloke off the field. Every team needs metre makers like him and Graham, who come in and just cart the ball forward.

Kas, Klemmer, Browne, are our impact props who come in and smash the defence, and when they are tired, on come Graham and Tolman to take advantage of that.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I like Tolman, and I reckon he may be future captain material actually.

Puts in a consistent performance week in, week out. Is well disciplined, bends the line a bit, and always gives 100%. Low error rate, and a champion bloke off the field. Every team needs metre makers like him and Graham, who come in and just cart the ball forward.

Kas, Klemmer, Browne, are our impact props who come in and smash the defence, and when they are tired, on come Graham and Tolman to take advantage of that.
Tolman draws a lot of similarities to gallen in my eyes. Less grubby but a workhorse nonetheless

Malla

Reaction score
Tolman draws a lot of similarities to gallen in my eyes. Less grubby but a workhorse nonetheless
Key difference between the 2 is Tolman understands when it's his time in the set to take a hit up and get the second phase play going with a pass behind the line. One thing that sh!ts me about Gallen when watching him is the amount of times he kills the Sharks attack with a hit up on the 3rd or 4th tackles. I understand that it's the hooker or half that calls the plays for the Dogs hence why Tolman doesn't find himself in that situation... but on many occasions Gallen calls for it over his halves for a hit up or he tries to do too much with the ball.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Tolman for his workhorse attitude, but his minutes have been dropping. In the last 3 games of the regular season he played 62 minutes, 47 minutes, 37 minutes respectively. Unless he's been carrying an injury it looks like Des many be focusing on giving the impact players more minutes.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We shouldn't have re signed him we have one work horse in graham that is actually a creative prop as well so it's a bonus. We don't need a crappy version of Graham in the same team. I'm thinking we re signed him for peanuts because we have him security a long term contract.

Graham would be my starting prop with kasiano, klemmer on the bench with Browne to be honest. I can't find a spot for Tolman and if something happens Eastwood can always cover as a prop

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I look at the other teams and they don't rely on a prop to do so many minutes. I feel him being out there so long maybe affects the quality of his runs as I think he does not bend the line. Other teams rely on a lock to play the role Tolman is playing.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Tolman for his workhorse attitude, but his minutes have been dropping. In the last 3 games of the regular season he played 62 minutes, 47 minutes, 37 minutes respectively. Unless he's been carrying an injury it looks like Des many be focusing on giving the impact players more minutes.
Guessing that's what Des wanted, to keep our injured impact forwards with more game time leading into the finals or playing them more because we got desperate. Either way Tolman is a great addition to any team and shows his value with his stats and defence.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
it's true we need a prop who is going to take it up with heat, attract defenders and make yards but tolman isn't and never was that player. The fact that Kas being out a lot of the year has brought the spotlight unfairly onto him. Tolman is a great worker and Clubman and deserves his contract.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
No nonsense forward. Not every forward needs to throw the ball out the back, or do crazy offloads.

Doesn't miss many tackles (making plently), always making 15+ hit ups helping us make ground.

Most dont see what he does for us, as we are more concerned about Kasiano/Finnucane/Graham. Or we are too focused on bashing TRex.

Status
Not open for further replies.